Signs and Earbuds

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu wakes up at her usual time, she has a shower she gets dressed and she’s ready to get to school, now all she needed was her skateboard and….

Her skateboard, it’s not there.

Then she remembers

Sana’s car.

“”

Tzuyu stuffs her face with two slices of bread with butter on them, grabs a water bottle and sprints out her house. If she doesn’t run at top speed she’ll definitely be late

Tzuyu’s running through the twists and turns of various streets as ‘Get scared – don’t you dare forget the sun’ is playing.  It’s the motivation she needs to get to school on time.

‘Well I know you lay in bed, contemplating your own death. Well just look at what you’ve done, don’t you dare forget the sun love.’

She gets to school and jumps over the fence so she’s on the football field. She has two minutes to run across it before the bell rings.

The football team are practicing, but she’s so far away it shouldn’t bother them. The look in JB’s eyes weren’t exactly filling Tzuyu with confidence, but she still tries to bolt to class as the music in her ears reached the bridge

‘Dear diary, life is trying me. Can I get a sign, or two of mine, a piece of mind? Oh can I get a sign, can I get a sign’

When she hears this, she imagined Sana being nice to her for once, or maybe not getting tripped up in the hallways. But of course life just had to make it harder as she gets smacked in the face with a football at top speed, absolutely winding her, knocking Tzuyu out cold.

“Some sign that was” was the last thing she said before she out.

Tzuyu doesn’t remember when she got to the nurses office, but Momo’s voice was waking her up and she finds herself lying on one of the makeshift hospital beds.

“Tzuyu….Are you awake” Tzuyu faintly heard

“No”

“Oh, okay”

Was she being serious?

“Momo, I’m awake” she winces out a laugh “How long was I out”

“It’s nearly second period”

“Two whole hours, wow” She sits up on the bed, she can still feel her face is burning from the impact. She sees Chaeyoung next to Momo “Hey Chae”

Chaeyoung waves, then points to her nose

“You’re nose? What about it”

She shakes her head and points to Tzuyu

“My nose? What’s on it?”

Momo hands her phone over and puts on the front camera, a plaster is on the tall girls face across her nose and her white t shirt is covered in blood. It looked like some type of pattern of pain.

Tzuyu sighs “How very”

Suddenly the door bursts open and Jihyo is there dragging a scruffy looking Jeongyeon by her ear. Jihyo sets down the older girl on a chair and starts putting rubbing alcohol on her wounds. Jeongyeon is whining and wincing in pain as Jihyo is telling her off like a mother.

“What have I told you about fighting the football team?”

“Not to” she says in a defeated tone, then she perks up again “but I had a reason this time I promise”

Jihyo glares at her “You could have gotten hurt”

“But did I? You should be asking the football s if they’re okay, drag them to the nurse’s office not me”

Jihyo’s eyebrow twitches and she dabs on a cut harder

“Ow! You did that on purpose”

Another laugh is heard from the door “She sure did freak”

“Nayeon, shouldn’t you be in class” Jihyo raises a brow, she’s too old for this.

“Yeah but I wanted to see what my brother did to Mike Tyson over here”

Jeongyeon snorts which makes Nayeon angry

“What’s so funny?”

“You should be checking on your brother JB, or should I say J . He looks so bad, you two could finally pass as twins” Jeongyeon holds eye contact with Nayeon.

It’s no secret the two hate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter