The Real You

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Erm. Hi. How are you, doing good , drinking water, staying healthy, that's good. Let me explain myself hold on now don't get mad. Let's just say I completely underestimated the amount of homework that was gonna get volleyball spiked on my head during the first two weeks of school and I can only update this once every two weeks because I am SWAMPED, I have a lot of work to do, probably screaming internally as you read this but thank you for being patient I'll try to be more organised next time and I hope you enjoy it :))

----------------

Tzuyu looks up at the sign, Sana had brought Tzuyu to the aquarium, and she couldn’t help but smile at her excited expression. She doesn’t want to be too premature, but everything has fallen into place so beautifully so far she can’t help but think of all the other places the pair are going to go in the future, this was just one of many in Tzuyu’s mind.

“You know” she says “I never took you for a fish girl”

There’s a slight pain in Tzuyu’s hand as Sana grips it tighter

“Um”

“A fish girl?” Is all Sana says, not impressed

Tzuyu knows she should probably say something better to redeem herself, but she can’t help but tease the other girl.

“Yeah….You like fish, and you’re a girl, so you’re a fish girl”

Sana laughs hard, ripping her hand away and shoves as Tzuyu hard as she could, which wasn’t very hard at all as the girl had barely moved an inch.

“Was that a push?”

“Shush, not everyone is built like a boulder”

Tzuyu snorts a little “Yeah, because you’re a fish girl”

A playful glare is paired with a hit on the shoulder, it didn’t hurt but Tzuyu pretended to hold onto it so it looked like it, Sana obviously seeing through the terrible act.

“” she folds her arms “And fish girl, seriously? That does not sound cute at all, like half fish half girl”

Tzuyu raises a playful brow

“Isn’t that just a mermaid?”

“Yeah I guess so… But it’s still not cute! Mermaid sounds cute, fish girl does not”

“But it’s the same thing”

“No it’s not, a fish girl is ugly, an ugly mermaid”

Tzuyu chuckles “So like, the top half of you is a fish instead of the bottom? That’s pretty ugly”

Sana rolls her eyes, dragging Tzuyu through the entrance

“I’m not discussing the anatomy of a fish girl, this is a silly debate”

“You started it”

“Me?” Sana gasps “Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was you who called me a fish girl”

Sana throws money at the unsuspecting cashier and gets two tickets, she still takes Tzuyu’s hand as they go back and forth in a playful banter

“Are you not gonna get the change”

“No”

“You just wanna see the fish don’t you”

Tzuyu grins at how Sana’s face heats up a little, a part of her heart jumped a bit when she sees Sana let her in, when Sana let’s Tzuyu in to see a different her, not scary school Sana, the real Sana – who’s playful and always ready for an adventure. Tzuyu likes the real Sana.

“Maybe, but don’t you call me a fish girl, meanie”

“I’m not mean, you just took it the wrong way”

“Is there a right way?”

Tzuyu points to a huge tank with some fish in there, grinning widely

“Of course, look how beautiful these fish are, don’t you want to be as pretty as these….” Tzuyu reads the information on the plaque “Tiger Barbs”

Sana rolls her eyes at the attempt of redemption, but she still takes in the sight of the animal before her, the colours were simple, nothing more than mixture of an orangey gold and black, but in that simplicity there was fascination – it was nice to see – and Tzuyu seemed to be in as much awe of the little creatures as she was.

“Well, they do look beautiful” Sana breathes out a laugh as she watches them move

“And as Sappho said, what is beautiful is good, and who is good will soon be beautiful.” Tzuyu says absently,

She’s tracing each of Sana’s delicate features with her eyes, enamoured by the girl before her. It almost goes unnoticed by Sana until she turns her head away from the tank and sees Tzuyu staring at her

“What?” she laughs out

Tzuyu puts her hand around the back of her neck

‘I am completely, utterly, and entirely besotted with you, I always have been’

“Nothing, just thinking about how much you want to be in the tank right now...” There’s a playful grin on her face as she adjusts her beanie hat “Fish girl just wants to jump in”

Sana whines and tries to land a hit on Tzuyu “I’m not a fish girl”

 Tzuyu dodges the hit and lightly taps Sana back smirking proudly

“Can’t get me”

Sana raises a brow, a playful smile of her own starting to form

“You’re not starting with me”

Tzuyu raises a brow in response

“And if I am Minatozaki?”

“Oh you’ll get yours, don’t worry”

“I’m not, because you can’t catch me”

“Huh? What do you--”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter