Best Dream or Worst Nightmare?

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu kisses her, and she kisses back.

They were locked in the heat of passion - their tongues fighting for dominance - just like Tzuyu imagined. She can’t help it when her name falls from her lips in a way one would call for a God, it was Tzuyu’s desperate call, it was Tzuyu begging for divine intervention.

“……Sana……”

Suddenly she gets pushed back into a wall that wasn’t there before, the brown haired girl pounces onto her, and Sana’s hot breath is teasing the shell of her ears.

“I’ll never love you Tzuyu” She giggled, she planted another kiss to her neck.

“You’re nothing to me”

The wall disappeared and now she was plummeting, falling into the void – she tried to grasp desperately at Sana, somehow hoping the girl would help her free herself from her inevitable demise.

She just watched her suffer, nothing new.

Tzuyu closed her eyes, and as she was falling faster and faster. Her eyes began tearing up, obscuring her ability to see, her skin was tightening, and she let out a silent scream as she dive-bombed to the ground.

All faded to black.

Chou Tzuyu wakes up facing her ceiling. Her eyes are wet, she always wakes up crying.

She sighs and gets up and comes out of her room, well, her house – she lived alone and worked two jobs to get a two room apartment in the worst area in town, and it wasn’t even two rooms – one was a bathroom so it didn’t really count.

She cleaned up and showered and walked back into her room, sometimes she’d examine it.

It wasn’t bad. She had a bed, well a mattress a pillow and sheets, all that she needed for a goodnight sleep, Momo gave her a little dog plushie too to ‘keep her company’ he was named Gucci. Chaeyoung gifted her a mini fridge that sat comfortably in the corner, she had ample amount of food – well she lived on water, protein shakes and sandwiches. It was healthy enough. She had a lot of clothes too, Jeongyeon gave her all her stuff that she didn’t wear anymore, bags and bags of hoodies sweatpants shoes, even the phone she has now was previously Jeongyeon’s. She was lucky to have good friends like the ones she has. But sometimes she wishes for more, to be more than what she is now.

“Beggars can’t be choosers” She reminds herself. Her daily mantra.  

Tzuyu decides it’s not a good idea to dwell and gets ready for school.

“Here we go” She said as she put on a hoodie, sweats, vans, and a beanie “First day of senior year”

-------------------

Tzuyu wasn’t a pro skater in any way, but it was a very effective way to travel, she saved up for 6 months and bought a skateboard the summer before sophomore year, she went everywhere with it.

It was just Tzuyu, her board, and her music. She was happy.

Tzuyu always had a pair of earphones stuck in her ears, blocking out noise by drowning herself in more noise. By cancelling them out she hears nothing. Right now she was listening to ‘Set it Off – Nightmare’

 ‘Wait! Something doesn’t feel right. No, something seems wrong. And I’ve been feeling this way, for far too long. As my vision gets blurred, my skin’s getting colder – appearing young, while I’m growing older. I collapse to the floor and scream “Can anybody save me from myself?” ‘

She wouldn’t say her music taste was popular, it caused her to be labelled the emo kid (how original) when she accidently played Three Days Grace in the middle of homeroom – she forgot to put her earphones in and the rest was history.

So as she pulled up to JYP high school she didn’t expect anything less than the onslaught of insults of her peers. In fact, she’d be a little worried if they didn’t say anything about her. Though they could have given her a one day grace period.

Clearly Jackson Wang and Im Jaebum aka JB didn’t get the memo. They were always there to ruin Tzuyu’s day because they were on the football team. It gave them some type of unspoken privilege that Tzuyu would never understand.

‘Is it just protocol to be bullies if you’re popular?’ She thought.

JB pushes her on purpose “Emo !” he cries as he rips out her earphones.

No response, Tzuyu rolls up her earphones and shoves them into her pocket

“Hey edge-lord you didn’t cut yourself over summer break did you?” Jackson smacked her backpack

No response again, though she couldn’t hide the eyebrow twitch.

“Be careful man, don’t you see E-Tzu getting mad?”

 Tzuyu guesses that JB took about 3 weeks to think of that one. ‘E-Tzu, how stupid’

“You don’t want her to whack you with her skateboard do you?” JB teased out, almost challenging Tzuyu, she would have done it too but she needs to have a good record to go to college.

“Say something then emo” Jackson said as if he was trying to coax an animal out of a cage.

After a few moments of Tzuyu not responding JB groaned “Ugh, this isn’t fun, let’s go”

Tzuyu has had to deal with this for almost her whole school life, and she was thankful she only had a year left of these s before she went to college, her grades were good enough for her to get into a good school across town, she was going to make a better life for herself and away from these losers.

She shoved her skateboard in her locker in anger.

“Damn they really won’t give us a break will they?” a voice called out next to her

Tzuyu sighed and turned to the voice “No Momo, they’re going full hunger games on us”

Hirai Momo was a nerd, very kind, innocent, and unsuspecting. An obvious target. She had a cute little bob, thick rim glasses and even though the students weren’t required to wear uniform – she always had on a polo shirt and checked skirt with knee high socks and flat Mary-Janes. She was smart, and very good at dancing – she wouldn’t join the dance team though.

‘It’s too dangerous’ were her exact words ‘they’d run me out’

“May the odds be ever in our favour then” the black haired girl laughed d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter