A True First Name Basis

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey, it's me. I hope you're doing okay, drinking water, eating right getting sleep.

Sorry for the wait again, but it's here it's done, and I hope you like it.

Until next time :))

----------------------

It’s Sunday evening and Tzuyu is talking to Mina.

Tzuyu didn’t have a console, so she played shooting games on her phone, Mina conveniently also had these games, so they were playing together and talking on the mic.

“So you want me, to ask Chaeyoung, if she thinks you’re a good person. Myoui, wouldn’t that let the cat out of the bag” She says as she takes out an enemy

“I mean yeah but I need to see what I’m up against here Chou” Mina gets a headshot

Tzuyu revives another subpar teammate as she speaks again “Why don’t you try asking her, don’t we all have gym class together tomorrow?”

The 9 girls did share gym, it was the only class all of them had together. It would be the first lesson of the year – in previous years none of Tzuyu’s friends would dare to go anywhere near the other kids, and don’t even get them started on dodgeball. It’s enough to bring a grown man to tears.

Mina hums “Sure sure, by the way… Dahyun seems to like you a lot”

“Dahyun? Kim Dahyun? In our class?” Tzuyu furrows her brows as yet again, another one of her teammates dies.

“No, Chou Dahyun….” Mina doesn’t even wait for a response “Of course Kim Dahyun, how many other Dahyun’s do you know?”

“Okay okay, I get it. Dumb question”

“Very dumb question, anyway, she won’t shut up about you which is unusual for her, and I’m close to blocking her on every social media to ever exist - so do something about it”

Tzuyu kills another enemy “Me? What am I meant to do about it? Will she bother me if I don’t do anything?”

“Oh yeah, big time”

“Well why can’t you keep her away from me, isn’t she your friend”

She hears Mina hum, but in a way that says ‘Yeah no, give me what I want first’

“I mean I could, but you owe me a favour, one that I’ve already asked for”

The game is over and after trying their hardest to carry the whole squad Tzuyu and Mina’s team lost, Tzuyu can hear Mina cursing as the big ‘YOU LOSE’ is flashing on the screen.

“You know what fine, I’ll ask before gym class, you can make your move then, and maybe you could get over your Jeongphobia at the same time”

“My what? You know what don’t answer that, I’m going to bed”

“See you at school, please keep her away from me”

“I’ll try”

Both girls log out and close the game, Tzuyu flops onto her mattress, there was something she could not get out of her head, no matter how hard she tried.

‘So thanks…T-Tzuyu’

She’s still a little dazed from yesterday, the way her name fell from Sana’s lips. Tzuyu liked it – no – she loved it, and she wonders if Sana will start calling her by her first name permanently. Maybe when they actually did work together.

Admittedly, Tzuyu had already finished the project, she had all the content needed and put it all into a power point. She knew the teacher only said a month because kids like to slack off, but it was fine for her, because she could use this time to have an excuse to be around Sana, this was a chance that Tzuyu knew she had to take.

‘You have one shot Tzu, let’s hope you don’t it up’

------------------------

When Sana gets into school that Monday everything seems normal, Jihyo is already telling off freshmen for running the halls, Nayeon is waiting for Jeongyeon, making it her mission to start an argument at 8 in the morning. Dahyun is talking animatedly to Mina as she’s sipping on her iced coffee watching it all happen, completely unbothered.

Sana was hoping to get a few more minutes of peace and quiet, but it seems like today’s episode of high school smackdown had already started

“Nayeon, just leave Chaeyoung alone, it’s too ing early”

“I’m telling you she was looking at me funny! Tell your minion to watch her tone”

“Oh my God, leave us alone you ”

“She did it again! And did you just call me a you ”

“Yes I did, do something about it”

The screaming match continues and it’s drawing quite the crowd of people. Sana however, goes back outside to get some fresh air, and some quiet time.

Sana was thinking about that Saturday, mostly at how she had called Tzuyu by her first name, she had gone home and said it many many times, relishing in the way it slipped off her tongue so easily. It was no secret that Sana had definitely warmed up to the girl, but she didn’t want to over step her boundaries, this arrangement was only meant to last for so long.

As Sana is thinking she’s standing under a tree and the rustling is way too common for it to be the wind, Sana looks up to find a familiar looking face staring back at her, one Miss Chou Tzuyu.

‘Speak of the emo and she shall appear’

“Hi”

“What the hell are you doing in a tree?”

Tzuyu chuckles from her branch “Good morning to you too Sana”

“That doesn’t answer my question, why are you in a tree?

The taller girl shrugs “I like to chill before class starts”

Sana raises a brow “In a tree?”

“I mean, yeah…” Tzuyu tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter