I Know a Spot

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yo, it's me, here's another update, I hope you're drinking water staying healthy and eating right.

I kept this chapter light, it's more a happy sub plot development than anything, next chapter is more feels-y if that's the word lol I don't wanna spoil it

I hope you enjoy this whilst I'm asleep. I enjoy late night writing but it's half 12 and my teenage body needs to rest so if there's grammar issues I apologise right here and now.

Until next time enjoy :))

 

--------------------------

After the whole fire alarm incident the school was closed the following day to make sure that all the alarms were working properly, and Tzuyu of course was not going to complain – she expected to spend this free day in bed or being with her friends, but it all went downhill when Mina called her, a new plan conjuring in her head.

“Myoui where exactly do you want to go?”

“I know a spot”

Tzuyu pinches the bridge of her nose “You say ‘I know a spot’ and then take me to a tree”

 There’s a pause. Then the realisation hits.

“Goddammit Myoui--”

“But it’s a nice tree, and you like sitting in trees too”

Tzuyu laughs a bit, yes she does like perching herself on a tree, it’s calming, and clearly there was something more important Mina wanted to talk about, so she throws some clothes onto her mattress.

“The park right? I’ll be there in 10” 

-------------------------

To be honest it was a nice tree, and the view was even nicer, but the smug looks on Mina’s face was mocking, and Tzuyu knew the exact words that would be leaving .

“I told you”

Though she was supposed to be a little mad Tzuyu couldn’t help but chuckle at the pride in Mina’s voice.

Tzuyu leans on the tree trunk as her feet are stacked on the branch “Yeah yeah, I know, don’t put salt in my wounds – you obviously brought me here for a reason, what did you want to talk about?”

“Well it’s not so much talk, it’s more so action, in about 5 minutes Hirai is going to bring the rest of your friends over to that grassy area to play soccer”

She points over to a big field

“You are going to join them and I so happen to be walking in this area”

Tzuyu nods as every word leaves Mina’s mouth

“Then you’re going to kick the ball in my face”

“I’m gonna kick the ball in your—I’m gonna what? Myoui have you lost your damn mi--” Tzuyu feels a finger against her lips

“I’m not finished – and when you do that you all will feel bad for me and let me interact with your group because you guys are way too nice and scared of my power to be mean about it”

Tzuyu interrupts again “You seem to know an awful lot about us”

“I-” Mina clears “I’ve done my research”

“So, stalking”

“I prefer the term intense investigation methods”

The taller girl adjusts her beanie

“Stalking”

“We’re not arguing about this now”

“Well can we argue about how extremely dumb this plan is?”

Mina rolls her eyes “No, stop it or I’ll steal your hat”

Tzuyu laughs again “You want it? It’s new, I’ll let you borrow it if you want”

“Really? Pass it over”

With a playful eye roll and a light warning to give it back Tzuyu tosses the beanie over and Mina puts it on, twisting and turning it to make it look nice.

There’s a few moments of silence then the air is filled with giggles, it’s funny how they could argue and then co-operate in a matter of seconds.

“Anyway, you seem to have this stupid scheme all planned out, what was stopping you from doing it before?”

Mina gathers her handbag, one that doesn’t match the hat on her head but she now refuses to take it off. She had brought it to make it look like she was actually going somewhere instead of going through this overcomplicated plan was going to give her a headache, literally.

“I realised I actually had to execute my plan for it to work” she jumps down

Another chuckle slips past Tzuyu’s lips, she’s about to say something else but when she looks back down Mina is already gone, she looks around, and the girl had completely disappeared.

Her phone buzzes and she checks the message just sent to her.

[Mina Parker]: Spidey senses

“”

As she’s typing furiously to respond to the snarky nature of Mina, a soccer ball gets thrown at her head.

“Hey Tzuyu, why so serious” Jeongyeon’s voice is laced in amusement “And what did I say about climbing trees”

Tzuyu breathes out a laugh as she jumps down, pushing Jeongyeon playfully

“You just worry too much Jeong, I think you’re spending too much time with Jihyo” she grabs the soccer ball at her feet and lets Jeongyeon walk head to Chaeyoung and Momo.

“Yeah yeah whatever, I’ll make sure to be there to catch you when you drop and then you’ll be like ‘Oh my Jeongyeon you were right the whole time’ just like that” she put on a high pitched voice, mocking the tall girl.

Tzuyu laughs, then throws the ball at the back of Jeongyeon’s head, a little bit of vengeance for earlier. She stops and picks up the ball

“You are gonna get it”

Just as a full blown war was going to start up Momo jumps onto Jeongyeon’s back, she drops the ball just to catch her

“Jeong! We came here for a reason, gosh you two – come on Chaeng’s waiting, look at her face” Momo points at Chaeyoung, who is really just questioning the sanity of her friends.

Jeongyeon glares playfully at Tzuyu, a crooked grin resting on her face “I’ll be back for you”

Tzuyu just sticks out her tongue, knowing the other can’t do anything but return the gesture, picking up the ball to start playing with Chaeyoung, and wondering when Mina will show up.

‘This plan is ludicrous, but what’s the worst that can happen’

As she speaks to herself, Mina is walking along the path all dignified and looking like she has somewhere to be, she gives one last look at Tzuyu before looking ahead.

‘Well here goes nothing’

Tzuyu blasts the ball with as little force as she could muster, it looks like it’s going to hurt on impact but it shouldn’t – at least that’s what she thought until Mina drops onto the grass face first.

Tzuyu looks at Chaeyoung, who looks at Momo, who looks at Jeongyeon, who is about 3 seconds away from having a mental breakdown.

“Tzuyu” she says in a calm tone “Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s Myoui Mina on the grass, right?”

“Right”

“Tzuyu…What happened”

“…My foot slipped…”

“HOW CAN--” Jeongyeon takes a deep breath “We should check on her”

The four scramble to Mina and turn her around, she’s still breathing and Momo pokes her with a stick to see if she’ll respond, when she twitches slightly Jeongyeon goes into hysterics

“Oh my God! We just assaulted Myoui Mina! We’re gonna get arrested, sued, sentenced to life in prison, do I look like I’ll survive in jail!”

 Chaeyoung gives her a once over “Yes”

“Not helping”

Momo nudges Chaeyoung

“Hey Chaeyoung, doesn’t she look pretty”

Tzuyu rolls her eyes “She looks unconscious”

She couldn’t believe Momo was doing this whilst Mina was out, she gives her props for trying though.

Jeongyeon waves off all o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter