I Did Something

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana’s eye’s flutter open when the slight streak of sunlight entered her room. She takes her arm and stretches over to the bedside table in order to get her phone. Sana checks the time, it was 10 am.

‘Around 5 hours, not too bad’

She places the phone back onto the little table and contemplates getting out of her bed, she shifts slightly only to get pulled back by a pair of arms.

“Stop squirming Gucci, ‘m tired” the low sleepy voice of Tzuyu says “stuffed toys don’t squirm”

 Her eyes were still closed, does she sleep talk?

“Tzuyu” Sana says once “Tzuyu” once more

No response, she was still out. Now this wouldn’t be an issue if Sana was able to get up and eat breakfast, but she was attached to Tzuyu, her strong arms holding Sana firmly against her chest.

‘This is nice, but I’m hungry, this is really nice, but I’m also really hungry’

She looks up slightly to look at Tzuyu, still sleeping. She marvelled at how calm she looks, the way the sun highlighted the delicate purple veins on her eyelids that would be invisible otherwise, the way that she seemed so desperate to have something to cling onto.

‘Dammit Sana, this just go a whole lot nicer’

Clearly losing the debate with herself, Sana decides to close her eyes for a little while longer, she doesn’t know how long it had been but she’s waken up with a gentle tremble.

“Ugh, what time is it” Tzuyu is finally awake, Sana can feel movement on the other side of the bed. “Oh no it’s 11:30”

Sana can feel Tzuyu’s hand carefully land on her shoulder, a couple of soft shakes to go along with it, it makes Sana’s heart pound ruthlessly against her chest.

“Sana, you awake, we can still make it to our last class before lunch”

For the sake of her sanity and the fact all her bodily functions will stop at the close proximity – Sana decides to fake sleep. Continuing to keep her eyes closed and breathing steady, she can hear Tzuyu laugh a little and sigh

“Figures”

The weight of the bed gets a little lighter, and Sana can hear the calm steps turn into a panicked pitter patter on her floor, like Tzuyu had just realised something, she mumbling to herself as she grabs her clothes and bags.

“, I gotta get home”

The door to her room opens and she can feel the gaze on her.

“Erm, you’re probably still asleep but thanks for having me over, you can keep my guitar safe until I come back for it” Tzuyu says

The door doesn’t close yet, the weight of the bed gets heavier again and Sana feels a pair of delicate lips against her cheek.

“Sweet dreams Sana” it tingles against the shell of Sana’s ear

Her door closes soon after and Sana shoots up, she places her hand onto her cheek and she feels it burning against the soft surface. She waits until she hears the front door close and then scrambles for her phone, she knew exactly who she needed right now.

“JIHYO” she screams into the phone

“Sana, not so loud, I can hear you, why aren’t you at school”

“I’m sick”

“Liar”

Sana ignores that “Jihyo I think I did something”

There’s a sigh at the other end “I’m not gonna lie, you do a lot of things – but what did you do this time?”

“So I think I’ve caught feelings for someone--”

“Don’t move – I’m on my way”

-----------------------------

By the time Tzuyu slips into her algebra class it’s around 12, she was able to somehow go to her own house and get to school in around half an hour - she was right on time, in fact she was a little early the teacher wasn’t here and only a few of her peers were there.

Tzuyu’s starts to daydream in her designated seat at the back – her mind wandering to memories about last night, well, early this morning. The continuous thoughts of how soft Sana’s lips felt against her own, the fact that there was nervousness behind the movement but a pure adrenaline rush to go along with it. All in all it was perfect.

Tzuyu subconsciously presses a finger against her lips, her cheeks start heating up, and she was enjoying a moment of bliss.

Then the door burst opens and Nayeon is coming through, angrily venting to Mina, who looked like she wasn’t even listening as she tapped her phone, probably playing a game or something. The two sit down closer to the front.

“And then she brushed me off – who does Yoo Jeongyeon think she is?”

“I don’t know Nayeon”

“Exactly! How--”

“Erm, Nayeon” One of Tzuyu’s classmates interjects “Could you quiet dow--”

“Shut up 3, a 10 is speaking” Nayeon glares “I’m going to get JB”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea Nay…”

“You say this all the time, but has it ever worked”

Mina’s eyes are still glued to her phone “Not really, but for ethical reasons I still say it”

The class starts soon after and it’s boring for the most part – it only gets a little interesting when Tzuyu’s phone vibrates in her pocket.

[Mina Parker]: Chou, I’m bored

[Chou D]: I figured that much

[Mina Parker]: You’re just a never ending river of smarts aren’t you?

[Chou D]: Is that a compliment, or sarcasm?

[Mina Parker]: You’ll never know

[Chou D]: Yeah, I’ll also never know when you’ll give me back my hat

[Mina Parker]: Never

[Chou D]: Whatever, I need to tell you something

[Mina Parker]: Meet me at the tree

[Mina Parker]: And give me that hoodie you promised

“You know Myoui” Tzuyu leans back on the trunk as she takes a bite of her bread roll “This tree has probably heard a couple of our d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter