This Dating Thing

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yo whats good my beautiful people, you guys doing okay, drinking water staying healthy, eating well? I hope so :))

It's me, i'm alive. I just had a real bad week I was depressed and felt like sh*t and I didn't want it to affect my writing so I held off, I mean this is our fluff fest right lol bad vibes are not allowed. But I'm better now and I'm posting this. I think someone said they were expecting angst last chapter and I was like ME? ANGST? I fully believe I'm incapable of angsting being angsty I cannot angsteth I'm just a soft person in general.

I'm rambling now, here's the newst one lol enjoy :))

------------

 

“You seem to be in a good mood today Miss” Ara smiles a little as she prepares Sana’s breakfast on late Saturday morning.

“Do I?” Sana’s playing with her dog Zeus, a big grin plastered onto her face.

Ara hums “Indeed Miss Sana, you also spent a significant amount of time putting on some clothes today, are you going anywhere special”

Though Sana could be harsh at times, well most of the time – Ara valued the girl immensely – she viewed herself as a sort of older sister to Sana, and she could clearly see that something was making her happy.

“Or to rephrase the question Miss Sana – are you going with anyone special” Ara teases as she does the eggs

“I…I-I, Well I…I’m going…” Sana sputters then hides her head into Zeus’s body “Be quiet, I’ll fire you, I can do that”

“You can” she puts the plate of food on the table behind the kitchen counter “But I’m sure you wouldn’t, you are a very sweet girl. If you don’t want to talk about it, I’ll be doing laundry”

Ara gets up to go but Sana stops her

“No, no sit, I-I want to talk about it”

Ara sits across from Sana with a big smile on her face, it just makes Sana more embarrassed

“Stop smiling so much, this is so – okay I’m…”

“Yes Miss Sana”

“I’m going out, like out out, like on…on a date” she mumbles that last part but it still makes the maid squeal in excitement

“Oh how lovely Miss Sana! And who is the charming suitor that has gained your interest?” she leans in a little closer, hands underneath her chin.

“It’s um, you know Chou? Chou Tzuyu, tall, edgy type, always has a beanie on her head, comes around to do work, fell into the pool…”

“Ah yes, I’m quite familiar with Miss Tzuyu, very kind, very helpful, and a very charming girl indeed” Ara smiles at Sana’s sheepish grin

“I-I guess so, yeah” Sana checks her phone “She’s nearly here”

“Do I need to bring the car around, where are you going?” Ara starts cleaning up the counter

Sana skitters around her house, her dog following her every step, she’s picking up little things like some lip gloss, chewing gum and some vans to wear as she responds

“No need, we’re walking”

“Walking? To where”

“I don’t know, she refused to tell me anything, it’s a surprise is all she said”

The maid claps her hands animatedly

“How exciting Miss Sana, you know you must treasure these moments, they’ll be the most important”

Sana grumbles as she puts on her shoes “Yeah, okay”

There’s a couple of knocks on the door and Sana is quick to answer, Tzuyu was dressed a little differently from a typical hoodie and sweats, she was wearing a tank top and blue ripped skinny jeans with some vans. The only thing that remained was a beanie planted firmly on her head and a backpack strapped to her shoulders.

“Hi” she blushes as her smile reaches her ears

“Hello” Sana is just as shy

“I’ve um…I’ve brought you some things” Tzuyu takes her backpack off of her shoulder and starts rummaging though it makes Sana panic a little instantly

“O-oh no you didn’t have to I mean it’s nice and all but it’s unneces--”

A packet of dog treats is in her face

“It’s for your dog”

Tzuyu smiles, it seems like she wasn’t even listening to Sana’s ramble, and Zeus had made his way to the door to look at the visitor. He barks a little when Tzuyu looks down

“Yes you, it seems you remember me – you thought it was funny tossing my in a pool huh”

The shiba inu barks more

“Of course, but I’m not here to throw you in the pool, look, it’s my peace offering” Tzuyu crouches and shakes the treats, beckoning him over, he takes the treat packet into his mouth and runs away.

Sana watches the interaction as it melts her heart

“And this is for Miss Song” she takes out a box of chocolates, at the mention of her name Ara comes over and is delighted at the scene.

“How sweet of you Miss Tzuyu, I should put these in the cupboard. You know Miss Sana was quite excited for your outing today”

“Really?” she quirks a brow

Ara smiles brightly “Oh yes, she spent quite a while finding some clothes, I’ve never seen the girl so conflicted about an outfit”

Sana feels mortified, especially when Tzuyu begins to scan her up and down at the mention of the effort she put in for today, the feeling only changes when Tzuyu grins sheepishly, a light blush on her face.

“You look amazing Sana”

“Thank you” her face is red, her cheeks are burning

The maid chuckles, patting Tzuyu on her back “Lovely as always Miss Tzuyu, you are so sweet”

Tzuyu laughs and takes out a couple more things “Of course I saved the best for last, these are for you Sana” she takes out a packet of corn nuts and a single red rose

Sana takes the gifts with a gracious smile “You didn’t have to”

“I know” she adjusts her beanie “But I did it anyway” she chuckles, mostly to herself

There’s a moment of silence until Ara takes the gifts from Sana’s hands and ushers the pair out the door

“You two mustn’t stand here, go live your teenage lives, the day only lasts for so long” she giggles “When should I be expecting Miss Sana to return”

“Um, maybe a few hours or so…”

“Perfect! Have fun Miss Sana, you’ll call if you need the car I’m sure, buh-bye now”

The maid closes the door, leaving Sana and Tzuyu alone

“Miss Song is very enthusiastic” Tzuyu laughs as her hands are stuffed into her pockets

Sana twirls her hair as she sighs and she breathes out a laugh “She gets like that sometimes”

“It’s good to have someone like that though”

“I guess so…” Sana hums “Where are you taking me by the way?”

Tzuyu giggles “It’s a surprise, but I’ll tell you this”

“What is it?”

“I’m taking you to work with me”

--------------------

‘Work…’

Sana despite being the most popular and sought after girl at school had always turned down people left and right. She was told the most satisfying part of the hunt is the chase and held that notion throughout school, this meant however that she didn’t really know the ins and outs of dating.

She was quite sure that places don’t have a ‘take your date to work day’ though. But for some reason she didn’t seem to mind, if it were anyone else Sana would be throwing a fit on the effort she had put in to look good, but she had learnt that Chou Tzuyu was full of surprises, so honestly didn’t know what to expect.

Sana was quite confused at the statement originally but when she turned a corner and saw the dog shelter a short distance away it all became clear.

“I work here remember? I’m looking after the puppies today so I thought I should bring you here” Tzuyu rubs her arm nervously

“We’re going to spend the day with puppies?”

The way Sana’s eyes light up makes Tzuyu feel some type of way, it was like the brightest stars had been put in those deep brown orbs, she was so happy.

“I have more in mind but until my shift is over yes we are”

Sana squeals in excitement and grabs Tzuyu’s hand, dragging her to the entrance

“Hey hey hey Sana! you’re gonna rip my arm off if you go any faster”

“Now you know how it feels to get dragged away at speed”

“For the record, I carried you, not dragged”

“Same thing”

They reach the entrance.

“Is not” Tzuyu rol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter