Aftermath

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Tzuyu meets up with Chaeyoung at lunch her mind is racing. She was going to do it, she was going to ask Sana on a date. But…but what should she do? What should she say? She seemed so calm on the phone but in reality she was terrified. 

“Chaeyoung” she says as the other was biting into her mediocre school food

Chaeyoung looks up with mild interest.

Tzuyu puts a hand around her neck “So I… I was watching this… Reality show…”

Tzuyu knows Chaeyoung wouldn’t ask about reality shows, and watches as she rolls her eyes but tilts her head to get Tzuyu to continue speaking.

“And all these people…. live in a house. They have to try and find their…their, um, perfect match – the host puts them through a test and they have a scientifically researched perfect match”

Chaeyoung nods slowly, furrowing her brows to tell Tzuyu how stupid that sounds

“But the house is a little divided, people are always fighting and they’ve kind of split, dragging whoever they can with them – and two people from the opposing sides they…they like each other”

Chaeyoung pretends to gag, expressing her distaste for the show

“Oh come on Chaeng – okay so these two they like each other, well one of them does for sure –  I think they should confess already, they’re just scared of being rejected – but that’s dumb because they’ve kissed – they’re just scared of what everyone in the house is going to say, well one of them is…”

Chaeyoung takes out her notebook and starts writing furiously, when she’s done she holds it up to Tzuyu

‘I don’t care for romance that much, but they should confess. If they’re really happy with each other they should try it out, isn’t that the point of the show? Who cares about everyone else?’

Tzuyu’s small smile turns into a big grin

“You’re 100% right Chae, I knew I could count on you, you always know what to say”

Chaeyoung raises a brow then shakes her head, deciding not to ask and continues to eat

“And what do you mean you don’t care for romance? Not even a little bit”

Tzuyu watches Chaeyoung shake her head a little, she takes her notebook and writes again

‘No point, I’m sure people like to listen to their significant other speak’

There’s a hint of sadness in Chaeyoung’s eyes, Tzuyu puts the notebook on the table and shakes her head.

“Chaeng you should be more optimistic, there’s someone out there for you – trust me”

Before Chaeyoung can respond Tzuyu feels a pair of hands cover her eyes

“Guess who” Momo giggles

“I don’t know – let me think… Clairo”

Momo releases her hands “You wish, it’s me you dummy”

Tzuyu turns around to look at her friend and stops in her tracks

“Who the hell are you?”

“Momo”

“What are you wearing?”

“Um, clothes, you like?”

Momo wasn’t in her usual school uniform type of outfit, she was actually in normal clothes, now for sure Tzuyu had seen Momo in normal clothes before, it was just a shock to see her wear some at school. It was modest, nothing more than a t shirt and skinny jeans, but it was nice.

“Yeah, I like, you look good” Tzuyu shoots Momo a thumbs up, Chaeyoung does the same

Another pair of hands join the conversation, this time covering Momo’s eyes.

“Jeong, what are you doing?”

Jeongyeon lets go with a huff and a little pout “I didn’t even get to say guess who” Jeongyeon pushes Momo a little and sits down “You’ve ruined it now”

Momo rolls her eyes and sits as well “You’re such a child”

“I am not” Jeongyeon folds her arms and looks away “But that kind of hurted me though Momo”

“I hate you so much” Momo says as she leans on her shoulder.

“No you don’t – you love me because I’m your best friend”

The older girl grins and plays with Momo’s bangs, which causes Momo to whine in protest but she doesn’t really do anything to move, her face a flushed red.

Tzuyu chuckles a little as Chaeyoung pretends to gag again, everything was as it should be. But something felt off, Tzuyu couldn’t shake the feeling that they were being watched…

“Watch where you’re going creep!” Nayeon shouts, she’s even angrier than usual.

There’s a crash and it causes all four girls to look up to find the cause. It was Nayeon, some guy, and two forgotten lunch trays on the floor

“But…but you weren’t looki--”

“I was what”

“N-nothing”

“That’s exactly what I thought”

Seeing that it was nothing out the ordinary Chaeyoung Momo and Jeongyeon go back to eating and talking calmly, Momo’s head back on Jeongyeon’s shoulder.

Tzuyu decided to see if the guy was going to say something. He doesn’t, he walks away incredibly embarrassed, Tzuyu allows herself to follow him to the door with her eyes – she didn’t expect Nayeon to be glaring in the direction of their table when she looks back.

There was something in her eyes, irritation, animosity, pure hatred, maybe a little spite if you asked Tzuyu. But mostly murderous intent.

“Hey Tzuyu” Jeongyeon chuckles

She snaps her head back at the mention of her name

“How does Momo look with no bangs, Chaeyoung thinks it looks cool, adds to the new look”

Momo whinges and tries to move Jeongyeon’s hands “Jeongyeon leave me alone”

She doesn’t leave her alone.

“Then get off my shoulder”

“No”

The doors slam open startling all of them again, a few seconds later monstrous screech was heard from the hallw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter