Skater Girl Baptism

SET IT OFF: A SaTzu Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It's me again, risen from the depths, I'm sorry I took a mini break just to clear my head

I hope you all are okay doing well and ready for a continuation of the slowest slow burn of your life lol

I hope you enjoy :))

-----------------------------

Sana and Tzuyu had left around 10 minutes ago, and Tzuyu was strolling around thinking.

“So you were being serious when you said you had no idea where the hell you were going?”

“Yup”

Sana rolls her eyes, she almost wanted a thrill ride like last time – at least they had a plan then. She glances at the taller girl every so often, it’s like she’s desperate to think of somewhere interesting to go, she nose scrunched up and eyes closed.

‘She looks like a little kid, how oddly endearing’

Tzuyu’s eyes brighten as she opens them and Sana can see the lightbulb moment.

“I know where to go, it’s like right around the corner” Tzuyu grabs onto Sana’s wrist “They have good iced coffee”

Sana finds it a bit offensive that Tzuyu feels like she can swayed by something as trivial as iced coffee, it’s even more offensive to Sana because she’s 100% right, Sana loves a good iced coffee.

‘Who doesn’t?’

“Fine”

Tzuyu grins and leads her round the corner, Sana noted that her hand hadn’t left her wrist, which is a little awkward because she looks like a little kid being dragged around by a parent – it would look better if she held her hand.

‘Or didn’t hold me at all, that’s still an option’

Before Sana could fully engage in an internal argument she’s faced with an external dilemma. Of course Chou Tzuyu can’t go anywhere without there being some type of obstacle course to complete first. There was another fence to climb and then a small hop onto a large wheelie bin before a final jump onto the floor.

“You’re ing joking”

Tzuyu hops onto the fence “Come on it’s fun”

Sana watches as she descends onto the wheelie bin with ease and holds out her arms.

“I’ll catch you Sana”

Now Sana had her small thrill ride and she hated it, but the way Tzuyu’s eyes and smile looked so genuine Sana felt like she could be jumping off a cliff and the other girl would be determined to catch her. So she climbs the fence and swings her legs over.

“You’re going to catch me?”

“I mean, do you want me to? Cuz I can go” The taller girl starts to lower her arms

“Tzuyu!”

“Okay, okay” Tzuyu chuckles, obviously proud of her own joke and lifts her arms up higher “Sana, I will catch you – I promise”

Sana closes her eyes and takes the leap, of course falling into Tzuyu’s arms, meeting the gaze of the emo girl who grins sheepishly. She takes one of Sana’s arms and wraps it around her neck

“Hold on, I’m gonna jump”

Her grip instantly tightens as she feels the wind rush up as the two jumped down soflty, Tzuyu sets Sana down and holds out her arms proudly.

“Here we are”

“The skatepark, you made me jump for the skatepark”

It was a typical run of the mill skateboard park, rails and boxes and mini ramps galore. Sana had to question if this place really had iced coffee, and if they did was it even good. It probably tastes like metal and pain. The worst part was there was a whole gate they could have walked through not even 2 feet away.

‘I’ve been tricked, duked, fooled, bamboozled, all for a skatepark – well done Sana’

Tzuyu walks up to a little building there, a little shack, and opens the door - she motions for Sana to come too.

“Uncle Chong? You there?” she calls happily.

“I’m round the back Tzu!” A deeper voice calls from God knows where, but it’s enough to make Tzuyu hop over the desk and go behind some grass curtains.

Sana follows in a less impressive manner, actually going around the counter and through the fake grass. She didn’t exactly know what to expect when she went through, but a middle aged man riding a skateboard on a ramp like he’s 20, Sana was not expecting that.

Tzuyu is leaning on the wall and shouting praises until the man hops off and approaches the two. He stands upright and Tzuyu does the same, he has a bit of a height advantage on her and the two are staring into each other’s soul for what seems like ages until the older man embraces Tzuyu into a bone crushing hug.

“Kiddo! You need to come back more often, I haven’t seen you in years!” Mr Chong ruffles Tzuyu’s hair with a deep chuckle and makes her beanie fall off.

“Two weeks isn’t years Uncle it’s the start of school I have work now, and watch the beanie bro it’s precious” she picks it up and puts it back on her head

The other man laughs and pats the girl on her back “I leave you to run free for two weeks and you’re skipping school with friends, just like me in my younger days”

Tzuyu shakes her head as she chuckles “You were young? When?” She feels her beanie get snatched again, and then feels the impact of it on the back of her head.

“Hey! What was that for you old man?”

“I’m not that old you little booger, and aren’t you going to introduce me instead of being rude, I didn’t raise you like this”

Tzuyu sighs and takes her beanie back, adjusting it on her head before she gestures to Sana.

“Uncle this is Sana, Sana this is Mr Chong”

Sana holds out her hand, putting on her best smile.

“Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you”

Mr Chong takes the hand with an enthusiastic grin “Chong. Li Wei Chong, though most people here call me Mr Chong – nice to meet you too Sana”

Once the hands let go Mr Chong smirks at Tzuyu “Your friend here is so polite, what is she doing hanging around with a girl like you”

“I am polite, and I didn’t come here to defend my honour, we’re here for iced coffee, is Mrs Chong arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter