Chapter 34

i like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What kind of answer would make you feel better?" one of his brows lifted up in amusement and a mischievous smile escaped his lips on his handsome face. You scowled at him the moment he asked you back.

Girlfriend?

You narrowed your eyes at Jaehyun. Okay you might not even ready to listen to his answer.

"Forget about it" you were about to return to sleep when Jaehyun pulled your hand.

"Okay, babe let me explain" he swallowed hard, thinking carefully the best words to describe his relationship with that girl without hurting your feelings the slightest and then he continued, "She was my childhood friend but then we lost contact after she went back to Japan. But she came back last year and I think she is..." he his lower lip.

"Hitting on me"

"What?! And you are letting her to do whatever she wants?" you almost shouted. You were the loudest for the first time. Your brows were knitted in confusion. It felt like thumbtacks poking into your heart.

"Babe, I rejected her twice last time or thrice, I don't remember. I actually..." he sighed and then he continued, "I actually said that I had a girlfriend recently and that girlfriend is you"

"You lied to her" you muttered after a few minutes and pink flushed your cheeks.

"I said that I don't like her but she was persistent. Until recently when I spend more time with you, I dared to say I have a girlfriend. I tried my best to push her away but she doesn't believe her eyes so I had to mention you and let her see the truth. You know it was quite hard because we were good friends when we were kids. I don't want that relationship to shatter just because of this."

"But if you want me to stop talking to her then I will" he explained in a genuine manner. You were not in the position to stop Jaehyun from talking to all girls. This is because you were not even his girlfriend or something yet. But you liked how he explained to you in a truthful, sincere and honest way.

"Then did she managed to kiss you in the science lab?" you asked, referring to the time when you accidentally witnessed both of them in the lab. He chuckled at how cute and curious you were.

"Babe, after you came into the lab, I actually left without her kissing me of course. Thanks to you, I was able to get back to my basketball training" he said while chuckling.

"Okay..." you muttered, looking down. You were celebrating internally, knowing that Jaehyun didn't kiss her back then thanks to your interruption.

"Babe, are you jealous?" he leaned his face closer to you, one of his brows lifted up in curiosity. He looked cute somehow, displaying his dimples when he smiled in mischief. You didn't respond as you looked away, feeling shy and pink flushed your cheeks. Seeing you all cute, Jaehyun tickled you. He attacked you, moving forward and tickled you harder that you fell on his bed while laughing. He wrapped his arms around you swiftly and rolled over, you were on top of him now. Butterflies came and fluttered in your stomach the moment your eyes met him. Feeling shy, you looked away.

"You should let me go" you murmured, trying to move away from him. He pulled you closer so that your body glued to his.

"Babe, let's stay like this for awhile. I need to recharge myself" he muttered. 

"Recharge? What do you mean?" 

"Nothing" he pecked on your lips that your eyes turned wide in surprise. How come this guy can easily kiss you as if that was the easiest thing to do? 

"Babe, now is my turn to ask" 

"Hmm?" 

​​​​​​"Do you like me?" Jaehyun knew the answer already but hearing it from your mouth made him feel better and satisfied. You were just staring at him, quiet. You were hesitating if you should say it now because you have planned to say to him later. He waited for about 30 seconds before he said. 

"Babe, it's okay. I'll wait for you" he uttered and he hugged you tigther. It lasted for about 5 minutes before you turned your head from burying your face in his neck to face him. 

"I have one last question, I promise I won't ask again" your eyes were rounded in curiosity. You needed to know this. 

"Hmm?" 

"When was our first encounter?" the moment you asked, he released the hug and slowly put you to sleep next to him closely. You cocked your head up at him. 

"Babe, you should find that out by yourself" he said and planted a chaste kiss on your forehead.

"But I am curious" you were undisturbed by the kiss. You were eager to know when did you met him before that only Jaehyun remembered it. He didn't want to tell you but seeing how curious and cute you were, he gave in.

"It was summer last year..."

 

 

It was raining in the evening during summer. Jaehyun was still in school despite the sky almost engulfed with darkness. He covered his head in his hoodie, ready to walk under the rain when someone tugged on his sleeve. 

You tugged on his sleeve. Jaehyun turned around and looked at you. 

​​​​​​"Jeogiyo, you shouldn't walk under the rain" 

Jaehyun didn't reply but kept staring blankly at your face before he sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter