Chapter 6

i like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

These few days were okay for you. The position as the class monitor was okay, at least this was what you thought for now. Seulgi was with you most of the time during breaks. She found herself a new friend. Not really a new one but that girl used to be your classmate too. Her name is Seungwan. She wore a pair of glasses and she was very friendly to you too. You were thankful that Seulgi and Seungwan kept talking to you nowadays, to distract you from thinking negatively to be the class monitor and also be in the new class especially with Yuta. Mentioning Yuta automatically boiled your blood so you dare not talk to him in class.

As for your new circle of friends, Minryu and Johnny were casual and relaxed-typed of friends. You occasionally would ask Johnny for his notes since he was more approachable among them and because you couldn't get what was written on the whiteboard. But sometimes because of his handwriting that looked like a Doctor, just like your two brothers, you had to ask Minryu instead. And when that happened, Jaehyun would intervened and asked why you wouldn't ask for his notes instead since he sat right next to you. It was not that you did not want to ask him, it was because...you were shy to do so and you had to say this...his writing is beautiful

Sometimes, during lesson, you caught him staring at you for no reason at the corner of your eyes and when you turned to face him he would just looked away. Awkwardness would fill the air for awhile. Did he hate you or something was on your face?

 

 

"Meari, you can take your time filling in the duty roster. But you must pass it up to me before this weekend. Alright?"

"Ne, Lee sem" you bowed at him before you left the staff room. Okay this is your first task. Let's do it today!

 

You were in your study room, looking at the duty roster placed on the table. You were scanning the names in the name list but when your new circle of friends' names popped up, unknowingly, you smiled while looking at their names. You had to say Minryu is a good person. Although you only hang out with Seulgi during breaks, she would always ask if you need something from the cafeteria. And as for Johnny, he knew that you couldn't read his handwriting so these few days, he would try to write as nicely as possible. And this Jaehyun. He became more and more handsome each day. Wait what were you talking? You slapped your own face out of embarrassment. What were you thinking?

You straightened up in your seat. You started to fill in their names in the schedule one by one when you stopped after writing Johnny and the box below was you. There were two empty boxes next to both Johnny and you. This schedule required two persons to do their duty (cleaning and etc) in the whole week and it would rotate to the first two pair again once everyone had done their duties in the schedule. Since your name started with 'M', the box next to you should be Minryu. Since both your name and hers started with 'M'.

But...you had the authority to put Jaehyun next to yours. His name should be next to Johnny since both started with 'J'. But it's just that maybe well perhaps you wanted to be with Jaehyun. But it was wrong to do that right? You kept asking yourself that you accidentally filled his name next to your name's box. Heol. You immediately used a liquid paper to erase his name. When you wrote Jaehyun's name next to Johnny, you felt a little regret. And unknowingly, you erased it once again with a liquid paper.

The school should've included your surname in the name list in school. For some reason, after entering high school, your surname 'Jang' was erased from the school system and although you told your teacher numerous times about it, they would reply yes but didn't change it in the end. And now that you had reached the last semester of your high school, you were still wearing a nametag without your surname. You clicked your tongue, feeling frustrated. If the 'Jang' was stated as your last name, you could have had Jeong Jaehyun next to your name, Jang Meari. You wrote his name once again next to your box but erased it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter