Chapter 5

i like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the semester was peaceful you had to say. Nothing much happened till the last day before your school reopened. You spreaded your arms and legs wide on your bed, rolling to the left and then to the right. It was always nerve-wracking because your heart almost stopped working and blood stopped flowing whenever you checked the notice board. Wondering if you would end up in the same class with Seulgi again. You told yourself not to worry much but you couldn't stop thinking about it. Earlier Seulgi called and told you about her holiday vacation in Japan and that she bought you souvenirs. Feeling a little excited to see her tomorrow, you buried your face into your huge teddy placed next to you.

To be honest, you are also curious if you will be able to meet him again...

 

 

You strode all the way from the school gate, heading towards the main hall. At the corner of your eyes, you saw a few boys playing basketball early in the morning but you didn't see Jae.

Heaving a sigh while gripping on your bag tightly. Once you reached the main hall, you saw a crowd of students stood infront of the notice board, checking their names. You too, tip-toed searching for your name.

Oh... You found it... 

Your eyes slowly averted upwards to check for Seulgi's name but it was nowhere to be found. Checking once more while biting your lower lip. Seulgi nudged you from the side, making you jumped slightly, getting startled. 

"Where's my name?" Seulgi asked while taking a bite of her chocolate bar.

"I am still checking" you replied, feeling agitated.

"Oh! It's there" Seulgi said while pointing her forefinger at the notice board. Following her gaze, you found her name in a different list, the list that are next to your class's list. Your current class was 5-A while Seulgi was in 5-E. The alphabets of each class were based on the letters, H. A. E. N. G. B. O. K. which meant Happy.

"What happened to my grades?" Seulgi asked herself, her eyes widened in disbelief. You tried hard to register what was going on.

"Yah! It should be your grades! Not mine!" Seulgi said while shaking your shoulder. 

Okay here's the thing. Both you and Seulgi always maintained the grades, not too low and adequate enough to stay in the third class of the Science stream. You sighed loudly, feeling defeated. 

"What should I do?" you muttered under your breath, feeling frustrated. Just then, the bell rang. 

"Meari, don't be too stressed now. Go to class first, I'll talk to you during the break. Okay? Yah! You can always make new friends! Come, I'll take you to the new class" Seulgi held your hand while you on the other hand pulling a long face, all glum and dispirited. 

The both of you reached your new class. Seulgi left after bidding you a goodbye. She smiled ever so genuinely, she must be worried about you. Her class was just next to yours so you still can see her often. The moment you stepped into the classroom, you felt awkward. You scanned around, not many people from your previous class were here. Probably only one or two whom you were not familiar with. You sat near the door since the chair was vacant. It would also be good as you have poor eyesight that you couldn't read the whiteboard if it was too far from your sight. Fidgeting in your seat, you rested your arms on the table. Yeah... You should be cool about this...

Just when you were trying to look around, you realised that half of the students haven't enter the class yet even though the bell had rang earlier. All of a sudden, the door was flung open, you were startled to see a group of boys entered. Oh my god... Those people were the basketball team members you met last semester. With your mouth agape, you tried to hide your face once you saw Yuta walking in.

"Ohh Haru? Meari?" Yuta asked. HE SAW YOU! HE SAW YOU! You forced a smile but you saw him smirking. Like why?

"See you around!" he said and left to the seats at the back. One by one was walking until a person stopped infront of your table. You cocked your head upwards, your eyes met him. He looked a bit shocked and surprised with his eyes widened. Jae... He stared at you for awhile and yeah another short staring competition before the corner of his lips lifted upwards.

 

A teacher came in, holding a cane by his side. After shooing all students to be in their seats, he walked towards the teacher's table.

"Since today is the first class, let me introduce myself. I am Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter