Chapter 36

i like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She saw Sehun standing at the entrance holding the ticket while looking around, probably looking for herself. It was as if a needle poked into her heart, a pang of guilt hit her for testing her ex-boyfriend by showing up 30 minutes late. She didn't expect this. Somehow, deep inside, she hoped that he actually left. 

"Oh Sehun" Minryu called, Sehun turned around and a pleased smile appeared on his face.

"You're here. Are you okay?" Sehun didn't complain and that made her felt very bad.

He bought popcorns and drinks ready and also tickets to watch a romantic movie, Be With You starring So Ji Sub and Son Ye Jin. The title itself was pleading Minryu to stay and be with him.

During the movie, Sehun didn't touch her like how he would last time whenever he was in a cinema with her. He wanted to respect her and gain her trust this time. The more he did this, the more guilty Minryu was. It was near the of the movie that she burst into tears. She cried until the ending occurred that both main leads didn't ended up together. She really didn't want to hurt Sehun's feelings but even right now, she could be reminded of Johnny. She really wanted Johnny to pick her up after the movie ends.

She ran out of the cinema and Sehun ran after her. She had to calm herself down so she hid herself near a room leading to a staircase in the building. She buried her face into her palms. Sehun came in after a few seconds. He sat on a step of the stair next to Minryu. 

"Hey Minryu, are you okay? It's just a movie" he patted on Minryu's back. Minryu didn't know what to do. She turned to Sehun now, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. 

"I will be honest with you" after she said this, she fished out her phone from her handbag. She texted Johnny to come to the cinema as soon as possible. 

"Sehun-ahh I think I am the one cheating on you" 

"Baby, what are you talking about?" Sehun's brows were knitted in confusion. 

"Whenever I am with you, you reminded me of someone else. And I feel guilty about this" she swallowed hard while crying. She choked when Sehun was listening intently on her words. "Think of this breakup as my fault, I can't do this anymore. Like the character in the movie, I don't think I will have a good ending with you" she cried harder now, burying her face in her palms. Sehun felt helpless as he pulled Minryu in his arms. He didn't know she was this guilty all this while. He was patting her back softly. 

"I'm sorry" she muttered in his chest and then she continued, "I shouldn't have pursue this relationship if I know it's not going to last long. I'm sorry that I was using you" 

Sehun her hair now. Minryu pulled away from the hug. She studied Sehun's face and tears kept rolling down on her cheeks. 

"I am so sorry" she muttered as Sehun rubbed her tears with his thumb. It remained like that for a few minutes. Sehun was not speaking, staring blankly at Minryu.

"I am not going to forgive you. Never. I will never do that." he said, his voice sounded shaky. "I will never forgive you, Minryu" he emphasized while tucking Minryu's hair behind her ear. 

"I can't let you go, Minryu. Can't we stay as a couple?" he pleaded for the last time that Minryu shook her head in disapproval. 

"I can't do this to you. I can't use you, you are my precious friend" Minryu said as she cupped his face. 

"I should leave now" Minryu said when she felt vibrations in her phone. It must be Johnny. She was looking away now. She was not ready for this goodbye but Johnny is here.

Sehun pulled her down so that she sat next to him closely. Sehun kissed on her lips softly. He closed his eyes, it was just an innocent kiss, reminiscing Minryu's first kiss. He never knew Minryu had a big place in his heart, it was too sad to let her go. She was no longer the innocent girl he knew. He should let her go but he was selfish, he needed Minryu all by himself. Minryu pulled away instantly. The kiss, it felt nothing but just like a sad story. He stared at her, his lower lip.

"I am not going to delete your number. You should go now before I get crazy" Sehun said while heaving a sigh. 

Minryu ran out of that room and headed straight to the entrance. There she found Johnny, wearing a helmet, looking lost in the middle of the entrance. He was looking for her. Minryu ran and wrapped her arms a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter