Missing Maknae

Prince Eric

 

"Okay kiddos, time to go shopping." Jacob announces, as he enters the living room where the maknaes are playing video games. 

"Why?" Eric whines. 

"Because you boys ruined your shoes with mud yesterday, so we have to get new ones now."

Eric remembers yesterday, but only how much fun he had, no that some shoes got wrecked. 

-- Yesterday --

"Splashing in puddles is fun, but I wonder what splashing in the mud is like." Eric suggests, eyeing a large puddle right next to them. 

"Oh! Let's go see!" Haknyeon exclaims, running over to the mud and jumping in. 

Sunwoo and Eric follow, all of them are now jumping in the puddle of mud. It is very easy at first, but it eventually gets hard and they soon become stuck. 

"Uh oh. What do we do know?"

"Help! Help!" They scream. 

Kevin, who is sitting nearby reading a book, runs over to them. 

"What's wrong guys?"

"We're stuck in the mud." 

"Will you help us?" Eric pouts. 

Kevin tries to pull them out, but just does not have the strength. 

"Don't worry, I'll go get Sangyeon, Juyeon, and Jaehyun." Kevin says, before running to the basketball court. 

A couple minutes later, the three of them come over and pull the maknaes out, but their shoes are left behind in the mud. 

"Well, I think now is a good time to go home. I don't want you boys running around with no shoes on in the park." 

All three of them are piggy-backed home.

-- Present --

"Oh, yeah I remember that."

"Exactly, now let's go." 

Jacob and Sangyeon walk the three of them to the mall and enter the shoe store. Eric is the first to try on shoes and he ends up picking some blue sneakers. He gets bored watching the other two maknaes try on shoes, so he decides to check out some other stores. Specifically, the toy store. 

"The hyungs won't mind if I leave for just a second." Eric thinks. 

Eric leaves the shoe store while the others continue to try on shoes. He goes to the toy store and immediately heads over to the section with the video games so that he can play the demos. 

Back at the shoe store, the boys have finally picked and purchased their new shoes. 

"Okay, now that you all have new shoes, try not to mess them up again." Sangyeon says, as they walk out the store. 

"Wait. Where is Eric?" Haknyeon brings up. 

Jacob looks around. 

"Oh my gosh, we lost Eric! We have to find him, what if he got abducted!" Jacob panics. 

"Jakey, calm down. Let's split up and look for him. We'll all meet here again after an hour." 

"Okay."

The four of them split up and search the mall for Eric. They check clothing stores, the food court, and the candy store. An hour later, nobody has found Eric yet. 

"Guys, where could he be?" Jacob questions. 

"I don't know. We looked everywhere, didn't we?" 

"What about the toy store? Did anyone look there?" Sunwoo asks. 

Back at the toy store, Eric finds something amazing. 

"They have a ball pit!" Eric exclaims, before jumping in. 

The boys eventually find Eric sitting in the ball pit. 

"Eric, there you are."

"Hi hyungs." He replies. 

"Eric, come out. It's time to go." Sangyeon tells him. 

"Already?"

"Yeah, now come on. We've already wasted an extra hour here." Sunwoo complains. 

Eric climbs out of the ball pit and goes over to the boys. 

"Can we get ice cream?" Eric asks, as they exit the store. 

"After what you did? No." Sangyeon answers. 

"But you can each get one gumball from the candy dispenser." Jacob says, handing each of the maknaes a quarter. 

The three of them get their gumballs and Eric is scolded the whole way home. To him, it is worth it though, because he got to play video games and go in a ball pit.