Not Enough

Prince Eric

 

While the boys are going through the performance for their soon approaching comeback, Eric is singing his part when he forgets it halfway through. He goes blank and just hums the other half of his lines. To make things worse, he messes up the dance for the rest of the song and keeps looking around to remember where he left off. By the time he catches up, the song is already over.

Minutes later, while they are taking a break, Eric is frustrated with himself. 

"How could I mess up my lines and the dance? This is terrible. I'm terrible." Eric thinks. 

"Hey squishy, you okay?" Jaehyun asks, sitting down next to Eric. 

"I messed up my lines and the dance."

"That's alright, everyone makes mistakes." 

"But it was so easy, we have been practicing for weeks now. I shouldn't have made a mistake at all." Eric explains. 

"Eric, sometimes you just have a bad day. It happens to everyone."

But Eric cannot forget about this and move on. All he can think about is what the members must think, and what the audience would have thought if there was one just now. 

"How could he mess up such an easy part? Is he even trying?"

"How does he not know his own lines? Does he not practice?"

"He is dragging our team down."

"We are so disappointed in you, Eric."

Eric is determined to make up this mistake, he needs to practice and work harder. 

The next morning, Eric goes to the company early to practice. After going over his lines several times in a row, he moves onto his dancing. Mastering the dance has been a little hard since this is a different style. This new dance is more fast paced. 

Half way through his time during the dance, the rest of the boys enter the practice room. 

"Eric, you sure are early." Changmin points out. 

"Just wanted to get some extra practice in."

Changmin nods before starting practice. 

One day of practice is not enough for Eric. He decides to go the whole week, doing this same schedule of early practice, before he is stopped. It is not Eric who chooses to stop though. 

Eric is practicing his dancing for what might be the fourteenth time that day. He is drenched in sweat, gasping for air, and his muscles are beyond sore. He has to continue however, despite his extreme discomfort. When the song is over, Eric's body can't take it anymore and he faints. Just as he hits the floor, the others walk in. 

"Oh my gosh, Eric!"

They all rush over, making sure to put him on his back and elevate his feet. 

"Eric, wake up. Please, wake up." 

After about a minute, Eric does wake up from his fainting spell. He sees that he is surrounded by his hyungs. 

"Eric, what happened?" Younghoon asks. 

"I don't know. I was dancing and the next thing I know everything went black." Eric answers. 

"You must have passed out from exhaustion." Kevin states. 

"You know, you have been practicing to a great extent lately. It is like you are here more than you are at the dorm." Changmin points out. 

"Why have you been practicing so much when you don't need to?" Sangyeon questions. 

"Because I messed up when we did our performance run through." Eric explains. 

"Eric, it was just one mistake. It is okay." Haknyeon says. 

"No! It's not okay! I messed up something so easy. I'm such an idiot, I don't deserve to be in the group. I'll drag everyone down if I make such simple mistakes. I hate myself." Eric rants. 

"Eric, calm down. You don't want to get yourself worked up, you might faint again." Jacob warns. 

"Now, the first thing I want to address, don't you ever say that you hate yourself. You are such an amazing little angel, there is nothing to hate about you. Also, you deserve to be in this group, you complete us." Jacob begins. 

"But I made a mistake." 

"Eric, we all make mistakes. It is a normal thing, it is no big deal. We still love you, and we know you are doing your best." Sangyeon responds. 

"Yeah, we all make mistakes. The important thing is that you should keep going and not let it eat away at you." Changmin adds. 

Eric is now happy again, maybe he was just stressed out and that made him worry over nothing.

"I guess you guys are right. I don't know why I freaked out over it so much." 

"You're so sweaty babykins. Let's skip practice and take you home so you can have a nice bath and take a nap." Jacob says, before turning to Sangyeon for approval. 

Sangyeon nods in response. Juyeon picks Eric up and carries him back to the dorm. Eric ends up falling asleep in his arms, so they have to wake him up when it is time for his bath. 

"Squishy, your bath is ready. Hyung made sure to use your favorite bubble bath and fill it with rubber ducks." Chanhee tells Eric. 

Eric takes his bath and then is given tea before he is tucked into bed. 

"Eric, I know you might already know this, but I am going to tell you anyway. You are the most precious, talented, and sweetest maknae ever. Don't let anyone ever tell you any different, okay?" Jacob says, as he tucks Eric in. 

"Okay hyung." Eric smiles. 

Eric settles into his bed as his hyungs leave the room and he sleeps peacefully for the first time in a week. He is relieved to know that no matter if he messes up the dance or his lines, or both, his hyungs will always be there for him.