Science Fair

Prince Eric

As Eric is walking home from school with Jacob and Sangyeon one afternoon, he brings up the science project he has to do. 

"What are you thinking about doing?"

"I don't know. I've been trying to think of something all day, but I can't come up with anything. 

"How about you built a volcano? I did that for my project when I was your age and I won the science fair." Sangyeon suggests. 

"That sounds like so much fun. Can we make it erupt?" Eric responds. 

"Of course we can." 

"Now I have an idea, but I have to write an essay about volcanoes then." Eric says. 

"I can help you, kiddo." Sangyeon offers. 

"Thanks hyung. I can't wait to get home and work on this with you." Eric smiles.  

"No problem. We will start looking for sources when we get home." Sangyeon replies, ruffling Eric's hair. 

They arrive home later and Eric changes into his home clothes before sitting down with Sangyeon at the kitchen table. He powers up his laptop and Sangyeon shows him some good websites to go to for sources. Eric finds and summarizes ten sources before asking Sangyeon if he can take a break. 

"Sure, you've done enough for now."

Sangyeon gets up to get some juice from the fridge and sees what Eric is doing. 

"What's that?"

"Club Penguin. I'm gonna meet Felix on here." 

"Whoa. That looks like fun." 

"You can play for a bit if you want." Eric offers, pushing the laptop towards his leader. 

Sangyeon is mesmerized by the features in the game. There are mini games, furniture to put in the penguin's house, and his favorite part.... clothes to dress the penguin up in. 

"Look at all the cute clothes the penguin can wear!" Sangyeon states happily.

A few minutes later, Eric tells Sangyeon that he has to go back on. Sangyeon hands the laptop back over and goes to his room to play. He creates his own account and goes back to being engrossed. 

During this time, Eric is chatting with Felix in the game. 

"Hey!!!!" Eric types. 

"Hey man! What are you up to?" Felix replies. 

"Working on my science project. U?"

"Me too."

"Guess what?" Eric says. 

"What?"

"I showed my hyung this game and he loves it."

"That's so cool!"

Felix makes his penguin dance in response, so Eric joins in. 

"Wanna sled race?" Eric asks.

"Race you to the hill!"

Eric opens up the map and clicks on the mountain top. When it loads, Felix is already there. 

"I win!"

"No fair, you have faster internet!" 

" :P "

"I'm gonna win sled race tho." 

"We'll see." Felix replies. 

Despite having slower internet, Eric wins. 

Eric and Felix play together until Eric decides to go back to his homework. 

As Eric is reading one of his sources, he comes across something he does not understand, so he goes to ask Sangyeon for help.

"Hyung, can you help me with something?"

"Are you injured or upset? Because hyung is a little busy right now." Sangyeon answers. 

"No."

"Then can you come back later?"

"Okay." Eric says, leaving the room and going off to ask someone else for help. 

It goes on like this for days, until Jacob finds out about it. 

Eric is putting the finishing touches on his project when Jacob enters the kitchen. 

"Hey, babykins. Are you almost done with your project?"

"Yeah, I'm just doing some small edits now." Eric replies. 

"I bet Sangyeon was a real help." 

"Not really. He is addicted to Club Penguin now. I asked him for help a few days ago and he said he was busy while he was playing the game. It's okay though, Chanhee helped me with the essay and Kevin helped me with the volcano." Eric explains. 

"I hope Sangyeon hyung comes to the project fair though. I at least want him to see what I got done." He adds. 

Jacob is saddened by Eric's words, so he confronts Sangyeon. 

"Sangyeon!" Jacob says, as he storms into their shared bedroom. 

"What?"

"How could you do this to Eric?"

"What?"

"He was so excited to have you help him with this project and you did nothing."

Sangyeon just nods in response as he continues to play. 

"You have been playing this game for days now."

"And? Unless something life threatening is happening come talk to me later. Oh, there's new clothes in the catalog today." 

Jacob sighs in disappointment and leaves the room. 

The next day, it is time for Eric's project fair at school. Sangyeon is still on the computer on such an important day, this makes Jacob beyond mad and he talks to Sangyeon again. Since Sangyeon would not listen last time, Jacob tries something different to get his attention. He throws coffee on the laptop so it turns black and he now knows Sangyeon is listening. 

"What did you do?!" Sangyeon exclaims. 

"I'm stopping this. You are playing a freaking computer game while our maknae's project fair is going on! He worked so hard on his project and he really wanted you to be there to see it. This means a lot to him. Can't you see that?" 

Sangyeon processes Jacob's words and realizes that he is right, he should be there for Eric. 

"You're right. Come on, let's go." Sangyeon says, putting his arm around Jacob as they both walk out the room. 

"I'm sorry about your laptop." 

"It was Sunwoo's laptop." Sangyeon admits. 

Jacob's eyes widen at this. Sunwoo will be very mad.

"Let's make sure to stop by the electronics store and get him a new one before he finds out." Jacob responds. 

At the project fair, Eric has just finished talking to his teacher about his project when he sees Sangyeon. 

"Hyung, you made it!" 

"How could I miss a day like this? I'm sorry I didn't help you with your project, I shouldn't have done that. It looks like you didn't need my help though, this volcano looks amazing. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." Eric grins, happy to now have all of his hyungs at his project fair.