The Bully

Prince Eric

 

Eric walks out of school one afternoon to see Sangyeon and Jacob waiting for him like usual. 

"Hey kiddo." Sangyeon greets Eric, as he walks up to them. 

"Hey." Eric responds, making sure that they cannot see the right side of his face. 

"How was school today?"

"Fine." Eric answers, walking with his head turned away. 

"Why are you walking like that?"

"Like what?" 

"Like you're hiding the right side of your face." 

Sangyeon grabs Eric and picks him up to restrain him. 

"Put me down." Eric whines. 

Jacob inspects Eric's face and sees that Eric has a bandage on his chin. 

"Oh my gosh. What happened?" 

Eric has to admit it now, since he has been caught.

"A kid at school hit me and it left a cut." Eric admits, as Sangyeon puts him back down. 

"What?! How dare that brat hit my little angel? Let's go back to your school and straighten him out." Jacob says. 

"Whoa, calm down, Jacob." Sangyeon says, stopping Jacob. 

"You can't just beat some kid up. That has to be illegal."

"Hyungs, I can handle this by myself." Eric intervenes. 

"You sure?"

Eric nods. 

"Alright." Sangyeon replies, before they continue walking. 

The next day, Eric is picked up by staff members and taken to practice. All the other members are already there, so he is the only one in the car. 

When he reaches the company, he makes sure to go to the bathroom first to put on some make-up to cover his black eye. Thankfully, he does such a good job that nobody notices his black eye. At home, however, Eric starts to think that he should tell someone about his bully issue. He thought he could handle it on his own, but after being chased down the hallway and punched in the face by his bully, Jasper, he knows that he needs to talk to someone about this. So Eric goes to Juyeon to help solve his problem. Lucky for Eric, Juyeon is alone in his room reading a book. 

"Juyeon hyung, do you have a minute?"

"All the minutes in the world for you, squishy."

As Eric gets closer, Juyeon notices his black eye. 

"Eric, what happened?"

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. This kid at school named Jasper has been bullying me lately and I don't know what to do. How do you deal with a bully? Please help me. I just want to know what to do before he breaks my arm or something."

"Well, Eric, you might not know this, but I was bullied in school too."

"You were?"

"Yeah. People would pick on me and beat me up because I was the scrawny kid."

"What did you do?" Eric asks. 

"I started working out and gave them a taste of their own medicine, then they left me alone." Juyeon answers. 

"Is that why you are so cool and manly now? So I should beat up my bully?"

"No, Eric. Fighting back isn't always the answer. Talk it out with this guy first if you can, and if he still continues then you need to defend yourself as a last resort. I don't want you to get hurt even worse by fighting back if you don't have to. Who knows, maybe you guys will work things out and end up being friends."

"Okay. Thanks for the advice." Eric smiles, before leaving. 

At school the next day, Eric runs into Jasper before class starts. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Eric."

"Just leave me alone, Jasper." Eric responds. 

"Why? That's no fun." Jasper says, before shoving Eric.

"I don't want to fight."

"Ha! You can't fight me anyway you little wimp."

Jasper throws a punch, but Eric dodges it, he also dodges the punch after that. 

"Stop squirming, you little rat!"

Jasper throws a punch towards Eric's face, but Eric blocks it with his hand. 

"What's wrong that is making you act like this? Is something going on at home or at school that is upsetting you?" Eric questions. 

Jasper freezes, caught off guard either by the fact that Eric blocked his punch or that Eric wants to know why he is acting this way. 

"What do you care? What does anyone care?"

"I just want to know why you hate me so much." Eric replies. 

Jasper is quiet for a moment before he decides to answer. 

"You're so much better than me at English. My grade is so bad and people make fun of me for it, while you get praised for how good your grade is." 

"I could help you study." Eric offers. 

"You'd do that? After what I did to you?"

"Yeah. If you want help, I'm willing to give it."

Jasper agrees and from then on Eric tutors him in English. Eric turns out to be a really good tutor and helps Jasper get his English grade up. The two even end up becoming friends, as they realize they have several things in common. Looks like Juyeon really does give good advice.