Where's Eric?

Prince Eric

 

"I'll miss you guys." Eric says, as he hugs Sangyeon and Jacob tightly. 

"We'll miss you too, munchkin. We'll be back Monday morning, and Jaehyun will watch over you until we come back." Sangyeon replies. 

"Have fun." Eric says. 

"We will." Jacob responds. 

Jacob gives Eric one last hug before leaving with Sangyeon. 

"Don't worry, Eric. It is only a weekend, they'll be back before you know it." Jaehyun says. 

"How about we do something fun?" Jaehyun suggests. 

"Can we play horsey?" Eric asks. 

"Hop on." Jaehyun replies, allowing Eric to get on his back. 

Eric has fun playing horsey and other games with Jaehyun and his other hyungs until dinner. 

When it is time for bed, Jaehyun is the one to tuck Eric in like Jacob and Sangyeon usually do. 

"Good night, squishy."

"Night night hyung." 

Things seem to be going well with Jaehyun in charge for the weekend, at least for day one. 

The next day, at the time where Eric is supposed to be doing his homework, he is on his phone playing games instead. 

"Eric, did you do your homework yet?" Jaehyun questions, after twenty minutes of Eric playing. 

"I'll get to it eventually."

"You know the rules, you are supposed to be doing homework at this time, then you can play." Jaehyun says. 

"I said I would do it later." 

"No, you are doing it now." Jaehyun replies, taking the phone away from Eric. 

"Hey, give that back! You're not the boss of me." Eric argues.

"You can have it once you finish your homework."

Jaehyun then leaves the room and shuts the door behind him. 

"Fine!" Eric yells, as Jaehyun shuts the door. 

Eric sits on his bed and pouts, angry that Jaehyun took his phone and is being such a bossy jerk. He was only using his phone for a moment. Eric has to fight back, so he decides to run away. Once Jacob and Sangyeon learn that Jaehyun let Eric out on his own, then Jaehyun will be the one in real trouble. So, when Eric knows that the coast is clear, since Jaehyun is making dinner, he sneaks out of the dorm and begins his journey to Sangyeon and Jacob's house. Eric takes the bus and then walks the rest of the way there. 

Back at the dorm, Jaehyun has now realized that Eric is missing. 

"Okay, Eric time for din-" Jaehyun pauses when he sees that Eric is not in his room where he left him. 

Jaehyun goes out to the living room, but Sunwoo is the only one out there. 

"Sunwoo, have you seen Eric?"

Sunwoo shakes his head in response. 

Jaehyun looks in all the rooms and gets no sign of Eric. 

"Oh my gosh, I lost Eric! Sangyeon and Jacob are going to kill me." 

Jaehyun can just see how mad they will be once they find out, especially Jacob. To Jacob, Eric is like his own baby even though Eric is only a few years younger than him. Well, Eric is like that to all the members, but Jacob is the one who loves to nurture him the most. 

"How could you lose my precious baby?! Anything could happen to him out there! He is probably cold, alone, and afraid. What if he gets kidnapped? You.... you bastard!" Jacob would say to him. 

Jacob never curses, but when it comes to something as serious as losing their maknae, then he would. Sangyeon, on the other hand, would give Jaehyun a very angry glare and a terrible scolding. Jaehyun needs to find Eric, not just for his sake, but also because he wants to make sure their maknae is safe. 

Meanwhile, at Jacob and Sangyeon's house, Eric knocks on their front door. Sangyeon is the one who answers it. 

"Eric? What are you doing here?" Sangyeon asks. 

"Did you say Eric?" Jacob chimes in. 

Jacob walks over to the front door and sees Eric, he quickly invites him in and tells him to sit on the couch while he goes to get a blanket. 

"Shouldn't you be at the dorm?" Sangyeon asks, as he sits next to Eric. 

"Sangyeon is right. What are you doing all the way out here on such a chilly night?" Jacob says, putting a blanket over Eric and sitting on the other side of him. 

"I ran away because Jaehyun was being mean to me."

"What did he do?"

"He took away my phone."

"That's it?" Sangyeon responds. 

"Did you need your phone for homework or were you just playing on it?" Jacob inquires. 

"Playing." Eric admits. 

"Then what's the problem? You know the rules, homework first. You are only allowed to take ten minute breaks every hour. That rule is not new, and it never changes."

"I'd say Jaehyun was in the right. It sounds like you were taking advantage of the fact that someone else was in charge." Sangyeon states. 

"Did you even start your homework?" Jacob questions. 

"No." 

"We are very disappointed in you, Eric." Jacob tells him. 

"I'm sorry."

"I'd better call Jaehyun and tell him that Eric is with us so he doesn't go on a wild goose chase."

While Sangyeon is on the phone, Jacob makes Eric some hot chocolate. 

"Can I have cookies too?" Eric asks. 

Even though Jacob is disappointed in Eric for running away, he just can't resist spoiling Eric. So Eric does get what he wants, but he only gets one cookie instead of his usual three. 

After Eric has his hot chocolate and cookie, Jacob and Sangyeon take him back home. 

"Now, do not lose him again. I know he can be a slippery little froggy, but you have to watch him carefully." Sangyeon tells Jaehyun, when he drops Eric off. 

When Sangyeon leaves, Eric wonders what Jaehyun will do about him running away. Hopefully he won't be too harsh. 

"Okay, I'm going to make this short since I'm not really good with punishment. You are going to do your homework for the rest of the day, and then you can have your phone back tomorrow. Deal?"

"Deal." Eric agrees. 

Eric walks back to his room and sighs in relief that he got off easily. He is not excited to start that homework so late though, but it is better than having his games taken away for a few days like Sangyeon probably would have done.