Hate?

Prince Eric

 

"Thanks for building this fort, Juyeon. You're the best hyung ever!" Eric says, hugging Juyeon. 

"No problem. I hope you boys enjoy it." Juyeon replies, patting Eric's head before going to his room. 

Just then, Haknyeon and Sunwoo enter the dorm. 

"Whoa, look at that fort!" Haknyeon exclaims, running over. 

Sunwoo follows him. 

"Did you build this by yourself? It is huge."

"No, Juyeon hyung built it. I helped gather blankets though." 

"Come on, let's go in."

The three of them run into the fort and sit down in a circle. 

"This fort is so cool. What should we do first?" Eric says. 

"Let's play some board games." Sunwoo suggests. 

They all agree and begin to play games together. 

The next day, Eric is playing in Changmin and Kevin's room. Changmin said he could go in there to play with his Spongebob action figures. As Eric is later putting the figures back on the shelf, he accidentally knocks down a pretty little clay vase that was on that same shelf, and it shatters on the floor. 

"Uh oh." Eric thinks. 

Right as Eric tries to clean it up, Kevin walks in. He sees what Eric has done and his eyes widen. 

"What did you do?!"

"Hyung, it was an accident." Eric says. 

"Oh sure it was. You were probably being reckless and running around crazy, then you knocked it down. How hard is it to be careful?! You know what, just get out." 

Eric leaves the room, but turns around to explain what happened. 

"But hy-"

"Save it, Eric. You always run around and cause mischief and do what you shouldn't be doing! Just.... just leave me alone already, I hate you!" Kevin says, before slamming the door in Eric's face. 

Hate? Hearing those words makes Eric's chest hurt and tears flow from his eyes. He runs to his room to hide under his blanket and cry. He doesn't know how long he cries for, but Haknyeon and Sunwoo show up at some point. 

"Eric, we've been looking all over for you." Haknyeon says, jumping on Eric's bed. 

"Why are you in here when you could be hanging out in the fort?" Sunwoo questions. 

They hear Eric sniffle and quickly ask what is wrong.

"Do you have the cold?"

"What's wrong, squishy?" Haknyeon asks. 

Haknyeon lowers the blanket and sees the tears Eric is shedding. 

"Eric, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"H-H-Hyung said that he hates me." 

"What?!"

"Which hyung?"

"Kevin hyung."

"How could he say something like that?"

"No wonder you feel so bad. Come on, let's go to the fort and talk about it. That might make you feel better." 

Eric dries his tears and follows Haknyeon and Sunwoo to their fort. Eric explains what happened and the two of them comfort him, making sure to give him lots of hugs and comforting words. What Kevin said to Eric does spread among the boys, which is why he is treated differently the next day. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" Kevin says, entering the practice room and walking up to Changmin and Chanhee. 

They just walk away and say nothing, so Kevin goes to some other members. 

"Bermuda, how's it going?"

The three of them also ignore Kevin. He is starting to wonder what is going on here. 

"Hey, Jacob. What's going on? Why is everyone acting like I'm invisible?"

"I'm not supposed to be talking to you, but we're ignoring you."

"What? Why?"

"Because we know what you said to Eric. How could you be so cruel to that sweet maknae, to my little gummy bear?" Jacob replies. 

"He broke my vase. It took me over four months to make that thing. How could I not be angry?"

Jacob shakes his head in disappointment and walks away. 

Kevin thinks that it is ridiculous that he should have to apologize to Eric. He thinks this is all Eric's fault. The others should punish Eric for his behavior. 

However, Kevin thinks things over as time goes on and the middle of the next day, he realizes that he needs to apologize. 

Eric isn't in his room, so he must be in the maknae fort. Kevin goes there to talk to Eric. 

"Maknaes, can I talk to Eric?"

All Kevin gets in return is silence. 

"I know you guys are in there."

"Eric doesn't want to talk to you. You're a meanie." Sunwoo says. 

"Yeah, go away." Haknyeon adds. 

Kevin sighs and goes to see if Juyeon can talk to them. 

"Juyeon?"

More silence. 

"Please, Juyeon. This is important, I want to talk to Eric so I can apologize."

"Oh. Well, what do you want me to do?"

"Can you go talk to them? They won't listen to me."

"Sure."

Juyeon gets up and walks out to the living room. 

"Maknaes, can hyung come in?"

"Yes." Haknyeon answers. 

Juyeon enters the fort and compliments their decorations. 

"So, why don't you guys want to let Kevin talk to Eric?"

"He is sleeping right now." Sunwoo explains, pointing to Eric on the other side of the fort.

Juyeon continues to talk to them about unrelated things for a few minutes before leaving. 

"What did they say?" Kevin asks, when Juyeon enters the room again. 

"Eric's sleeping, so he can't talk right now. Just try again later I guess."

So, that is what Kevin does. Eric is always in his room around bedtime, so that is when Kevin goes in there. Eric is getting his bed set up to go to bed when Kevin walks in. 

"Eric, can I talk to you?"

Eric nods. 

The two of them sit on the bed. Eric holds his teddy bear, Mr. Cuddlesworth, tightly. He hopes Kevin isn't here to get mad or blame him again. 

"About the other day, I'm sorry for yelling at you like that. I never should have said that I hated you. I definitely do not hate you, it is the exact opposite. I love you,  you're our little maknae and we all love you. You mean a lot more to me than that vase, I never should have snapped at you over something so small. I'm really sorry." Kevin says. 

"I never want to hurt you and I hope you can forgive me." 

"I forgive you." Eric responds, after a silence. 

"I'm sorry about your vase. Is there a way to fix it?"

"I think so, but I'm gonna make a new one instead." Kevin replies. 

"I can help you, if that's okay."

"Of course you can help." Kevin tells Eric, hugging him.

Eric hugs Kevin back. 

"Okay, Eric time to-"

Jacob pauses when he sees that Kevin and Eric have worked things out. 

"It looks like you two solved things." Jacob states. 

"Yeah."

"That's good. Well, Eric, it is time for you to start getting ready to go to bed. I just came to see if you needed anything before bed." 

"No, i"m good."

"Alright. Good night, babykins." Jacob says, going up to Eric and giving him a raspberry kiss on the cheek. 

Jacob puts his cheek towards Eric and he gives his hyung a raspberry kiss back before giggling. Eric loves getting and then giving raspberry kisses, they always make him giggle. 

"Good night hyung." Eric responds, as Jacob walks out. 

Jacob also tells Kevin good night before he leaves to go to his own room. 

"Well, sweet dreams, Eric." Kevin says, as he gets up to leave. 

"Wait! You forgot your kiss." 

Kevin turns back and gives Eric a raspberry kiss on the other cheek and then Eric does the same before telling him good night. Eric goes to bed happy to have his hyung's love again.