Eric's Worst Nightmare

Prince Eric

 

"Oww!" Eric exclaims, as he chews his piece of pork. 

"What's wrong chum chum?"

"My tooth hurts. I think something is wrong with it. It has been hurting since yesterday." Eric explains. 

"Since yesterday? We better take you to the dentist then." Sangyeon says. 

Eric freezes at hearing the word dentist. He hates that place, it is one of his biggest fears. Going to that place is a pain. Eric snaps out of his frozen state and now reacts to the news. 

"Nooo! Don't take me to the dentist!" Eric yells. 

"Don't worry, Eric. I'm sure all they will have to do is yank out your wisdom teeth. Just make sure to scream if you wake up during the procedure so they know to stop." Sunwoo teases. 

"Hyung." Eric cries out to Jacob, holding onto him. 

"Sunwoo, don't scare him like that." Jacob scolds. 

"I'm sorry, Eric. I was just joking. I'm sure your dentist visit will go well." Sunwoo assures. 

"I'm not going to any dentist." 

"Eric, you have to go so your tooth will stop hurting." Sangyeon says. 

"But it doesn't hurt anymore." Eric lies. 

Eric tries to chew a piece of meat, but the pain in his tooth stops him, causing him to wince. 

"Eric, stop doing that. We should just give you soft foods now. How about I blend up that meat for you instead?" Jacob says. 

"Ewww, no." Eric replies. 

"Okay, how about a yummy strawberry milkshake instead?"

Of course, Eric agrees to that, he would never turn down a milkshake. 

While Eric is distracted by the dessert, Sangyeon sets up an appointment with the dentist for Eric. Tomorrow morning will be the appointment. 

After finishing his drink, Eric goes to his room to vent about having to go to the dentist. 

"Sangyeon is such a jerk. He wants to take me to the dentist. What if they do pull my teeth out or something?"

Eric shivers at the thought. 

"I'm hiding when he takes me." Eric tells his bear before laying down in bed. 

Just then, Changmin enters the room. 

"Eric, I have a surprise for you." Changmin says, walking to Eric's bed. 

"It's Dr. Snuggles." Changmin adds, holding up the cold pack teddy bear. 

"Where is your boo boo? Is it on your knee? Or your tummy? Or your arm?" Changmin asks, using a voice for the bear. 

"No, my cheek. The tooth here."

"I know what to do. Kisses will make it better."

Changmin puts the bear by Eric's cheek and has it kiss him repeatedly. The movement makes Eric giggle. 

"Stop, that tickles." Eric laughs. 

"Okay. Here, this should make you feel a bit better." Changmin says, handing the bear over to Eric. 

"Thanks." Eric replies. holding the bear to his face. 

"If you need anything else, just call one of us." Changmin says, before leaving the room. 

The only thing Eric needs right now is a way to avoid the dentist. There is only one person he can turn to, the one person who can get Sangyeon to change his mind.... and that is Jacob. 

Eric goes to Jacob and Sangyeon's room and cuddles up to Jacob. 

"Hi, babykins. I see Dr. Snuggles came to pay you a visit." 

"Yeah, Changmin hyung brought him for me."

"That's nice of him. How are you feeling?"

"Horrible."

"What? Has the toothache gotten worse?" Jacob worries. 

"No. I'm upset that Sangyeon is making me go to the dentist. Hyung, can you make him change his mind? He is being such a meanie by making me go." 

"Eric, you have to go to the dentist to fix your tooth. Sangyeon isn't making you go to hurt you, he wants you to go because he loves you and wants you to get better. We all do, we don't like seeing you in pain." Jacob explains. 

"But I don't wanna go." Eric whines. 

"Squishy, I know you hate the dentist. I wish you didn't have to go. I wish I could take all your pain away like magic, but I can't. You have to go for your tooth to stop hurting and that is that. If you don't go, things will get worse and you'll be in more pain."

"Sangyeon is still a big meanie."

As if on cue, Sangyeon walks in seconds later. 

"Hi guys. Eric, how are you feeling?"

Eric turns away from Sangyeon, facing Jacob's chest instead. 

"He is a little cranky about you taking him to the dentist." Jacob informs Sangyeon. 

"Eric, I know how much you hate that place, but it is for your own good. I don't want giving us trouble when we had to take you in like last time."

"Meanie." Eric responds. 

Sangyeon doesn't know what else to say to change Eric's mind, so he just kisses the top of Eric's head before leaving the room. 

"Babykins, please don't be mad at Sangyeon. We just want your tooth to feel better." 

"But I don't want to go to the evil dentist."

"I know. Hopefully you'll understand when the pain goes away."

When Eric goes to bed that night, Jacob puts some medicine on his gums to ease the pain so Eric can sleep peacefully. He is still mad as Sangyeon and Jacob tuck him in. 

"Good night, Eric." Jacob says, giving Eric a raspberry kiss. 

"Good night, hyung." Eric replies, giving one back. 

"Good night, Eric." Sangyeon says. 

As Sangyeon is about to come close to Eric, he hides under his covers. 

"Eric, you don't want a good night kiss from hyungie?" 

"Not from you." 

"Alright, I understand. Sleep well, kiddo." Sangyeon says, leaving the room with Jacob. 

In the morning, Eric makes sure to get up early and hide under his bed so that they can't take him to the dentist. 

"Eric, wake up. We have to go to-" Sangyeon announces, entering the room. 

"Oh no." Sangyeon adds, once he sees that Eric is not in his bed. 

"What's wrong?" Chanhee asks Sangyeon. 

"Eric is gone. I knew this would happen. Time to go look for him."

Chanhee helps Sangyeon look for Eric in their room until they find him under the bed. 

"Eric, come out, it is time to go." Sangyeon says. 

"No!"

"Eric, stop being a little brat and come out." Chanhee tells him. 

"No! I'm staying here."

"Eric we can either do this the easy way or the hard way." Sangyeon informs his maknae. 

Eric sticks his tongue out in response. 

"I guess we have picked the hard way." 

The hard way involves Jaehyun and Juyeon helping Sangyeon pull Eric out from under the bed. It includes a lot of kicking and screaming, but they do get him out. Once he is out, Sangyeon carries him to the car. 

"Put me down! Let go of me!" Eric whines, trying to squirm out of Sangyeon's hold. 

Sangyeon manages to get Eric to the car and buckle him in. Eric sits with his arms crossed and the biggest pout ever. 

Eric is silent the whole ride there, having accepted his fate at this point. When they do reach the dentist, Sangyeon has to carry Eric into the building because he will not move. 

The coldness that Eric had for Sangyeon before changes as soon as they step foot in the office. He clings to Sangyeon as they sit in the waiting room. 

"Eric, it is okay. The appointment will go by fast." 

When Eric's name is called, he holds onto Sangyeon even tighter and his legs start to tremble. Sangyeon his hair to calm him down and holds his hand. 

"Eric, it's okay. Would you be okay if I went with you?"

Eric nods. 

Sangyeon helps Eric get up and leads him to the room. There, they find out that Eric has a cavity and that it could be now or they could come back later.

"Eric, I think you should just get it over with now. Then you don't have to worry about any of this later." Sangyeon suggests, hoping Eric will agree because he does not want to drag Eric here a second time. 

"O-okay. I'll get it done now." Eric agrees. 

Eric has his cavity without much problems. It really helps that Sangyeon is there and holding his hand. Eric does not know how he would have managed if he were alone. 

When the cavity is taken care of, it is time to go back home. 

"Hyung?" Eric says on the ride back home. 

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for taking me to the dentist and going with me even though I was mean to you. I'm sorry I acted like I did earlier."

"That's alright. I know how scared you are of the dentist, so I expected it. I'm just glad your tooth is all better." Sangyeon smiles. 

Eric is relieved that his tooth does not hurt anymore, looks like Jacob was right. Eric really is thankful to have such a great leader.