Shadow

Prince Eric

 

One of Eric's favorite things about being in The Boyz is traveling. The only downside to that is packing, however. Eric thinks packing is boring, especially when he just got a new video game moments ago and Sangyeon is nagging him to pack. 

"Eric, you have to start packing. We're going soon. I don't want us to be late." 

"Alright." Eric replies, while still playing. 

Instead of getting up to start packing, Eric keeps smashing buttons on the controller as he plays his fighting game. 

"Eric, shouldn't you be packing? We're leaving soon, you don't want to forget to pack anything important." Younghoon says, as he passes by the living room. 

"In a minute."

"Okay, you better hurry."

Younghoon goes into his room and leaves Eric to continue his game. 

It isn't until he is called out for a third time that he packs his bags. 

"Eric, come on. We are leaving in five minutes. Hurry up and pack." Chanhee says. 

"Fine." Eric groans, so his hyungs will stop interrupting his game. 

Eric goes to his room, opens up his suitcase and throws in his clothes. Then he closes it up and goes back to his game. 

"That only took two seconds, they didn't need to rush me." Eric thinks. 

Packing fast isn't always a good idea, sure it let Eric play his game a little longer, but it made him forget something very important. 

The next night, Eric has a nightmare. 

Eric is sitting on a bench in the park watching all of the animals in the park. All of a sudden, it goes really dark, as dark as night. Eric's previous feelings of calm and happiness are now replaced with dread and fear. He can feel a presence somewhere around him, but he doesn't know what it is. 

"Eric." He hears a demonic voice call out.

Now Eric is really scared. Where is that voice coming from? 

"Eric, let's be friends." The voice says. 

Just then, Eric feels a slender hand with very long nails creep up his arm. Eric screams and runs away. 

"Come back, Eric." The voice calls as Eric continues to run. 

As Eric is running, he looks back long enough to get a glimpse of what is chasing him. He sees a dark, humanoid figure with bright red eyes, sharp white teeth, and long fingernails. It is running really fast too. 

Eric runs and runs, until he trips over a tree root. 

"Looks like I've got you now." The shadow man says, before dashing over to Eric. 

Eric abruptly wakes up, but he opens his eyes to see that same figure standing over his bed, looking down at him and smiling to show all of it's sharp teeth. Eric is so horrified, he cannot even move or scream. The figure just stands there staring at him, saying nothing and only smiling wickedly. After a few seconds, it finally vanishes and Eric can move again. Eric immediately hides his face in his pillow and begins to sob. All of a sudden, a hand touches his shoulder. 

"Get away!" Eric screams, hiding under the blanket. 

"Eric, are you okay?"

Oh, it's Haknyeon. Eric thought it was the monster again. He comes out from under the blanket and is grateful to see Haknyeon. 

"Is it okay if I sit next to you?" Haknyeon asks. 

Eric nods while still sobbing. 

As soon as Haknyeon sits down, Eric latches onto him tightly. Haknyeon puts his arm around him and rubs his back. 

"Did you have a nightmare?" 

"Yeah. I forgot to bring my teddy bear." Eric admits. 

"I'm sorry you got scared." Haknyeon says, hugging Eric. 

Haknyeon notices that Eric's head is sweaty, so he suggests they go to the bathroom to dry off. 

"Your head and face are sweaty, let's go clean you up." 

Haknyeon takes Eric's hand and sets him down in the bathroom. He gets a towel and pats Eric's face with it. He also runs the towel through Eric's hair gently, the soothing and delicate motions make Eric sleepy again. 

"Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight?" Haknyeon asks. 

"Can I, please?"

"Of course you can. Come on." 

Haknyeon lets Eric get in the bed first and then when he gets in, Eric cuddles up to him. 

"Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed, hyung. Sorry if I woke you up with my crying." Eric says. 

"Don't worry about it, squishy. I know how bad your nightmares can be. Just relax and try to go back to sleep, everything will be alright."

Haknyeon pets Eric's hair until he falls asleep, and Eric sleeps peacefully through the rest of the night thanks to his hyung.