Halloween High Jinks

Prince Eric

 

"Eric, stop the frosting off the cupcakes!" Kevin scolds Eric, taking the cupcake away from him before he can it. 

"But why? It's not like I'm eating them." Eric responds. 

"You might as well, I don't think the rest of us want to eat cupcakes covered in your spit." 

"Why not?"

"Because it's gross. I know Jacob doesn't want you to have too much sweets, but why don't you just take the four cupcakes you and go read some scary stories or do some other Halloween related activity." Kevin suggests. 

"I like that idea." Eric agrees. 

"That was your plan this whole time, wasn't it?" 

"Yes."

Kevin smiles at Eric and pinches his cheek before telling him to run off and have fun. 

"Thank you, hyung." Eric says, before going off to his room with the cupcakes. 

Once he is in his room, Eric decides to go on the internet and read some scary stories. 

Usually, these stories do not scare Eric, but this time he finds a particularly scary one. 

The story is about a killer called Garlic Man. He started off slaying evil vampires, but he soon became evil himself and now he kills humans. You know he is coming when the scent of garlic hits your nose. Then he will kill his victims with a hatchet. 

"I need to take my mind off this. Some candy should do the trick." Eric says to himself. 

Eric goes to the kitchen and takes a handful of candy to his room. After eating those twenty pieces of candy, Eric has a sugar rush and starts running around the house. He eventually runs into Sunwoo, who knows exactly what is going on. 

"Eric, I hope you didn't eat out all the candy already." Sunwoo states. 

"No, I did not. Hey, wanna play tag with me or something?" Eric asks, while jumping up and down. 

"With you hopped up on candy? I'd rather not." 

"Suit yourself." Eric responds, running down the hallway. 

Eric tries to find one of the boys to hang out with, but since they know he is hopped up on candy they know his energy levels will be even harder to keep up with than usual, so Eric just ends up running around in circles until he falls asleep. 

During his candy coma, Eric has a terrible nightmare. 

Eric hears an alarm go off and wakes up to realize that he fell asleep in one of the rooms at the company. The alarm tells him that he is late for practice, so he quickly gets up and runs to the practice room.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm-" 

Eric enters the room to see a blood bath. All of s are laying around the rooms, surrounded by pools of blood and they have blood coming from their heads. With how gruesome the scene is, Eric thinks this has to be a very realistic music video shoot or something like that. 

"Okay guys, you can stop playing around now." Eric says aloud, in denial that something is obviously wrong. 

"Guys, come on. Wake up." Eric repeats, this time with tears in his eyes. 

Suddenly, the scent of garlic begins to hit Eric's nose. He now understands what is going on. The scent gets stronger and stronger until Eric feels a presence behind him. He turns around to see Garlic Man holding his hatchet and smiling wickedly. Before Eric can even react, he strikes him with the hatchet and the next thing Eric sees is pitch black and he is unconscious. 

When Eric does regain consciousness, he still sees black, even with his eyes open. 

"Where am I?" He thinks. 

Since it is just darkness around Eric, he tries to feel what his surroundings might be. All he feels is wood around him, and he can't move his arms or legs around too much. It is like he is trapped in a wooden box, so he hits the top of the box in an attempt to open it up. After a couple of hits, dirt comes down onto Eric's face. This makes Eric stop and piece things together. Wooden box, dirt, darkness. He has been buried alive!

"Help!" Eric yells, hoping someone will hear him. 

Eric knows the chances of anyone hearing him from underground are very slim, but there is not much else he can do. Suddenly, Eric remembers what happens to the rest of the boys, and gets a vivid image of exactly what he saw. He is buried alive and his hyungs are gone, these are two of the absolute worst things that could happen to Eric. With nothing else to do, and feeling very emotional and terrified, Eric continues to scream for help while sobbing. 

"Help!!!"

"Please!! Help me!!!"

"Eric, wake up!" Eric can hear someone call. 

"Wake up!"

Eric's eyes shoot open and he sees that Jacob is standing over him, with a worried expression on his face. 

"Eric, are-" Jacob starts off, but he is cut off by Eric hugging him tightly and sobbing loudly. 

"Hyung, I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm more worried about you, babykins." Jacob says, rubbing Eric's back to calm him down. 

"Where are the rest of the hyungs?" Eric asks. 

"We're watching a movie in the living room." Jacob answers. 

Eric runs to the living room, he needs to see everyone and make sure it was all just a dream. When Eric enters the room, he lets out a sigh of relief and starts crying again. 

"Eric, what's wrong?" Jaehyun asks. 

Within seconds, all the boys are around Eric and trying to find out what happened while also comforting him. 

Eric describes his dream to them and it makes him sob even harder. 

"I was so scared that I lost you guys. It felt so real." 

"Come here, squishy." Younghoon says, with his arms out. 

Eric jumps into his hyungs arms and holds onto him tightly. 

The boys have never seen Eric this scared before, so they know he really needs them right now and they are willing to do anything to help him feel better. They decide to give Eric chamomile tea and watch his favorite unicorn movie with him in the living room. They also pass Eric around like a newborn baby and take turns holding him and comforting him. 

Eric really likes that they did this for him, being with each of them individually lets him confirm that each and every one of the members are alive and well, which means his nightmare was nothing more than just a really bad dream. 

"I'm sorry, Eric. I shouldn't have let you have all those cupcakes, I should have known it was bad for you." Kevin tells Eric, when it is his turn to hold him. 

"It's not your fault hyung, I love those cupcakes. I also kinda had some candy after that." Eric admits.

By the time Eric gets to his last member, Sunwoo, he is starting to fall asleep. In fact, he ends up falling asleep with his head laying on Sunwoo's chest. 

"Awww, look, Eric is drooling on Sunwoo's shirt." Changmin states. 

Usually Sunwoo would be disgusted by this and wake Eric up, but since Eric is now sleeping peacefully after having a terrible nightmare, Sunwoo lets it slide and pats Eric's back. Eric snuggles closer to Sunwoo in response and smiles. 

"Awww, look at our cute 2000s babies. I need to take a picture." Jacob announces. 

Jacob quickly takes a picture with his phone and then suggests that they all go to sleep, since it is getting late and Eric has finally fallen back asleep. 

"Maybe we should all sleep out here, in case Eric wakes up again." Haknyeon suggests. 

Since that is a great idea, the boys agree and end up sleeping in the living room together. 

When Eric wakes up the next morning, he finds the rest of the members in the kitchen. 

"Eric, you woke up just in time. We were just about to wake you so you could have your favorite breakfast." Chanhee says, as Eric enters the kitchen. 

"Here, munchkin, you can sit on hyung's lap." Juyeon tells Eric. 

Eric sits on his hyungs lap and then his favorite breakfast is placed in front of him. 

"Waffles stuffed with ice cream and whipped cream?! And a side of bacon?! Wait, why? It's not my birthday or anything." Eric responds. 

"We know, we just want to make sure you're okay after that dream you had last night. We've never seen you so scared and we just wanted to make sure you're happy again, so we made your favorite breakfast." Sangyeon explains. 

"Thanks guys, I'm okay. Once we all spent time together in the living room I felt better. Thanks for that, I really needed you guys." 

"No problem squishy, we will always be there for you no matter what." Jacob says, ruffling Eric's hair. 

"Now eat up. We are going to spend the whole day with you, starting with taking you to the zoo." Juyeon says, feeding Eric his waffle. 

Eric smiles widely, both because he is eating his most favorite breakfast and because he will be spending the day with his ten most favorite people in the world.