Crush

Prince Eric

 

Eric has not told anyone this, but for the past few months, he has had a huge crush on a boy in his class named Joon. Eric thinks he is the most beautiful guy in his entire school. He is just as tall as Eric, has smooth jet black hair, and the most gentle and kind smile Eric has ever seen in his life. Eric knows that people always say that Jacob is an angel, but Eric thinks that those people have never seen Joon. So when Eric gets paired with Joon for a school project, he is over taken with emotions. He is happy, nervous, and very excited to be able to spend some time with Joon even if it is just for school. He has talked with him before, not much since they only have one class together. This project is Eric's one and only chance to make Joon like him. 

"So do you want to meet up after school some time this week to go over the project?" Joon asks him, after class. 

"Oh my gosh, yes, I would love that so much! You can come over to my house." Eric says, a little too excitedly. 

"You really are excited about this project." Joon giggles. 

Eric loves that cute giggle, to him everything about Joon is cute. 

"Yeah, I love science." Eric replies, trying to play it cool. 

"Okay, how about this Friday?" Joon suggests. 

"That's perfect, I'll see you Friday after school." Eric replies. 

"Alright. See you later, Eric." Joon waves. 

"Bye." Eric replies. 

Eric watches Joon walk away and once he has turned the corner, Eric does a little victory dance. His crush is coming over to his house this Friday. Score! Wait, he has to do everything he can to make Joon like him. Looks like he will need to ask for some help with this matter, he needs his hyungs. So he decides to go to Jacob and Sangyeon for help since the two of them are married, they are the best members for this type of advice. 

After dinner that night, Eric finds Sangyeon and Jacob in their room watching television together. 

"Hyungs, can I talk to you about something?" Eric says, once he enters their room. 

"You can talk to us about anything, babykins." 

Sangyeon and Jacob move over so Eric can sit in between them. 

"So, what do you want to talk about, kiddo?" Sangyeon questions. 

"Well, there is this boy at school." Eric begins. 

"Ohh, sounds like someone has a crush." Sangyeon says. 

"Awww, our little maknae has a crush. What's his name?" Jacob adds. 

"His name is Joon, and he is so kind and pretty. I've had a crush on him for months now and I got paired with him in a school project. He's coming over this Friday so we can work on it together, and I just wanted to ask you guys for some help on what I should do that day so that he likes me." Eric explains. 

"Well, Eric, the best thing you can do is to be your cute, sweet self." Jacob advises. 

"What? Hyung, you are such a mom." Eric responds. 

"Jacob is right, squishy. If you be yourself then you will know if you and Joon are really meant to be." Sangyeon replies. 

"Okay, but what if he thinks I'm lame and doesn't like me?" Eric worries. 

"Lame? Eric, that is the exact opposite of what you are. You are the nicest, cutest, funniest, and coolest in the world." Jacob states, before he and Sangyeon attack Eric with a double tickle monster. 

"Hyungs, stop it." Eric laughs, as they tickle him. 

They eventually do stop and help Eric sit back up. 

"There is that smile that everyone loves." Sangyeon comments. 

"I bet that smile is enough to win Joon over. So stop worrying so much, you don't want to end up like Kevin and his obsession with Hyungwon." 

"Hey, I heard that!" Kevin says as he passes by. 

"We didn't mean it in a bad way." 

"Think whatever you want, but Hyungwon will be mine one day." Kevin says, before leaving. 

"Then hyung, what way did you mean it?" Eric questions. 

"I just meant that if you really like Joon you should ask him out instead of obsessing over him for months."

"Okay hyung, I'll be confident." Eric replies. 

The next day, Eric decides to hang out with Joon during lunch at school. Instead of focusing solely on the project, they get to know each other pretty well. 

"Oh my gosh, you like baseball too?" Eric asks. 

"Yeah, it's my favorite sport. I've been playing it with my dad since I was five." Joon answers. 

"Do you like video games too?"

"Of course, especially ones with aliens."

"You are so cool!" Eric exclaims, happy to have so much in common with his crush. 

At this moment, Eric can now confirm that Joon is perfect. He cannot wait for Friday, he plans to have a boyfriend by the end of the day. 

When Friday comes, Eric and Joon walk to Eric's house together after school.

"You have ten hyungs? What's that like?" Joon asks, as they walk.

"It's pretty fun. There's always someone to hang out with whenever I want to. Sometimes they baby me too much though." Eric replies. 

"Well how can they not? You are so cute." Joon says, pinching Eric's cheek lightly. 

This causes Eric to blush and giggle. Hopefully, Joon did not notice that. 

Once the two of them get to the dorm, he is greeted by Younghoon. Eric made sure to tell his hyungs not to baby him in front of Joon, so he is hoping they keep their promise this afternoon. 

"You boys are here. We cleared the kitchen table so you would have plenty of space to work on your project." Younghoon tells them. 

"Thanks hyung." Eric responds, leading Joon to the kitchen. 

The two of them sit at the kitchen table and begin to talk about their project.

"Do you have anything that you want to do for the project?" Eric questions. 

"I was thinking we could do something about the solar system, if you want to." Joon suggests. 

"Yeah, that would be fun. Let's look up some information and see what we can find." 

Joon nods and takes out his laptop. Eric wants to get closer to Joon, so he makes something up. 

"Oh man, my laptop is dead. Can I just read off yours's?" Eric asks. 

"Sure." Joon replies. 

Eric scoots over to Joon and they look up information for their project together. 

"Oh, let's focus on Jupiter!" Eric suggests. 

"That sounds like a great idea." 

Over the next couple of hours, Eric and Joon get a large portion of their project done. They have to stop around six o'clock though, because Joon's parents are here to pick him up. 

"I had fun working with you today, Eric." Joon smiles. 

"Me too. I never knew Jupiter could be so interesting."

"I guess I'll see you at school on Monday."

"Yeah." Eric replies. 

Just as Joon is about to turn around and leave, Eric suddenly calls out to him.

"Joon, wait. Before you go, I want to ask you something."

"Yes, Eric?"

"I.... I really like you, and I mean more than just a friend. I've had a crush on you for months now and now that I've gotten to know you even more, I like you even more. Will.... will you go out with me?" 

Joon just stands there silent for a moment, making Eric even more nervous. I hopes that he will not reject him. 

"Me? Really? You want me to be your boyfriend?"

Eric nods in response. 

"Oh my gosh, yes! A million times yes!" Joon replies, hugging Eric. 

"Really?"

"Yes. I've had a crush on you for a while too, Eric. I've always thought you are so cute, cool, and funny since I first saw you." Joon explains. 

"Oh, Eric, you've made me so happy. I can't wait to write about this in my diary. I'll see on Monday morning, boyfriend." Joon adds, kissing Eric's cheek before leaving. 

"See you, boyfriend." Eric says, smiling widely at hearing himself say those words.