Just One Day

Prince Eric

 

Eric has been dating Joon for about five months now, and he absolutely loves it. The two of them don't get to spend every single day together outside of school, but they work around Eric's schedule and try to spend as much time together as possible. One Thursday, Eric is free for a little while after school, so he decides that he and Joon should have a picnic at the park. 

The two of them walk to the park hand in hand after school, where they meet Haknyeon. 

"You two have fun. Don't forget, Eric, you have to be at the company by four o'clock." Haknyeon says, handing Eric the picnic basket. 

"I know hyung, I have my watch set to go off later." Eric replies, taking the basket. 

"Alright, see you later." Haknyeon nods, before walking off to the company. 

"Come on, Joonie. Let's go to that hill over there." 

Joon follows Eric to said hill and the two of them set up the picnic blanket before sitting down together. 

"Joonie, I'm so excited for you to see the lunch that I packed, I made most of it myself. Except for the cookies, I needed a little help with that." Eric admits. 

"Well, I'm sure that it will be great since you made it." Joon compliments. 

"I made a salad with lettuce, ham, cucumbers, and bacon. I also made these cute little peanut butter and jelly sandwich bites on a stick." 

Eric hands Joon his bowl of salad and the peanut butter and jelly kabobs. The kabob has a sandwich cut into small squares, banana slices, and grapes on it. 

"Ricky, these little kabobs are so cute. You know how much I love peanut butter." 

"And here is your juice box." 

"Thank you, Ricky. This picnic was so sweet of you."

"I'm just glad we could spend a little time together. I love being with you." Eric responds, holding Joon closely and kissing the top of his head. 

After eating their lunch, the two of them decide to go on the playground together. 

"Race you down the slide!" Eric exclaims, as he runs over to it. 

"Hey, you cheater! You got a head start!" Joon calls after him. 

Eric is far ahead and just about to get to the stairs leading up to the slide, when he hears Joon call out to him. 

"Eric, help! I fell!" 

Eric, seeing his boyfriend on the floor, immediately runs over to check on him. 

"Joonie, are you okay?" Eric asks. 

All of a sudden, Joon takes Eric's arm and pulls him down to the ground before running off. Eric lays there in shock before getting up and running to beat Joon to the slide. He just does not have enough time, and Joon makes it down the slide before Eric even arrives. 

"Hey, you set me up." Eric says, once he catches up with Joon at the bottom of the slide. 

"I know, but you cheated first with your head start." Joon points out. 

"I guess you have a point. Since we are running around like this, do you want to play tag?" Eric asks. 

"Tag, you're it." Joon answers, running away. 

"Get back here!" Eric yells, chasing after him. 

Eric has to admit, even though he has so much energy, Joon is really fast. Well, he is on the track team so that would explain things. Unfortunately for Eric, he does not end up catching Joon until he gets tired. 

"Okay, Eric. I think that is enough tag, I won anyway." Joon says, now back at the picnic blanket. 

Instead of giving in, Eric runs into Joon and causes the two of them to fall down together. 

"I got you." Eric brags. 

"Alright, alright. It looks like you won, so you get a special prize." 

"What do I win?"

"A kiss." Joon replies, leaning in closer to touch his lips to Eric's. 

Eric is surprised for a few seconds before kissing Joon back, which lasts a good while. 

The only reason they stop is because Eric's watch goes off, beeping loudly. 

"We only have five minutes left. What do you want to do before we leave?" Eric states. 

"How about we just hang out on the swings?" Joon suggests. 

Eric nods in agreement and the two of them pack up the picnic materials before going over to the swings, where they look at the scenery and talk. 

"For our next date we could go bowling together." Eric blurts out. 

"I've never been bowling before, it looks like fun though. I can't wait to go with you, my cutie wutie Ricky." Joon responds. 

"Joonie, you sound like my hyungs." Eric whines. 

"I'm sorry you're just so cute." 

"And you're absolutely beautiful."

"Ricky, stop it." Joon giggles. 

"I mean it, you're like my prince. A prince from a fairytale."

Eric's watch beeps again, indicating that they now have one minute left. 

"Come on, let's start walking back to the entrance." Eric says, with his hand out for Joon. 

Joon accepts and they stroll back to the gate. 

"Thanks so much for taking me on this picnic, Eric. This was so romantic of you. I can't wait for our next date." 

"Me neither. Text me when you get home, alright?"

"I will. See you at school tomorrow." Joon responds. 

"See you, Joonie." Eric says, before giving Joon a quick good bye kiss. 

They go their separate ways and Eric walks to the company with one of the biggest smiles in the world on his face. Eric really cherishes his dates with Joon, he loves having a boyfriend like him in his life.