From One Maknae To Another

Prince Eric

 

"Coming over to your dorm to play is so much fun." Eric says, as he grabs a card from the pile. 

"You know, we should go to your house one of these days." Eric's friend Jasper suggests. 

"It is further away from school than your dorm, but I'm sure you can come over when I ask my hyungs." Eric replies. 

"You can ask him today, when he comes to pick you up." 

"Alright."

Half an hour later, Jacob comes to pick Eric up. 

"Jacob hyung, can Jasper come over next week?" Eric asks.

"Well, as long as it is okay with his leader." Jacob says, turning to the guy who answered the door.

"Sure, whatever." 

"Okay. You two can hang out next week." 

Eric says bye to Jasper before leaving with Jacob. 

A week later, Eric and Jasper have their sleepover. When Eric returns home, he and his friend enjoy Eric's usual after school snack together. 

"Whoa. You get milk and cookies after school?"

"Yeah, don't you?"

"No, never. I just do my homework when I get home." Jasper answers. 

Thankfully, the two of them don't have any homework tonight, so they can get straight to playing video games. Eric surprisingly wins all of the video game matches. This has never happened to him before, he usually loses when he plays against anyone who is not Kevin. 

"I have never won this much in my life."

"Well, that's probably because I have never played this game before." 

"But I thought you had it."

"I do, but my hyungs don't really play with me. They're always busy doing something else and I don't want to bother them, so I never actually play the game."

"Boys, dinner." Jacob calls. 

"Whoa, we have been playing for that long already?"

"I guess so. Come on, let's go get ready for dinner."

Eric and Jasper wash their hands and sit with the boys at the table. Younghoon hands them their dinner plates. 

"Thank you." They both say. 

"You're welcome." He smiles. 

"Do you want some more vegetables?"

"But we already have so many vegetables on our plates." Eric whines. 

"I'll take some more."

"See Eric, your friend knows that veggies are good for him." Jaehyun says. 

"Well, I like meat better." Eric replies. 

After dinner, Juyeon helps Eric and Jasper build a fort in the living room. 

"Do you think Sangyeon hyung will let us sleep in this tonight?" Eric asks Juyeon. 

"Maybe. I will go ask him." Juyeon says, walking away as Eric and Jasper put more pillows and blankets inside. 

"Wow, your hyung makes really sturdy forts." 

"Yeah, Juyeon hyung is the best." Eric replies. 

"Guys, Sangyeon said you could sleep here tonight." Juyeon tells them. 

"Yay!"

Eric and Jasper read comic books and play phone games before having to get ready for bed. 

"Okay, Eric, it is the seventh. Time to do your nails." Chanhee says, entering the living room. 

"You get a manicure? I've always wondered what one was like." Jasper comments. 

"I could give you one too." Chanhee says. 

"Really?"

"Of course. I should get Jacob to brush your hair for you guys too." 

So, Jacob brushes Eric's hair and sings to him in English while Chanhee gives Jasper a manicure. When they are done, they switch. 

"Okay boys, time for bed now. Does anyone want some warm milk?" Sangyeon asks. 

"No, I'm good."

"Me too."

Jacob kisses their foreheads good night before leaving the fort with Sangyeon. 

When they wake up the next morning, Kevin and Changmin make breakfast for them before Sangyeon and Jacob drop them off at school. 

"Have fun at school kiddos." Sangyeon waves. 

As the two of them walk into school and to their lockers, Jasper brings something up. 

"Eric, you are so lucky."

"Why?"

"Your hyungs do so much for you. I wish mine made me after school snacks, built me forts, and brushed  my hair while singing me foreign lullabies. Your hyungs really care about you." 

"Your hyungs don't do that for you?" Eric questions, he thought that all maknaes got treated like he does. 

"No. They barely notice me. I wish they would spend more time with me." 

"Well, maybe Jacob hyung has an idea on what you guys can do to be closer. We can ask him after school when he comes to pick me up." Eric says, closing his locker and walking to class with Jasper. 

When school is over, Eric and Jasper wait for Sangyeon and Jacob to show up. 

"Hyungs! We need your help with something." Eric announces, as they walk over. 

"What's wrong?"

"Can you help us? Jasper and his hyungs aren't really close and we wanted your help on changing that."

"Eric, you can't just make people close."

"Of course you can, we just need to find out why they aren't close. Let's go talk to them right now." Jacob says. 

"Now?"

"Yes." Jacob responds, dragging Eric and Jasper behind him.

When they get to the dorm, Jacob speaks with the group leader and asks him why he is not close with Jasper. 

"I don't know, he just seems very independent. I always thought he preferred to be alone most of the time."

"But I still want attention. We never hang out or do anything together besides perform. You guys are always working on your music. I just want to spend time with you guys once in a while." Jasper replies. 

The leader sits there, silent for a moment. 

"Maybe we don't spend enough time together now that I think about it. If you really want to, we can pick a day each week where we spend the whole day together, no music or homework in the way, just you and your six hyungs." The leader suggests. 

"I'd love that." 

Jasper thanks Jacob and Eric for helping him with his hyungs. Eric is happy to see Jasper get closer to having the hyungs that every maknae deserves.