Miss You

Prince Eric

 

One evening, after finishing his homework, Eric decides to go see Juyeon. It feels like Eric has not seen him in forever with how busy Juyeon has been lately. Eric enters his room to see Juyeon packing, which he finds strange. They don't have to travel anywhere anytime soon, so what could he be packing for?

"Hey hyung, what's up?"

"Just packing."

"For what?" Eric asks. 

"To go to Japan. I have to host The Show over there." Juyeon explains. 

"What?! How long are you going to be gone for?"

"A few days, I leave tonight." 

"Noooo!" Eric whines, holding onto Juyeon. 

"But, I'll miss you. We haven't hung out in weeks." Eric adds. 

"I know, but we can hang out when I get back. I'm sure the few days will go by fast." Juyeon replies, patting Eric's head. 

When Juyeon leaves that night, Eric gives him a hug, but will not let go. 

"You have to let Juyeon go now, chum chum." Haknyeon tells Eric.

"But I don't want him to go." 

"We know, but he will only be gone for a few days. Now let go, we don't want him to be late." Sangyeon says, prying Eric off. 

"Don't worry, squishy, I will try to call you." Juyeon says. 

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Eric nods, feeling somewhat better knowing Juyeon will call.

For the rest of the night, Eric sits by the phone, waiting for it to ring.

"Eric, come on, it's time to start getting ready for bed." Chanhee says. 

"But what if hyung calls?"

"He is on a plane, he won't call yet, and the more you wait around the longer the wait will feel." 

Eric gives in and gets ready for bed. As he is laying in bed that night, Eric can't sleep. He just tosses and turns, so he asks Mr. Cuddlesworth what he should do.

"Mr. Cuddlesworth, I can't sleep."

"Why is that, Eric?"

"Because I miss Juyeon hyung. This is just like when Sangyeon hyung and Jacob hyung went on their honeymoon and they were gone for a week. I don't know what I should do to not miss him." Eric answers. 

"I got an idea! How about we sleep in Juyeon's bed tonight? It might make you feel better." Mr. Cuddlesworth suggests. 

"That's a good idea!"

Eric slips out of his bed and into Juyeon's. It does make him feel a bit better, and he finally gets some rest. 

The next day, Eric just lays on the couch in the living room, staring at the blank television. 

"Babykins, come on. I know you miss Juyeon, but you can still spend time with the rest of us." Jacob says. 

"Yeah. Do you not like us or something? Younghoon pouts. 

"No, I love all of you guys. I just relate to Juyeon the most. When I was little I always imagined having a brother, and Juyeon is just like the one in my imagination." Eric explains. 

"We understand. How about we each do something with you to keep your mind off things?" Sangyeon suggests. 

"Sure."

"I know a great way to start off the day, Changmin and I can pick out a cute outfit for you." Chanhee says. 

Eric allows them to go through his wardrobe. There are so many things to choose from, but the two of them end up picking a pair of shorts, and red baseball cap, and Eric's custom made 'I love my hyungs' sweater for him to wear. 

"Oh my gosh! You are too adorable, my little gummy bear." Jacob coos, pinching both of Eric's cheeks. 

"Thank you hyung."

"Now that you're dressed, do you want to run some errands with hyung?" Jacob asks. 

"Jacob, we are supposed to be cheering him up, not boring him." Kevin intervenes. 

"Fine. I will run my errands and come back so we can go to the park."

"Come on, squishy, let's go paint." Kevin says, leading Eric to the kitchen. 

Eric loves painting, especially finger painting. While Kevin paints an elaborate image with a brush, Eric paints sunflowers with his finger. 

"This is a masterpiece, Eric. I will hang it on the fridge when it dries." 

Eric smiles at the praise from his artistic hyung. 

The next activity for Eric is to go to the park, where he has fun playing hide-and-seek, catch, and tag with s. 

Later that day, the boys decide to watch one of his favorite movies. Even though it is his favorite, Eric falls asleep before it is done. The boys all gush over how cute Eric looks, sitting on Jaehyun's lap and wearing matching pajamas with Mr. Cuddlesworth. So, of course they take photos before Jaehyun carries him to bed. 

When Eric wakes up in the morning, he doesn't feel as bad as yesterday, but he is still not completely happy. He misses Juyeon. Fortunately for him, Juyeon calls in the middle of the day. 

"Eric, phone call for you." Sunwoo says, handing Eric the phone. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, Eric. It's hyung." 

"Juyeon!" Eric exclaims, happy to hear his voice. 

"You called! You really called!"

"I promised you I would. So how are things going?"

"Good. The hyungs are giving me lots of attention, but I still miss you."

"I miss you and the boys too, but I will be back soon. Then I will take you to get some ice cream and play baseball with you. How does that sound?"

"That sounds so cool!" 

"Good. Now, be a good maknae to your hyungs. I know you are upset because all of us are usually always together, but the boys all love you and want you to be happy." Juyeon says. 

"I know."

"Okay, see you soon hyung." 

They both say bye to each other before hanging up. Eric smiles widely as he puts back the phone. 

"Someone looks really happy now." Changmin points out. 

"I am, Juyeon is coming soon and he is going to take me to play baseball and get ice cream." 

"I'm glad you are getting back to normal." 

Juyeon actually comes back sooner than expected. He returns in the middle of that night to see Eric asleep in his bed with Mr. Cuddlesworth. Juyeon is too tired to wake Eric up, and Eric looks too cute to wake up, so Juyeon just lays with him. 

When Eric wakes up in the morning, Juyeon is right next to him. 

"Hyung!!" Eric yells. 

Juyeon wakes up due to the outburst and Eric hugs him. 

"I missed you too, chum chum. In fact, I brought you a present." Juyeon says, once Eric lets go of him. 

"Close your eyes."

Eric covers his eyes with his hands. 

"Okay, open them now." 

Eric uncovers his eyes and sees that Juyeon is holding a blue teddy bear. 

"It's a teddy bear made out of a towel. They had them in the hotel room."

"This is so cool, I love teddy bears! Thank you Juyeon hyung." Eric replies, hugging Juyeon again. 

"I'm so glad you're back. Now all of us are together again." Eric smiles, happy that the group is now complete again.