Mini Yeon

Prince Eric

 

"Look Teddy, a stick. Go fetch!" Eric says to the beagle. 

He watches the dog run across the backyard and bring it back to him. 

"Yay! You got it, you're such a smart doggie." Eric says, picking the dog up and holding him. 

The other beagle, Bear comes over and wants to join the fun too, so Eric sits down and the two dogs immediately tackle him. 

"Guys, stop it, that tickles." Eric giggles, as the dogs his face and crawl all over him. 

"Eric, it's time to come inside, munchkin." Jacob calls from the back door. 

"Already?" Eric responds, getting up and walking back into the house with the dogs following him. 

"It's almost time to go, kiddo. Juyeon should be here to pick you up soon." Sangyeon says, fixing Eric's hair as walks into the kitchen.

"Hyungie, I'm hungry." Eric tells Jacob. 

"But Juyeon is going to come get you in ten minutes, and I bet he will take you to eat before the two of you go fishing. You don't want to spoil your appetite." Jacob replies. 

"Can't I just have some cookies?"

"Cookies? Yeah right, I can't let you go to Juyeon all hopped up on sugar. How about I give you some beef jerky?" 

"Yeah!" Eric answers, happily. 

Jacob takes out the tin of beef jerky and puts some pieces on a plate for Eric. 

"Here you go, gummy bear." 

"Thank you hyung." 

Eric sits in the kitchen and eats his beef jerky while watching the dogs play tug-of-war with one of their toys. 

By the time he is done with his snack, there is a ring at the door. 

"Juyeon hyung!" 

Eric runs to the door and answers it before Jacob and Sangyeon can even get up. 

"Hyung! You're here." Eric replies, hugging Juyeon when he opens the door. 

"Are you ready to go fishing?"

"Yeah, I can't wait."

"Did you have fun at Sangyeon and Jacob's house?" Juyeon asks. 

Eric nods and tells him about how he played with the dogs. 

"I guess we have to let go of you now. Huh, squishy?" Sangyeon says, walking up to the door with Jacob. 

"Thanks for letting me spend time at your house, hyungs." 

"You're welcome, babykins." Jacob smiles. 

"Have fun with Juyeon this weekend. We'll see you guys Monday evening." Sangyeon says, waving goodbye as the two of them leave. 

"What are we going to do first, hyung?" Eric questions excitedly. 

Eric can't wait to spend the whole weekend with his favorite hyung. At first, being the only member not going on some kind of vacation away from the dorm seemed lame, but that changed when he found out Juyeon would be with him. 

"I figured you must have worked up an appetite playing with the puppies, so we are going to get lunch first. What do you want to eat?"

"Can we get burgers and fries?" Eric suggests. 

Juyeon agrees and takes Eric to the closest burger place. Afterwards, they go to the pond to go fishing, one of Eric's favorite things to do with Juyeon. 

"Can I row this time, hyung?" Eric asks, as the two of them get into the small boat. 

"Sure." Juyeon replies, gesturing for Eric to sit down on the appropriate spot. 

Eric rows them out to a spot that he thinks will be good and they wait with their lines in the water. 

"When do you think they'll show up?" Eric brings up, after about twenty minutes. 

"Eric, you have to whisper if you're going to talk. Remember?"

"Oh, sorry." Eric whispers back. 

"I'm sure some fish will show up soon." 

About ten minutes later, the two of them meet the king of fish.... at least for this pond. 

Juyeon suddenly gets a bite, and it is a big one because it kinda pulls the boat forward at first. 

"Whoa! That fish must be huge!" Eric states, as Juyeon pulls the line. 

"Yeah, he's pretty heavy." 

Soon, Juyeon ends up reeling the fish in, and it is huge.

"Oh my gosh, look at that fish! He is almost as big as me!" Eric exclaims. 

"We have to take a picture. The guys will never believe us if we don't take one."

Juyeon takes the fish off the hook and holds it so Eric can take the photo. After Eric gets some pictures, they release the fish back into the pond. 

"Goodbye king fishie." Eric waves, as the fish swims away. 

"Hyung, that was so cool! You reeled in that mega large fish. I always knew you were cool, but now you are even cooler." Eric says, hugging Juyeon. 

Maybe some of Juyeon's coolness will rub off on him if they are this close.

"Thanks squishy." Juyeon responds, patting Eric's back. 

Later, when Juyeon and Eric return home, Eric texts all of the members and tells them about what happened. He also talks to Felix about it when they play Club Penguin together later. He even tells his teddy bear about it. Pretty much anyone that will listen has to hear Eric talk about this. He is just so happy about this that he even has trouble sleeping later. 

"Okay, chum chum. Time for bed." Juyeon announces, entering Eric's room. 

"But I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about how great today was."

"How about I read to you? Maybe that will help you sleep." Juyeon suggests. 

"Alright. Let's read in your room."

The two of them go to Juyeon's room and lay in Juyeon's bed so he can read to Eric. 

Eric lays his head on Juyeon's chest as he begins reading a story to him. Eric falls asleep so fast that he does not even remember what the story was about. 

When Eric wakes up the next day, he finds his hyung in the kitchen. 

"Hi, hyungie." Eric greets him. 

"Hey, squishy. I'm making eggs for breakfast."

"Can I have a poptart too?" Eric asks. 

Just as Eric says that, a poptart comes out of the toaster.

"Already knew that you wanted one." Juyeon smiles, handing the poptart over to Eric on a plate. 

Eric is amazed at how Juyeon can just read his mind like that. Maybe his hyung has superpowers. Either way, he is the coolest hyung ever.

For the rest of the day, Juyeon and Eric spend time together watching television, playing board games, and going to the park. 

The next day, all of the boys are back at the dorm and Eric's bonding time with his hyung is over. Eric always knew that Juyeon was his favorite, but spending the whole weekend with him has made Eric realize that Juyeon is even more amazing than he thought. Eric wants to be just like him. Maybe if he follows him around some of his greatness really will rub off on him. 

"Eric, we missed you babykins." Jacob tells Eric when he and Sangyeon return.

"I missed you guys too."

"You wanna go get some ice cream, kiddo?" Sangyeon asks. 

Eric thinks about that, but he would rather be with Juyeon. 

"Thanks, but I wanna hang out with Juyeon." Eric answers, before walking away to see what he is up to. 

Eric finds Juyeon in his room, building a puzzle. 

"Hi, hyungie, Can I help you with the puzzle?"

"Sure." Juyeon nods, making room for the maknae. 

"What's it gonna be?" Eric asks, as he places a piece in its place. 

"It's supposed to be a farm when it's done." Juyeon says, showing Eric the box. 

Eric helps Juyeon with about half of the puzzle before suggesting he takes Eric to get ice cream. 

"I took you to get ice cream yesterday, squishy." Juyeon says. 

"I want ice cream again." Eric smiles. 

"Hyung said no. Maybe one of the hyungs can make a sundae for you after dinner. Now come here." Juyeon responds, bringing Eric closer to him. 

"I want this hyungie to make a sundae for me." Eric says, pointing to Juyeon. 

"But all of your hyungs are back now, one of them can do it."

"I want you to." Eric pouts. 

"Oh, alright. Let's get back to finishing this puzzle though." Juyeon says, pinching Eric's cheek. 

That night, Eric wakes up to get a glass of water. After doing so, he decides to go to Juyeon's room. He wants to sleep in his bed again, so he sneaks into his room and cuddles up next to him quietly. It's not like this is anything new or strange, Eric sometimes goes in the other member's beds when there is a really bad thunderstorm or he has had a horrifying nightmare. 

When Juyeon wakes up the next day, he sees Eric is sleeping next to him. 

"Probably had a nightmare." Juyeon thinks, before getting up. 

"Hyungie! Where are you going?" Eric blurts out, startling Juyeon. 

"I was going to head out early to get some extra practice in." Juyeon explains. 

"Can I go with you?" Eric asks. 

Juyeon thinks this is kinda weird, Eric doesn't like to practice more than he has to, especially so early in the morning when he could be sleeping or doing literally anything else. 

"You sure you want to come practice with me chum chum? You can just sleep for another hour and go with the rest of the boys."

"But I wanna go with you. I wanna practice too."

"Well, alright." 

The two of them get dressed and head to the company to practice. As much as Eric hates practice, at least he gets to see Juyeon's impressive dance skills. He even ends up getting praise from his hyung when he does a move he was previously having trouble with. 

"Good job, squishy. I told you that you would get it eventually." Juyeon smiles, ruffling Eric's hair. 

A few minutes later, the rest of the boys show up. 

"You guys are here early." Changmin states. 

"We're practicing." Eric responds. 

The boys know Eric is not too fond of practice. This is weird, so Jaehyun decides to confront Juyeon about what is going on with Eric. Mostly because he and the rest of the boys are jealous that Juyeon gets to spend all the time with Eric. 

"Come on, munchkin. I brought you some orange juice, I know how much you need orange juice in the morning." Younghoon says, guiding Eric to another room. 

The next thing Juyeon knows, the rest of the boys are looking at him with somewhat angry looks. 

"What's wrong?" He breaks the silence. 

"You have been hogging Eric a lot lately." Haknyeon says. 

"Yeah, he was with you all day yesterday. We wanted to play video games with him yesterday." Sunwoo adds. 

"You two already spent the whole weekend together. I know our maknae is adorable, but you can at least share, Juyeon." Sangyeon chimes in. 

All of these statements from the boys make Juyeon really see that Eric has been hanging out with him even more than usual. However, he does not think it is that big of a deal. 

"I'm sure he will go back to hanging out with all of us eventually." Juyeon tells them. 

Before anyone can say anything else, Eric runs back into the room. 

"Hyungie!" He exclaims. 

The rest of the boys all look at him, hoping he is talking to one of them. 

Of course, he runs to Juyeon and hugs him. 

"I'm back." Eric states, still holding onto his hyung. 

The boys all look at Juyeon as if they want him to say something to Eric, but he really does not know what to do. Juyeon just ruffles Eric's hair in response. 

"Hey, did I tell you guys about that big fish that hyungie caught?"

"You might have mentioned it once.... or five billion times." Kevin says. 

Eric begins to tell them the story once again, not forgetting to mention how amazing Juyeon is. 

Maybe Juyeon should have listened to the members when they talked to him that day, because the Eric situation soon gets out of hand. Eric will just not give his hyung space. He follows him everywhere and is always sleeping in his bed at night. Eric even starts dressing like Juyeon, mostly taking Juyeon's clothes in order to do so. This has been going on for a week now. As much as Juyeon loves the maknae, you can only be around someone so much before you have had enough. 

When Eric is watching Juyeon practice one afternoon, he hears a knock on the door. Since Eric is closer to the door and Juyeon is busy, Eric decides to get it. 

"Hi, Changmin hyung."

"Hi, squishy. Is Juyeon here? We are supposed to go over the new dance routine today."

"Umm. Hyung is busy right now. He said he will be ready in a few hours from now." Eric lies. 

Changmin seems confused, but chooses to believe Eric anyway. 

"Okay. If he is ready anytime soon, I will be in my room." Changmin says. 

"What was that about, Eric?" Juyeon asks, after Eric closes the door. 

"Changmin said it was time for you two to work on the new routine, but I told him you were busy so me and you could still hang out." Eric explains, happily. 

"What?! Eric, you can't just lie about important stuff like that." 

"But now we can be together longer." Eric smiles. 

Seems like the boys were right, it is time to stop Eric. Juyeon is about to begin his lecture when he looks at Eric, who is wearing the exact same outfit as Juyeon, jeans with a gray hoodie and a black baseball cap. The only difference is that since Eric is wearing Juyeon's clothing, it is a little big on him so the hoodie sleeves go over his hands. In any other circumstance, this would be absolutely adorable, but right now it just shows how far Eric is taking this whole thing. He is like Patrick dressing up like and copying Spongebob. If he does not stop this now, pretty soon Eric might be copying Juyeon's every single movement and repeating everything he says. However, Juyeon still can't completely deny that Eric is cute in the oversized clothes as his little mini me, but he must focus and confront Eric. 

"Eric, come here. We need to talk about something." Juyeon says, motioning for Eric to come sit next to him. 

Instead of sitting next to him, Eric sits in his lap. 

"No, Eric. Hyung wants you to sit here." Juyeon says, using a firm voice so Eric will listen. 

"What's wrong hyung?" Eric asks, now sitting in front of Juyeon. 

"Eric, we have been spending a lot of time together."

"I know, it has been fun."

"Yeah, but you know that saying about how too much of a good thing can actually be bad?" Juyeon questions. 

"What do you mean hyung? Do you not want to hang out with me anymore? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. I like hanging out with you, I just need some space is all. The other boys want to spend time with you too you know, I'm not your only hyung."

"But I want to spend a lot of time with you so that I can be just like you. I want to be cool too."

"Eric, you don't need to be like me to be cool. You are already the coolest maknae on Earth to me." Juyeon tells Eric. 

"Whoa. Really hyung?" Eric asks. 

"Of course you are. You are especially cool when you are being yourself."

"That means a lot coming from you. I guess I will stop following you and copying you then. I'm sorry things got out of hand, hyung. I just had so much fun over the weekend that we spent together."

"I know, but you should make sure that you spend time with all of your hyungs equally. We all love you and want to spend time with you." Juyeon replies. 

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Juyeon says, hugging Eric. 

"Can we still dress up in matching clothes sometimes though? It is so fun!" 

"Sure. You look so precious as my little mini me sometimes." Juyeon replies, pinching Eric's cheek. 

Eric smiles in return. 

"So, will you let me practice with Changmin now?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna go see if the other maknaes want to play some video games or get the hyungs to take us to the trampoline park. Have fun, hyungie." Eric replies. 

Juyeon smiles at Eric and pats his head before he leaves to go hang out with someone else. Before hanging out though, Eric needs to track down every member and tell them about how Juyeon said he was cool, which is a moment he will never forget.