Breaking Through the Great Wall of China

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



'Tao-zi~! Breakfast's ready!!' Sehun trilled from the living room. After a few impatient moments of tapping his foot, he scampered to their bedroom and sprawled out over a small sleeping form. In response, Zitao screamed and hollered for help, thrashing about wildly. The two children were caught up in the comic-character bedsheets when Junmyeon burst into the room, bewildered - his tie was hanging loosely from his neck, his collar wasn't straight and his white shirt was ed. He reached out carefully to untangle the two, softly begging them to stay still. At some point in the frenzy, Zitao kicked his father's jaw. Junmyeon groaned and tried to pry the fighters apart. Yixing threw the door open, screaming over the fuss for them to stop. His eyes widened and words died in his throat as he took in the view of Junmyeon's striped boxer-shorts slowly travelling down his legs - Sehun refused to stop tugging the adult. Yixing muttered 'pull your cover up' in his lover's ear and calmly freed the two bickering children. The moment they were free, Zitao jumped toward Sehun, trying to claw him. Sehun clambered up an exasperated Junmyeon desperately, laughing at the younger's plight. 

 

'Zitao! Stop it right now!!' Yixing firmly said. Not at all used to being scolded, the boy looked up with wide eyes and sniffed. He cried slowly and backed away, apologizing profusely. Yixing's eyes immediately softened and lost their frown, but Zitao refused to get close to the Chinese. Junmyeon set Sehun on Yixing's lap and bent down, spreading his arms wide and smiling warmly. Zitao hesistated for a bit and ran into his arms, bawling into his shoulder. Junmyeon cradled the boy, singing softly into his ear and wiping the tears away. Biting the insides of his cheeks, Yixing scolded Sehun mildly for starting the mess and retreated to the kitchen. 

 

'Is baba angry with me?' Zitao sniffled after some time. 'I like baba. I don't want to anger baba like the others. I want to be baba's lucky child.' 

Junmyeon kissed Zitao many times, assuring him Yixing would never push him away. Sehun hugged Junmyeon's neck from behind, voicing his concern. 

'Is baba angry with me, then?'

'No, Se-se. Appa shall talk to baba and everything will be fine. Now go eat, both of you! There's egg-curry and bread for breakfast.'

Sehun blinked at Zitao awkwardly before dragging him by the hand. They hugged each other tightly the moment they entered the kitchen, cautiously edging toward their side of the table. Noticing this, Yixing felt pain stab his heart and approached them with a small smile. 

'I'm sorry, both of you. I didn't want to scare you. Please forgive me?'

Sehun immediately kissed Yixing's cheek and hugged him. Thinking it safe since Sehun was comfortable, Zitao shuffled his feet toward Yixing and placed a feather-light kiss on his jaw. The adult's dimples stretched as he pulled the two boys in for a hug. He attacked them with tickles and kisses. Junmyeon joined in a few moments later. Soon, the kitchen was resounding with chirpy laughter.     

 

 

 

 

 

'Baba.'

'It will be fine, it's playschoool! I'll pick you up at one, okay?'

Zitao curled his fingers, counting slowly and gasped. 'That's three hours!!'

'It'll be fine, baby. I'll give you a pastry if you be a good boy.'

'... baba? Am I a bad boy otherwise?'

'No, Tao-zi. You're an angel,' Yixing smiled. Zitao frowned. 

'I wanna be a panda. Because they're fluffy and I saw them once.'

'... okay. You're a baby panda. Now go,' he patted the child's back coaxingly. Zitao sloppily kissed his father's dimple and bounced off to the play-section, eyeing a peacock crown with interest. 

 

 

 

 

'So, what's the boy like? He looks so cute~!' Jongdae sang. Minseok leaned his cheek against his husband's bony shoulder and smiled at Zitao's photos - Yixing already took fifty photos of the child with different expressions. They shared stories, fondly reminiscing about their firsts with Sehun and Luhan. 

 

 

 

'Oh?'

'Yeah,' Jongdae sipped some coffee and nodded. 'Luhan's dad was apparently in the Chinese army, but... you know... passed away. His mother was devastated and poor, having to pay taxes and debts off. She was working in Korea as a florist. Her business ultimately ran down and went bad - she was going thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter