Squirtle

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

'Baba?'

Yixing knelt on one knee and smiled at his younger son. 

'Yes, Tao-zi?'

'Can we make chocolates today? Because I saw a picture of it on someone's table yesterday,' Zitao made circles on the ground with his shoe and pouted. Yixing kissed the boy's forehead and chuckled. 

'Of course, Zitao. Now hurry! You have to teach me origami today!!'

The boy grinned and lightly kissed his Chinese father's eye before skipping off to his teacher. Yixing awkwardly turned when he felt someone bump hard against the back of his legs. 

'Wha--- Ah, good morning, Kyungsoo!!'

'I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I... HE PUSHED ME!' the wide-eyed boy frantically flailed his arms about and declared, pointing to a surprised Luhan. 

 

'I did not!! I... HE pushed me!' the Chinese pointed to a clueless Jongin repeatedly. Jongin looked up from the caterpillar he was playing with and looked around. Frowning at the finger, he shrugged and pointed to Sehun, who vehemently denied the blame and shifted it to Baekhyun. 

 

'But Sehun-ah... Baekhyun is with his mother!'

The four children turned to the kindergarten section of the school and protested childishly. Baekhyun ultimately lost to his urge and skipped back to the crowd, happily munching on a chocolate stick. 

'Baba, he pushed me so I pushed Jongin and---'

'I did nothing! I was playing with Grimy~!' Jongin reminded and held his fist up. 

'---but Jongin was kneeling so I fell over him and hit Lulu-hyung, who hit Kyungsoo-hyung, who hit you...' Sehun trailed off. Yixing grimaced and got a handkerchief out, fretting over Jongin's now-slimy hand. 

'Where's Grimy?' he pouted. 

'Grimy... is uhm... all over your hand, Jongin-ah,' Yixing grimaced again as he wiped remenents of the caterpillar off the boy's curled hand. Sehun tugged at Yixing's shoulder, shrilly accussing Baekhyun. Baekhyun grinned guiltily at Luhan, who nonchalantly seated himself on Yixing's knee and began singing a Chinese rhyme. Kyungsoo made a weird face at Jongin's hand, clutching the shoulder-pad of Yixing's suit. 

 

'Children! Let's go!!' Eunji called out and waved at Yixing. The children joined two lines and pushed each other as they followed their respective teachers. Yixing pocketed his dirty handkerchief and shook his head. 

'Hey, Eunji... I have a favour to ask of you...' he started, watching Luhan leave for the Foreign Students section of the huge school. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon his non-existant beard and frowned at the documents laid before him. What exactly was he to do? A couple of teenagers were whisked away for a day by their adult-friends, who took them to a beach resort and got drunk and vandalised everything - just a bunch of crass, careless teenagers letting loose. The adults were slapped with a fine of 16,850 Won each and all four had to do community service for six months. That's all there was to it, right? 

 

'But, no. Oh, NO. The parents want a 'lesser' punishment for the teenagers?!' Junmyeon grumbled into his palm and sighed. He was talking to himself - he must be going mental now. 

 

Kim Junmyeon, as one must have gathered by now, was frustrated. He handled almost nine different cases in one day, all thanks to his boss wanting a vacation to himself. And this ninth case, despite being very simple, finally made him snap. He ran a hand over his face and got to work, typing out a reason as to why the parents were denied their request. 

'Hey, Kim! Want to go out with the boys for a while? We're leaving in five minutes,' someone poked their head through the divider and enquired. He looked up and smiled weakly at his grinning friend. 

'Sure, why not? I'll just wrap things up in a bit.'

'Cool!'

 

Junmyeon's fingers flew over the keyboard and he switched things off, hurriedly packing up. The thought of going out for dinner and some light drinks with his office-friends really cheered the poor man up. He needed some time off. As routine called for it, he made a quick call to his family. No sooner did the call get taken than he had to pull the phone away from his ear. 

 

'APPA~! IS IT APPA? I---'

'BABA~! CAN I HAVE MORE STRAWBERR---'

A loud crash followed by shrill laughter was heard. Junmyeon smiled apologetically at his friends and waited patiently over the line. 

'Hey, Myeon, when are you coming?! I'm going insane with the---'

'Yixing, you know I love you, right?'

Junmyeon's friends grinned and chuckled - this was always stage one of their tactic to convince their awaiting lovers. 

'... Okay, but don't get too drunk. Get home safe. Say the same to the others.'

'ZITAO! I WANT THAT PINK RIBBON!' a new voice cried out in Chinese. 

'You know, what?' Yixing screamed into the phone  over many shrill voices. 'Please bring some hanwoo on your way back, if you can. Jongdae and I may get hungry again.'

'Wait, what?'

'Did I metion there's a sleepover of hyper-active children here? Eunji and Mi--- JONGIN, NO!'

A few moments later, a new voice was heard. 

 

'Twinkle, twinkle... little... star! HOW I... won... wonder... WHAT!... you are...' Kyungsoo sang into the phone. Junmyeon chuckled to himself as he heard Baekhyun join in. Jongdae's voice was heard in the background and it sounded like they were running. Soon, the call got cut.

 

Junmyeon stared at his phone's display and sighed, pocketing the device and loosening his tie a little. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter