Dark History

1004
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kaeun sat alone in her room. She was still mad after her fight with Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon looked at the photo on the desk. A photo of her mother.

 

“Mom, I miss you,”

 

Kaeun closed her eyes and remembered to what happened few years back then. 

 

It was a rainy night at the Lee’s resident. Kaeun’s father, Mr Lee Donghae was not home. A woman visited the Lee’s resident. When that woman arrived, Kaeun and Chaeyeon were told to go to their room. The little Chaeyeon was clueless since she was a kid but Kaeun was old enough to understand something was wrong. About an hour after that woman arrived, Kaeun sneaked out of her room and went to her father office. The door was opened slightly so Kaeun listened to their conversation. 

 

“Jessica! She is my daughter so I want her back,” The woman said.
“What are you saying Sunny? She is mine! I’m the one who raised her up till today!” Jessica, Kaeun’s mother replied.
“Sica, you have all the wealth so please give my daughter back,” Sunny begged.
“I can’t do that, Chaeyeon is mine, I won’t give her to you,” 

 

Kaeun tried to process what she heard. If Chaeyeon is Sunny’s daughter, it mean they are not real sibling.

 

“Sunny, Donghae oppa gave you money already, so please leave my baby alone,” Jessica begged.
“I don’t want his money, I need my daughter! You are a mom and so do I! You know how I feel,”
“No! I don’t want to!” Jessica refused.
“Sica, what if she find that you are not her mother and she is the illegitimate child of Donghae oppa and me?” Sunny questioned.
“Don’t you ever tell her about it!” Jessica warned.
“I will tell her if that is the only way for me to get her!” Sunny threatened.
“I won’t let you Sunny! You are crazy!” 
“Yes I am crazy because I need my child!” Sunny repeated.


Sunny packed her stuff and walked out of the room. Kaeun hid behind the door and when Sunny disappeared, Kaeun went to her mother.

 

“Mom,” Kaeun called.
“Sweetheart, you are up,”

 

Kaeun could see tears in Jessica’s eyes. Kaeun rushed to her mother and hugged her.

 

“Mom, is Chaeyeon not my sister?” Kaeun asked innocently.
“She is your sister sweetheart,”
“Why did that woman said Chaeyeon is her daughter?”
“She is lying, she wants to take Chaeyeon away,” Jessica lied.
“I don’t want to lose Chaeyeon,” Kaeun added.
“We won’t lose Chaeyeon, she is our family,”

 

Everything went back to normal for a few days until one stormy night. Kaeun woke up from her sleep after a thunder growled. Kaeun went to her mother’s room but she was not there so Kaeun expected her to be in the office instead. It was dark but there was light coming from the office. Kaeun went down the stairs and headed to the office. The door opened slightly so Kaeun’s pushed it to look inside.

 

“Mom!”

 

Kaeun was surprised to find Jessica lying on the floor bleeding and lifeless. There was a stab on her chest. Next to Jessica was Sunny with a knife on her hand. Sunny froze and looked confused. The knife she was holding was full of blood. Sunny saw Kaeun, she trembled and walked to Kaeun,

 

“Kaeun...this is not...,”

 

Before Sunny could approach Kaeun, Donghae came and  kicked the knife on Sunny’s hand. Donghae pinned Sunny down on the floor. 

 

“Kaeun! Call the police!”

 

Kaeun froze at her spot. She only looked at her mother who was dead, killed by the woman called Sunny which is Chaeyeon’s mom. 

 

“Mom...,” Kaeun said and she fainted on the floor.

 

When Kaeun woke up, Donghae told her that Jessica is gone and Sunny was caught by the police and is imprisoned. Kaeun was in despair for months. She saw her mother died. Kaeun blamed everyone around her for her mother’s death and she was revengeful towards Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon was the reason Jessica died. If Jessica gave Chaeyeon to Sunny, this would not happen. Chaeyeon is Sunny daughter and Sunny killed her mother. It made Kaeun hates Chaeyeon more. Donghae sent Kaeun to study abroad after what happened and he blame himself for the mess. Realising that Kaeun hold grudge against Chaeyeon, Donghae tried to protect Chaeyeon by showing extra care for Kaeun and neglected Chaeyeon. That what he thought is the best for both of them. He cares for Chaeyeon but he does not want to hurt Kaeun.

 

“Miss?”

 

Kaeun returned to the reality when her secretary called.

 

“Yes?”
“We have a meeting in 10 minutes,”
“Okay, I will be out soon,”

 

Kaeun took the files on the table and looked at Jessica’s picture for one more time.

 

“Mom, I will make sure both the mother and daughter suffer,”

 

= = = = =

 

Eunbi found Hyewon sitting down near the lake in the middle of nowhere. Hyewon was staring blank at the lake. Eunbi gathered her courage and sat next to Hyewon.

 

“Hey,” Eunbi greeted.
“Go, I’m not in the mood,” Hyewon said, cold.
“I know you are m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter