Your Shield

1004
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon and Sakura rushed to the hospital when the maid called informing Chaeyeon her father collapsed in the office. Chaeyeon saw Kaeun at the door talking to the doctor. Chaeyeon was nervous when her eyes Kaeun. Chaeyeon hold Sakura’s hand and brace herself to Kaeun.

 

“Unnie, how’s father?” Chaeyeon asked.
“This is your fault, be responsible,”

 

Kaeun bumped on Chaeyeon’s shoulder on purpose and walked away. Chaeyeon sighed. She wondered what did she do wrong this time.

 

“Sakura, wait here, I will meet father,”

 

Sakura nodded as Chaeyeon went inside. Sakura looked at Kaeun who was getting further and she thought of something. Sakura ran after Kaeun and when she reached Kaeun, she grabbed Kaeun’s hand and dragged her to the emergency staircase.

 

“Let me go!”

 

Sakura let Kaeun’s hand off when she was sure there was nobody around. Kaeun looked so piss at Sakura.

 

“What do you want?” Kaeun asked.
“What is the matter with you? Why are you treating Chaeyeon like that?”
“It’s none of your business,”
“It’s my business Kaeun! Chaeyeon is someone I love and I hate the way you treat her when she always look up to you!” Sakura stated.
“Have you heard the word call acting? That’s what she doing now!”
“She loves you for real! It’s not fake!” 
“I don’t think so, she wants to take everything from me and I won’t let her, she took my mother already!” 
 “What nonsense are you talking about?” Sakura was confused.
“Just forget it,”

 

Kaeun was about to walk away but Sakura grabbed her wrist.

 

“What do you want again?” 
“Memory Reverse,” Sakura chanted.

 

The time stopped. Sakura’s eyes turned blue and Kaeun was hypnotised. Water flowed from Sakura’s finger to Kaeun’s head. The water formed a vision and showed what happened on the night Kaeun’s mother died. Sakura saw everything that Kaeun’s remembered. Jessica is killed by Sunny. Kaeun witnessed her mother dying, lying dead on the ground. Tears fell from Sakura’s eyes. Sakura found out who Chaeyeon’s mom is and the reason why Kaeun hates Chaeyeon so much. After looking enough, Sakura let Kaeun’s hand off and she switched her gaze away from Kaeun. Sakura wiped her falling tears.

 

“Sakura, what did you do to me?” Kaeun noticed there was water on her hand.
“Nothing,”
“Don’t lie Sakura, your eyes were so blue just now and I saw you in my memory!” Kaeun stated.
“I’m sorry for your loss Kaeun,”
“You went through my memory?” Kaeun questioned.
“Sorry, I just want to know the truth,”
“Sakura, what are you? How did you do that?”
“Memory Erase,”

 

Sakura snapped her finger and in an instant Kaeun froze. Kaeun looked confused.

 

“Sakura?”
“Hi,” Sakura greeted awkwardly.
“Don’t tell me this is about Chaeyeon again! My father is already sick because of her and-,”

 

Kaeun stopped when Sakura hugged her. Sakura Kaeun’s back and said,

 

“It’s okay to cry and let go, sometime crying really helps and grudge won’t solve problem,”

 

Kaeun was loss for words. Sakura feels so warm and comfortable. Her heart was at ease.

 

“You can always count on me if you need someone, I will be there,”

 

Sakura broke from the hug. She tapped Kaeun’s cheek lightly and smiled.

 

“Don’t be too harsh on Chaeyeon okay? See you,”

 

Sakura left, leaving the frozen Kaeun there. Kaeun felt her heart beating fast and she had no idea why. Kaeun watched as Sakura returned to Chaeyeon and hugged her tight. This uncomfortable feelings hit her and somehow Kaeun wanted to be at Chaeyeon’s place. Chaeyeon was smiling wide in Sakura’s embrace. Kaeun envy her. Yes, she was jealous.

 

= = = = =

 

Sakura went to visit Nako and Wonyoung at their house which is next to Chaeyeon. The younger angels were surprised but Sakura told them to keep quite and told nobody about what she wanted them to do.

 

“Have you met this woman?”

 

Wonyoung and Nako scanned the photo that Sakura showed. The woman in the photo looked young but the two younger angels felt like they saw that woman somewhere.

 

“I think I saw her,” Wonyoung said.
“You saw her?”
“Nako, that ice-cream lady,”

 

Nako nodded, agreed with Wonyoung. That woman was the one who gave them ice-cream the other day.
“What’s with her?” Nako asked, curious.
“She is Chaeyeon’s biological mom,”
“WHAT?”
“Her name is Sunny, she was supposed to be in jail but she was released on parole. I believe she met Chaeyeon’s father and caused him to faint,” Sakura explained.
“But, she is nice,” Wonyoung said.
“She killed Kaeun’s mom years ago. Kaeun witnessed everything and put the blame on Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon has no idea Sunny is her real mom and Kaeun knows that Sunny is out of jail,” Sakura added.
“Then, what do you want us to do?” Nako questioned.
“Protect Sunny at all cost,”
“But she is a criminal,” 
“I don’t want Kaeun to do something stupid to Sunny, it’s going to hurt Chaeyeon,” 
“Unnie, we were told to protect you by the Queen,” Nako protested.
“I can protect myself, I have Yujin and Minju by my side but not Sunny, protect her because when I went through Kaeun’s memories, something was off,” Sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter