Memories, A JinJoo Story

1004
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another stormy night. Rains were pouring hard and thunder growled loud. Minju was at the hospital, just settled delivering a new life to the world. 4 February 2020. That was the date the baby was born into the world. It was a baby girl. Minju was delighted to see the mother kissing the newborn baby. Her husband was on her side, hugging her tight.

 

“It feels good when you have someone new in your life,”

 

Minju checked the time. Almost 4 in the morning. There seemed to be no more newborn baby so Minju strolled around the hospital. Minju was invisible because she did not want to attract attention. Suddenly, Minju saw a crowd of doctor rushing into the room. They walked pass Minju and headed to the woman who just gave birth.

 

“No!”

 

Minju turned back to the woman and the doctor surrounded her. Her husband was pushed aside  and  her baby was crying in the crib.

 

“Please save my wife,” The husband begged.

 

That woman was bleeding a lot. She was unconscious and the doctor were trying their best to save her. Minju waited patiently, with hope the woman survived. After countless of attempts, the doctor pulled back when the woman pulse stopped beating. The doctor turned to her husband and bowed.

 

“We are sorry,”

 

Minju closed her eyes as the husband fainted on the floor. Minju felt the wind. The wind of death. An Angel of Death, Yujin appeared next to the woman. She greeted her and instructed the woman to go somewhere. After the woman disappeared, Minju and that Angel of Death eyes met. 

 

“Are you okay?” She asked Minju.
“That woman, she was fine, but...why did she die?” Minju asked in tears.
“Min,”

 

Yujin walked to Minju and pulled her for a hug.

 

“This is fate, we can’t fight the fate,”
“I know,”

 

After the painful memories, Yujin took Minju out to walk at the park. They were walking holding hands side by side.

 

“You are quite,” Yujin said.
“I’m not feeling good,”
“Its hurt to see someone die right?”
“Yeah and I wonder how you deal with it everyday,” 
“I’m used to it so I think it hurt less,”

 

Minju stopped and turned to Yujin. They stared at each other.

 

“If it’s hurt, tell me okay? I will be here,” Minju said.

 

Yujin cupped Minju’s face. She planted a kiss on Minju’s lips.

 

“I won’t get hurt but if I do, I will run to you,”
“Better,” 

 

The love bird walked further until they noticed a couple sitting on the bench. The boy was celebrating his girlfriend birthday, giving her a cake. The girlfriend made a wish and blew the candles.

 

“Yujin, it’s nice to have birthday right?”
“Yep it is,”
“So when is your birthday?” Minju questioned.
“1 September, how about you?”
“I don’t know,” Minju shook her head.
“Eh but why?”
“I was a human before. When I became an angel, I lost my memories so I have no idea when is my birthday,” Minju revealed.
“I see, so...any specific date you want?”
“I don’t really care. Just forget about it,”

 

Yujin puzzled as Minju walked ahead. Somehow, Minju looked sad. Yujin was confused what actually that girl wanted.

 

= = = = =

 

The next day, Minju was at the hospital again. She witnessed more newborn and she felt happy. The newborm babies are so cute. After completing her job, Minju went to the rooftop. To her surprise, a doctor was there, a woman with long black hair. She was staring blank at the blue sky. Minju wondered why was she there. Minju made herself invisible because she wanted to be alone. Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter