Lights Down Low / Chaesoo

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: This is another rewrite of mine, smol Chaesoo drabble this time. Keep and eye open for the next one shot which will be posted right after this one. Chaelisa, Jenlisa and Chaennie.

------

It was nearly two in the morning by the time Jisoo was done with work, it was a week before Christmas and they had a live show plus they were tapping the show for the following week, Jisoo had missed a couple of shows but she couldn’t delay the inevitable any longer, having been back to work for a month was really taking a toll on her,  the only good thing was that management were being nice enough to let them have Christmas off this year. 

Listen, Jisoo loved her job, she enjoyed going getting in front of the cameras, the interviews, the traveling, but there are times where she really just wants time off to spend with her friends and family, normally she’d be down for a couple of days but then get over it, but not this year, no, this year she was full on looking at the clock every 5 minutes, her phone never leaving her side, rushing every through segment they needed to shoot, because she needed to get home asap.

The one good thing about tonight was that the show had been in Seoul which meant she would be able to go straight to her home, no hotel, no facetime calls, no loneliness. Exhausted and already feeling the telltale signs of her body aching, she walked up the snowy stairs of their two story house and made her way inside. Walking in she removed her coat, scarf and shoes, leaving her keys on a side table near the door. 

The lights from the tree flickering reflections on the glass window and door to their backyard,

she dumped her bag near the stairs and walked into their living room, Jisoo let out a breath she had been holding all day upon observing the sight that welcomed her home, which was her favorite sight in the whole word. There in their dark blue couch, lay her wife, Chaeyoung, fast asleep, wearing a pair of plaid pajama pants, fluffy socks and, of course, a very old blackpink t-shirt, the brunette cant help the growing smile on her face, Chaeyoung looked softer, at peace, sometimes she can't believe the blonde chose her, but somehow she did and Jisoo couldn't be more thankful.

This is not their first Christmas together, but it was probably the most special, and it was all thanks to the tiny blue bundle laying on Chaeyoung’s chest, a pair of tiny hands holding in a tiny fist her mother’s shirt, her head sporting a small pikachu beanie resting on the blonde’s chest, rising with every breath her mother took. Her mother’s hands holding onto her protectively.  And this is exactly what she needed after a month of being apart from her wife and newborn baby.

Jisoo had a permanent smile in her face now, taking out her phone she snapped like a thousand pictures, sharing one on instragram of course with the caption “Home for christmas #TheyAreMyHome” putting her phone away, she kneeled besides the couch, gently kissing Chaeyoung’s forehead, slowly caressing her face walking her from her slumber.

“Pasta, my love, wake up, it's time to go bed.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes slowly fluttered open “Chu?” she asked still trying to wake up fully.

“Yes, baby, come on, let's get to bed, you know your back will suffer if you don’t” 

Chaeyoung’s eyes fully opened now, the spark and warmth in them that Jisoo loved so much still there and probably more intense after their beautiful baby, Grace, was born.

“We were waiting for you to get home, even ordered from your favorite takeout place and everything” said the blonde with a smile “We thought we could have dinner with you right by the fireplace” she continued gently lifting the baby in to Jisoo’s arms. The brunette gave a small kiss to Grace’s forehead and followed by giving her wife a heartfelt kiss on the lips.

“Oh? and who’s idea was it?” the brunette ask with a grin.

“Well, Grace’s of course, she missed her mother too much” Chaeyoung leaned closer to Jisoo to give her another kiss before pulling away, and leading all three of them, up the stairs and into their bedroom. Chaeyoung washing her face and teeth, before taking the baby from Jisoo to take her to her crib, whilst the brunette changed into her pajamas and brushed her teeth.

After Jisoo finished she catched up with Chaeyoung on their infant's room, slowing leaning in to press her lips to Grace’s forehead once more, “Sleep well, Gracie, I love you”

Once both Jisoo and Chaeyoung were settled in bed, the blonde laying in the brunette’s chest, as soon as her wife was settled besides her on the bed. “Comfy?” Jisoo asked wrapping her arms around Chaeyoung.

“Yes, I missed my pillow, you know I can't sleep well without it” The blonde responded, pressing her lips to Jisoo’s collarbone.

“I know, but I’m here now” Jisoo then looked down at Chaeyoung “I love you so much you know? and I’m so thankful for you giving me Grace, giving us a family, you deserve the world my love” The brunette’s voice was breaking, eyes getting misty.

The blonde wasn't far behind, looking straight into Jisoo’s eyes, she responded “I already have it love, with you and Grace, you guys are my world”

And if Jisoo needed to wake up at the crack of dawn to feed a warm bottle to a crying baby despite how little sleep she’s gotten, well… she really didn't mind.