Seduction Pt. 7 // Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: I'm... sorry?

--------------------

“Really, you are just gonna end things like that? Like I’m nothing?”

 

As expected no reaction, the blonde remains with her back turned towards the kitchen sink, cup of coffee in her hand.

 

“How dare you?!” Jennie continues speaking her mind. “I trusted you!”

 

The blonde’s shoulders tense, her jaw tightens and her eyes close. The grip on her coffee so tight she felt like she could break it at any moment.

 

“Turn around and face me.” Jennie demands her brows furrowing as anger and disappointment flooded her veins. Again the blonde doesn’t respond but Jennie could see her head bowing down. “I thought you were a real woman, Chaeyoung. An adult. Now I can see you’re just a coward.”

 

This breaks her, yet she doesn’t turn around. She can’t face her even though she should, but what she does instead is bite her lip so hard it nearly bleeds and shuts her eyes as tears come out of them.

 

Jennie shakes her head in disbelief, her eyes tearing up as she stares at the unmoving body of her ex girlfriend in front of her. Shaking her head she grabs her things and practically runs out of the house. And it’s only after she heard the door close that Chaeyoung let her sobs come out, coffee thrown into the sink, her weight leaning forward

 

“Miss. Park…” The lawyer said softly. “I know it’s hard but it’s for the best.”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head. “Leave me.”

 

“But Miss Park we still…”

 

“I SAID LEAVE ME!”

 

The lawyer nodded and just like Jennie took his things and ran out of the house. The blonde threw away the rag she was using to clean the coffee mess somewhere around the kitchen as she slided down to the floor and leaned her back on the counter, hands against her against as she took deep breaths to calm herself down.

 

‘Look at you, you are beautiful, you are rich, you are powerful and yet too scared to take a girl to bed for the sake of the business, I brought her to you. After what you did to me… to your mother... this is the least you could do. But no, you have to be a pathetic coward just like always.

 

“i’m sorry.” She croaked, hearing nothing but silence back.

 

-------------------------

 

Lisa and Jisoo were sitting in her living room, both girls cuddling on the couch, while Jisoo’s dog Dalgom sat by the couch chewing on his toy. A re-run of an old soap opera playing on her TV serving as background noise as both girls made out on the couch.

 

This thing with Lisa was meant to be just a one time thing, they both thought and saw it that way. But when both girls felt time stop when their lips met, the flutter on their heart begin, knees weak… neither girl wanted to stop. They wanted to do it again and again and again, and so they did. That night they parted with a kiss and a promise to see each other again.

 

To Jisoo the thing that made it all click for her was the way Lisa was a Goddess was on the dancefloor yet a total dork outside of the dancefloor. And for Lisa was how Jisoo was literally a visual Goddess yet the unique and quirky way her mind work was so unlike any other she person she has ever met, it was only natural they clicked.

 

Jisoo of course knew Lisa was Chaeyoung’s friend, the first thing she did after they met was stalk her on instagram, that’s where she saw the photos. When she asked Lisa told her how they met and of course reassured her that Jisoo’s best friend was in good hands when they first started dating and Jisoo did the same.

 

Jennie told everything to Jisoo and Chaeyoung with Lisa, so both knew how much they loved each other and they both could see how happy they made the other, so it came as a surprise when their make out session was interrupted by the sound of a door slamming and Jennie walking in with glassy eyes.

 

“Whoa Jendukie what happened?” Jisoo stood up from her place and walked towards her friend, the younger brunette let herself be pulled in into a hug. Muffling her words on her shoulder. “Um… can you repeat that?”

 

“Your friend’s an .” Jennie said once she pulled away, pointing at Lisa.

 

“What do you mean? What happened?” Lisa asked hurriedly looking around for her phone, whatever happened it seemed to be bad and Lisa just knew how much her friend could get into her head when things went wrong.

 

“She broke up with me.” She cracked.

 

“What?”

 

Both girls asked the same question while Jisoo guided Jennie to sit on the couch. Lisa frowned, this made no sense, she had spoken to Chaeyoung just yesterday when they arrived and she sounded fine, they spoke about the trip, the lawsuit, Jennie, Jisoo and it all seemed okay.

 

“Jennie…” Lisa approached her quietly as she sat on the coffee table in front of her. “Talk to us what happened?”

 

“I don’t know.” Jennie shrugged, taking the tissue Jisoo had offered. “We were fine last night, we were happy, she seemed happy and then…” She stopped sniffling as a couple more tears fell down. “And then this morning she just broke up with me, said we were over literally out of nowhere.”

 

“Out of nowhere?”

 

Jennie sniffled. “There was a lawyer there too…”

 

“A lawyer?’ Jennie nodded. “Okay, okay, listen I’ll go talk to her okay, sort things out.”

 

Lisa left both girls alone as she headed to the bedroom to talk to Chaeyoung, both girls quiet as Jennie leaned her head on Jisoo’s shoulder, the older girl wrapped her arm around her supporting her as she always does. Jennie was filled with questions, yes she was angry and she was hurt, but she was also confused. It all seemed fine and then the lawyer appeared and poof everything was ruined and that made her worry. Just what did the lawyer thell Chaeyoung that was worth ending their relationship over?

 

Jisoo on the other hand was seething. You see she did not take to people hurting her friend lightly especially after her divorce, she had a special kind of anger when her favorite dumplings heart was broken. She tried to remain calm, and not yell at her girlfriend. It wasn't Lisa’s fault, she herself seemed confused about the whole thing, and Chaeyoung seemed like a great person, happy and always putting Jennie first so yes she was angry but like Jennie she was also confused.

 

After some time Lisa comes back looking worried and shaking her head, mumbling at herself and basically cursing at her best friend. Sighing, she walks over to both girl and sits down on the coffee table in front of Jennie.

 

“So?” The girl asks quietly looking at her.

 

“Kai is threatening counter-measure if she doesn’t back off. He’s basically blackmailing her.”

 

“What?”

 

“Oh that mother i....”

 

“But we haven’t done anything illegal… I think.” Jennie says interrupting Jisoo, more questions running through her mind.

 

Lisa bows her head. “You are her assistant.”

 

“So what is that some sort of crime?” Jisoo barks, while Jennie was standing by confused and broken hearted, Jisoo was ready to set Chaeyoung and/or Kai on fire and fight whoever she needed to if that’s what it took.

 

“Is that all it was?” Jennie asks quietly. “Just her assistant?”

 

“No, of course not.” Lisa reassures her quickly, once again cursing at her friend from being an idiot. “Trust me when I tell you, you are so much more than that to her.”

 

“Then why?” The brunette asks, wiping a tear from her eye.

 

Lisa looked down and sighed. “It doesn’t look good for the CEO of a billion dollar corporation to be dating her assistant, doesn’t matter the circumstance the press won’t take it well. They won’t care about what you guys have all they care about is that she’s the CEO and you’re her PA.”

 

Jisoo frowns. “Shouldn’t Jennie have a say on that choice?”

 

“I just don’t understand.” Jennie says shaking her head. “Since when does she care about what the press thinks?”

 

“Since she’s spent her entire career staking everything on her reputation, since…” Lisa closes and looks away.

 

“Since what?” Jennie asks, the thai girl’s reaction a clear indication that there was something more.

 

“She’s been through this before, Jennie.” Lisa says, looking as serious as ever. “Her own mother was on the mercy of the press after the relationship with her father came out, she saw with her own eyes what it did to her...and…”

 

“And?”

 

“And she doesn’t want the same thing to happen to you.”

 

“Again, shouldn’t Jennie have a say on what they do? It’s her reputation too, as far as I’m concerned a relationship requires two people.” Jisoo enquiries, no longer as defensive as she was, this time understanding the blonde’s point of view, she still doesn’t agree with it but it did make things clearer.

 

“There’s more to it isn’t there?” Jennie asks, looking at Lisa’s serious face. She knew Chaeyoung’s mom had passed away when she was a kid and her dad was not always present in her life. So having heard some of the story the brunette knew there was something more that drew Chaeyoung to make this choice.

 

Lisa nods. “But it’s not my story to tell. She did say she will fight Kai on this. She will.”

 

Jennie nods, steeling herself before asking, “And us?”

 

“Jennie…”

------------------------

 

Two Days Later...

 

Chaeyoung arrived at work earlier than usual, she had a meeting first thing in the morning, and wanted to come to do some work beforehand. Although really she just needed to get out of her place and find a distraction from her own mind. Jennie requested a day off yesterday after the whole thing. Of course Chaeyoung didn’t question it, she did feel disappointed that she wasn’t able to see the girl but she supposes after what happened it was only expected.

 

The blonde wasn’t doing too well, this whole thing brought memories from her past that she worked so hard to bury. There were three things that Chaeyoung kept seeing when she closed her eyes, her mom’s face, her dad’s face and Jennie’s face. It was all too much, but she knew this was the right choice. Losing her mother, then her father, had hurt her enough for two lifetimes, maybe three.

 

If things went further and the news about them both got out there was a chance that she’d lose Jennie, like she lost her mom. And it’d kill her. Or worse. She’d shut down like her father had. Become as fragile and paperlike as the cicada shells she used to pluck off the trees in his backyard when she was a kid. If she allowed that to happen…

 

‘So don’t’

 

A shiver shook her arms, rattling the cup in her hand. If she continued down this rocky path of thought, she’d be crushed under pressure and do something stupid. So back to her files she went, even if she knew this was the fifth time of her reading the same page.

 

When Jennie arrived at the office she was half tempted to ask for another day off, but she knew eventually she would have to face her. As she rode up the elevator and walked down the hallways she thought of what she should do. Should she quit? Should she ignore Chaeyoung? Should she start calling her Miss. Park in and out of work to solidify the distance?

 

She was heart broken, she was angry and most of all she still had a lot of questions. Yet she knew that the blonde wouldn’t answer any of them, at least not based on how she handled the whole situation. So Jennie felt stuck, she felt like she was standing in place as she stared at the two roads in front of her… move on, forget the whole thing or get answers and work from there.

 

When she gets to her office, she sets her things on the desk behind her, arranging some paperwork she left pending the week before. She could see from the corner of her eye, Chaeyoung’s office was closed, through the window she saw there was no one inside, so either she was too early or her boss wouldn’t show up today and if that was the case Jennie was disappointed, she really wanted to see the blonde even for a second just see if she’s having a hard time as Jennie was or if she was fine, see if this thing really meant nothing to her.

She pauses at the sound of footsteps behind her, Slowly she turns around stomach clenching with nerves.

 

“Jennie.”

 

The brunette looks at her and is about to reply but realizes soon enough Chaeyoung isn’t alone. There’s someone all too familiar next to her.

 

“Hey, Jen. Miss me?”

 

The brunette could only blink, her gaze going back and forth between Chaeyoung and Kai until finally it landed on the blonde with a questioning look.

 

Kai smirks as she looks at her. “Jennie, you’re looking really well.”

 

The brunette only rolls her eyes and ignores him. She refuses to give him the time of day but as the snake he was he still smirked triumphantly at her. SHe does her best to not punch him right there as her gaze goes back to Chaeyoung. She looked… tired, somber, the glint on her eyes gone. It worried Jennie she’d never seen her like this before.

 

“Good morning, Miss Kim.” The blonde said seriously and undertone of sadness in her tone, detectable only by those who knew her well.

 

Jennie only nods in acknowledgement and Chaeyoung practically flinches. ‘Well, this .’

 

“I’m so sorry to blindside you like this, Miss Kim.” Chaeyoung starts adjusting the non existent wrinkles on her suit. “But I thought we might all go to dinner this evening.”

 

“To clear the air. Call a truce, if you will.” Kai says the smirks still present on his face, it was like her exactly what he had done and he had come here to revel in it.

 

The blonde on her side stares at Jennie as if to say. ‘What other choice do we have?’

 

Well none, Jennie supposes, the guy was literally right there and was basically blackmailing the blonde so yeah what choice did they have?

 

The day goes by slowly and awkwardly and before Jennie knows she’s being led by the host to the table where Chaeyoung, Kai and Dahyun were waiting for her. The brunette taking deep breaths as she approached, the sooner they could get this over and done with the better.

 

“Jennie.” Kai greets from his place. “You look…”

 

“Beautiful.”

 

The brunette blushes and hides a tiny smile, her heart fluttering at the sincere compliment coming from the CEO.

 

“I was gonna say smoking.”

 

Jennie rolls her eyes and wonders once again how she could have been married to that guy, with a small smile she nods as a thank you and sits down. It’s not long before the waiter arrives thankfully disrupting the awkward silence.

 

“Let me order the wine.” Kai said with a smirk. “I am after all the owner and CEO if a wine company.” He boasted side eyeing Jennie.

 

‘A company you stole from me, jerk.’

 

Jennie smiles and takes the menu from him. “If you don’t mind, I have a better idea on what to order.” She says and focuses on the page. “How about Montepulciano?”

 

She can see Kai’s jaw tighten, as at the end of the day she knows this is the wine he’d been stealing and selling it as his own.

 

“I hear you’re a big fan of those. Right Kai?”

 

“Yeah, big fan. Let’s order two bottles.” He said, grinding his teeth.

 

“Of the same kind?” Jennie frowns. “No, surely you want two different wines. You do have a wandering palate. And a wandering eye for that matter.” She says looking at Dahyun who could only look down in shame.

 

“So um…” The waiter interjects clearing his throat awkwardly. “So Montepulciano and?”

 

“A Touissant Red for me, thank you.”

 

And with that the brunette gives back the menu as the waiter takes it and practically sprints away from the table.

 

“Excellent taste, Miss Kim.” Chaeyoung says with an honest smile.

 

“In wine anyway.”

 

Chaeyoung ducks her head and nods. “Right.” She adjusts in her seat and clears as she leans back. “Let’s get down to business, shall we?”

 

“Yes, we shall.” Kai said leaning back into his chair as well. “I’d like to offer a truce. Extend the olive branch, if you will.”

 

Jennie can’t help but laugh, because really a truce? As if Kai was capable of such a thing, there was more to it. She knew it.

 

“I’m sorry did I say something to amuse you?” Kai asks, almost offended. “I don’t remember telling a joke.”

 

“Yeah, you never did have a great sense of humor, Kai.”

 

“What don’t you just say what's on your mind once and for all Jennie? I’m tired of this passive aggressiveness bull you have going on.” The was serious now, his gaze tense, leaning forward on his seat. Clearly done with all the pretense.

 

Jennie frowns and takes a deep breath. “Fine.” She said, enough is enough. “You stole my company from me. Why? Why did you do that? You didn’t even care about the company.”

 

Kai looks stunned for a second before a condescending smile appears on his face. “Aw, Jen. You know what? I missed this.”

 

“Missed what?”

 

“I missed hearing you talk as if you know a damn thing about business.”

 

Jennie gasps and from the corner of her eye she says Chaeyoung eyeing her carefully as if she’s on standby in case things go weary. “You have a lot of nerve saying that when you’re the one literally stealing wine from another vineyard. And then selling it off as my company’s, My label. My grandfather’s name. You’re dragging his name through the dirt. You don’t know a damn thing about wine or my company. You’ve never bothered to learn. That’s why you have to steal someone else’s.” She pauses eyeing him sharply. “You’re nothing but a pathetic, low life crook, Kai. You always have been.”

 

She then turns to the girl sitting next to Kai, her former employee, former friend. “I don’t even have time for you.” She said, shaking her head almost dismissive. “But you should leave him while you can.”

 

A moment of silence strucks the table, Kai looked stunned, Dahyun looked ashamed and Chaeyoung looked impressed and proud. But of course it wouldn’t last long as the had to ruin the mood.

 

“Wow, 10/10 for the speech.” Kai said, clapping. “Did you practice that in the mirror?” He joked. “You’re so pathetic, Jennie. It 's hilarious.”

 

Before anything can be said Jennie sees a blur of movement in her periphery and when she looks up Chaeyoung has gotten to her feet and her eyes are burning with fury.

 

“It’s time to go.”

 

“Aw, no. Stay. We haven’t even gotten our food.”

 

Jennie stands up as well, her knees shaking and Chaeyoung helps her to her feet and pulls her coat over the brunette’s shoulder.

 

Another chuckle. “Such a helpful lover. I hope she’s learned a few new tricks since I left her.”

 

And before Jennie knows it, Chaeyoung is reaching across the table and grabbing Kai by the collar. pulling him to his feet. The crunch of breaking glass could be heard as Chaeyoung jostles him.

 

“Apologize.” She demands, her voice low, menacing, barely louder than a whisper.

 

“It was just a joke.”

 

The blonde tightens her grip and pushes Kai until his back stumps against the window of the restaurant. “I said apologize.”

 

“Okay, okay! Jesus, I’m sorry!”

 

Chaeyoung nods and lets him go, turning back around when she’s stopped by Kai’s voice once again.

 

“She’s all yours, she was always such a boring lay anyways.”

 

The blonde turns around again but this time her right hand comes through making contact with Kai’s jaw, causing him to stumble to the floor.

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

“Kai!”

 

The blonde turns back and see’s Jennie staring at her with surprise, she then looks around and sees the restaurant in silence staring at her, her gaze goes down to Kai holding his jaw and a shocked Dahyun by his side, then to her hand which is already bruising.

 

“I… I’m sorry, I…”

 

Jennie looks at her, the woman looks lost as if she’s on a daze. “Chae, it’s okay…”

 

“No, no, it’s not… I… I have to go.”

 

“Chae!”

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t know what drove her to do that. She was never a violent person, she steers away from it. But she couldn’t keep letting Kai insult Jennie, yet her actions triggered something within her. Ever since her lawyer came to talk, flashes of her childhood came back and it was messing with her mind.

 

She needed to leave, get out of here. Away from everything for a while. The house, work, Jennie… just until she could think rationally. Just for a few days.

 

She should say goodbye to her, but instead she packed a bag knowing she wouldn’t call. If she did and she heard Jennie’s voice, she’d crumble at her feet. No that couldn't happen, she needed a few days absent from her own life. She’d locate her pragmatic side and separate her haphazard emotions and plan the best course of action. That’s the best she could do.

 

---------------------------------

 

The following day when Jennie heads to work, she goes with a decision in mind. She will talk to Chaeyoung and get some answers. Based on what she has seen, on what Lisa told her there was definitely something more going there and she was determined to find out. Because Jennie concluded Chaeyoung was worth it.

 

But when she gets there Chaeyoung is not there yet. The lights on her office were off, that was odd. The CEO was always here before here when they didn’t arrive together. Hoping it had nothing to do with the broken look she saw last night she shook her worries away and started up her computer.

 

After getting coffee she sits down and sees a folded piece of paper with her name, she’d recognize the penmanship anywhere.. it came from Chaeyoung.

 

Dear Jennie,

 

Do you know how beautiful you look when you sleep? Of course you don’t. But I do. But if you did. If you saw your face each morning, your adorable pout, your adorable cheeks, you’d appreciate just that much more how difficult it was for me to do this.

 

There are things, I haven’t told you. Things I was though I could get over before either of us could get hurt. But when Kai blackmailed me… it brought up things I had been buried for a while and it made me realize how much better you’d actually be without me. You are a force to be reckoned with Jennie, you are smart, you are driven, you have integrity… but me I’m just a chaebol with daddy issues. You deserve more than me and the baggage I come with.

 

I hate cliches, I really do but listen to me, Jennie, when I say “It’s not you, it’s me.” I mean it, I promise. You’re perfect. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted. I just wish I was the kind of woman who actually deserves you, the kind of woman you thought I was.

 

I’m so sorry, Jennie. I hope one day you’ll forgive me.

 

Love,

Chaeyoung.’

----------------------------------------

A/N: Lol there Chaeyoung is saying she hates cliches when she's practically one...