Give me shapes and letters, if it's not forever then at least we'll have tattoos together // Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N:  Title comes from Lauv's Tattoos Together. 

I'm back, worry not the hallmark channel's fic a.k.a Accidentally Married will continue but life's been busy lately. Anyways please have this Chaennie one shot to hold you all together as I finish the chapter.

This should not come as a surprise but remember all my fics are unbeta'd we die like men. 

Bye! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

Jennie has heard about the soulmate tattoos. Of course she has, it was all people talked about during middle school. It was a whole lesson in school, there were books about it, documentaries, you name it.

 

The basic was simple a tattoo appears on your skin when a person is your soulmate. It can be anything, it can be any color, any size and it moves. This was why they thought you in school. But nobody talked about how you could have a tattoo but your soulmate doesn’t because you are not that for them. They don’t tell you that they can appear at any given moment, when you first meet, a year into whatever relationship you have, ten years… it could be anytime.

 

They also talk about how the tattoo reacts to your soulmate and will always try to lead you to them, Jennie thinks that and that the fact that you have to ‘listen’ to it was a whole bunch of bull. Because what if you are not the other person’s soulmate? Then what? Will your tattoo keep leading you on to them even if it means you will be heartbroken anytime? Nah, a lot of bull is what it is.

 

Speaking of bull, here’s another fact that Jennie knows too well, when your soulmate dies, your tattoo stops moving, it feels warm to the touch, but it doesn’t move anymore.

 

She grew up watching her mom her smile at her dad’s silly jokes, she watched as a beautiful hummingbird circled her mother’s hand as a black and white koi fish circled her father’s until one day while her dad was away for business she saw her mother grow still, painfully so, the hummingbird frozen mid flight, splashes of color around it.

 

The topic became a forbidden one since then.

 

She dreads the day she gets her tattoo, will it be a girl? Will it be a boy? What if her soulmate is a and a horrible person overall? The biggest question of them all is: If it’s a girl will her mom accept it? Will her mother want to talk about Jennie’s tattoo at all?

 

—------------------------------------------

 

Jennie has been a trainee for a year when the thing happened.

 

And it goes like this:

 

She was walking out of her dance lesson when she bumps into a girl, almost losing her footing but being held up by said girl’s hands.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry– I mean–umm….”

 

Jennie looks up and swears the world stops for a second.

 

A girl. A new girl. A new pretty brunette girl. A new pretty brunette girl with an australian accent and in Jennie’s honest gay opinion the cutest shy smile ever.

 

Mianhae?” The girl questions. “No! Um– mianhaeyo?”

 

New things on the list.

 

The most adorable korean accent ever.

 

Jennie looks at her up and down before snapping out of it and saving the poor adorable girl from her misery. “I’m sorry it's fine.” She says with a small smile, hoping it shows that she does not care for formal or informal speech and most of all that the rule of no english speaking in the facilities can it.

 

The girl looks down at her, with a shy grin but happy eyes.

 

“You speak english?” She asks with a hopeful smile.

 

Their eyes meet and not a second later all Jennie can feel is pain on her back. It’s so sudden Jennie gasps.

 

“Yeah, I gotta go!” Is all she says before walking, or at least she hopes it comes out as calmly walking towards the nearest changing room. Making sure it was empty and locking the door she all but collapses forward onto the sink, groaning at the pain she feels.

 

She drops her bag and quickly removes her shirt, anything to relieve the burning, searing pain she feels.

 

“.” She mutters as she turns back to the mirror. “Oh .”

 

She stared in shock as the last few lines of a bengal tiger appeared. Then it open it’s eyes and Jennie was staring into a pair of amber eyes.

 

She groans once again as the tiger swishes its tail and moves around her body stopping on her ribs, blinking at her as if it was giving her a second to breathe before moving again this time walking up to her shoulder and down her arm settling in her forearm.

 

It hurt, as it appeared it felt like burning now it feels like her body is sore after a night of exercising and everytime the damn thing moved it felt like it was stepping on fresh bruises.

 

“Can you not settle there, everyone can see?!”

Jennie gasps as the tiger moves back to her ribs. “Holy , it hurts like hell.”

 

The tiger lays down and blinks at her and that’s when it hits her. She has a big tiger on her body. And it’s that pretty girl’s fault.

 

“Oh . Oh . Oh ing . Nope, that girl did not just summon you, answer me.”

 

The tiger looked up lazily at her as if it was saying ‘If you know the answer why are you even asking .”

 

“Okay.” She says as she takes a few breaths. “Okay.” She repeat. “The girl is new, so she probably won’t be placed with us, right?”

 

The tiger meows at her.

 

“Right, will be seeing her in classes and we can start talking, test the waters you know? Hopefully find out if she has a tattoo?”

 

Her new friend meows again.

 

Jennie sighs and sits down on a nearby bench as the damn cat has the audacity to move again, settling in her arm looking at her as if saying ‘We are talking, I wanna see you while we do.’

 

And it’s at that moment Jennie thinks she's losing it. She has a giant cat on her body and it feels like they understand each other.

 

“.” She hisses. “Maybe warn a girl before you move.”

 

The cat blinks and Jennie sighs.

 

“You need a name.” She says. “Wait, do people name their tattoos or am I the crazy one?” She pauses, before shrugging. “Oh well, I’m already talking to you anyways.”

 

The car meows.”

 

“How about Luna?”

 

It hisses.

 

“Okay, not to Luna then. Ummm… Oluso?”

 

Another hiss.

 

“Uh, Shadow? You know, you have dark shading in tones of gray and you’ll be with me you know, like shadow.”

 

The tiger purss and it’s tail swishes happily.

 

“Okay, Shadow then, here’s what’s going to happen.”

 

Jennie spends the next hour telling Shadow how it needs to hide whenever she’s in classes, or has evaluations…

 

That was four years. When Chaeyoung was just the new pretty girl, Now? Now Chaeyoung is her bandmate, her friend, her roommate, her family. She could feel shadow moving around almost desperately everytime she was near, it felt like she was trying to claw her way out, but Jennie forced her to hide every time.

 

Chaeyoung from her side doesn’t have a tattoo at least not that Jennie is aware of, and if she does she keeps it hidden, if Jennie can, doesn’t mean anyone else could as well. And God does Jennie hopes she doesn’t, she’s not sure if she wants to know who Chaeyoung’s soulmate is if it’s not her..

 

Back then Shadow was stubborn, wanting to appear at every chance as well, but once Jennie explained that if she was seen it could mean the end of her dream and possibly Rosies’s if the girl ever found out, Shadow stopped and calmed down.

 

But lately, Shadow has started to act up again.

 

It doesn’t help that Chaeyoung has started to notice every time Jennie flinches in pain when she gets near. She hates having to hide shadow but she has no choice, not now.

 

Mostly though she doesn’t want Chaeyoung to know about Shadow because if the taller girl doesn’t have a tattoo, Jennie doesn’t want to force the Australian into the idea of being with her. Jennie is okay with being whatever Chaeyoung wants her to be.

 

She suspects Shadow was not happy with the idea of her dating Kai, honestly neither was Jennie but she did out of a sense of compromise she supposes. The dude was a good dude, he was kind, handsome, funny, if Jennie wasn’t in love with her bandmate she’s pretty sure she could be in love with Kai.

 

It isn’t until Kai shows her a deer making it’s way down Kai’s arm and towards her hand as she touches it that Jennie realizes she needs to end it. It wasn’t fair for him to be with someone who already knew she could never be what he hopes. It’s painful for sure, more so for Kai but he deserved to know the truth no matter how painful.

 

That was a week ago. Now she’s in her room, cuddling under the blankets with Chaeyoung and watching reruns of some drama about a dude who’s dead but not dead and meant to be with a student, oh there’s also appearances by God? Either way they are both watching it and very into it.

 

“Dude could you be any louder with the purring? I like her too but jeez keep it in your pants.”

 

Shadow meows back. The sassy little .

 

“Did you say something?” Chaeyoung says as she walks into the room.

 

.

 

“Um…“Don’t look for death because death will find you!” She answers, quoting the show. Chaeyoung giggles and Shadow purrs.

 

“I got snacks!” Chaeyoung says, her hands full of candy and chips.

 

“Hand me them chips mate.” Jennie says with an exaggerated Australian accent.. Chaeyoung tosses the chips at her and flops back on the bed.

 

Cheyoung leans against Jennie and the brunette can feel Shadow moving up to her neck, she gasps.

 

The tall brunette shifs her head up to look at Jennie’s face in question, the latter forces Shadow down at the last second. Chaeyoung looks into her eyes, staring deep into them, Jennie tries not to stare at the girl’s lips but God, they are so distracting.

 

She looks up and Chaeyoung is looking down at her lips. And then they’re kissing.

 

Kim Shin’s voice drowning in the background.

 

“When you’re coming home on a rainy night, what is it that becomes your umbrella. A voice that answers when you call. A memory of seeing the same thing at the same time. The first time you matched someone’s pace. Does someone come to mind? Yes, it’s that person.”

 

Her mom used to say the moment she kissed her father for the first time, she saw fireworks, she felt warmth spread through her body. Her dad once told her kissing her mom for the first time made his heart stop, said everytime she kissed her felt like coming home.

 

Well Jennie can testify that kissing her soulmate makes her heart stop, makes her feel warm, makes Shadow run laps around her body. It is soul stirring, beautiful, and passionate. The lights fade out. The sounds fade out.It was just The Most Amazing Feeling. Literally.

 

When they finally break apart, they are both out of breath and Chaeyoung has a faint blush on her cheeks. She smiles at Jennie.

 

“I’ve wanted to do that for a while.” she says laughing.

 

“Me too.” Jennie gently smiles and they look into each other’s eyes.

 

Chaeyoung looks down for a brief second and she tenses. She sits up looking at her neck and following a path down Jennie’s body.

 

Shadow.

 

.

 

.

 

Jennie feels Shadow making her way down to Jennie’s arm to her right hand, Chaeyoung reaches out taking her hand and right when she does, Jennie sees it.

 

A watercolor wolf covering Chaeyoung’s hand, Shadow happily purring as the wolf wags it’s tail leaping around in joy.

 

Jennie stares at their hands in shock and Chaeyoung cups her face with her other hand, forcing the girl to meet her eyes, with a questioning look.

 

“A four years ago today.” Jennie says in a small voice.

 

“I– wait what?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Jennie Ruby Jane Kim.”

 

Oh . She’s full naming her.

 

She should be worried.

 

But why is it so hot though?

 

“Jen?” Chaeyoung asks again, softly.

 

“I didn’t want to force you into the idea of being with me if I wasn’t your soulmate.”

 

Chaeyoung sighs. “That’s sweet. But I’ve wanted to kiss since the first Korean lesson you gave me.”

 

YOU’VE KNOWN THAT LONG? I COULD HAVE BEEN KISSING YOU FOR YEARS?!”

 

Chaeuyoung laughs. “Yes?”

 

Jennie chuckles and shakes her head. “Well that’s what we get for being a pair of cowards.”

 

The tall girl giggles. “I suppose you are right. So now what do we do?”

 

“Love each other?” Jennie says with a smile. “Date each other? Maybe kiss some more?”

 

Chaeyoung sighs happily. “That sound like a plan.”

 

She says as she leans down and connects their lips again. She gasps in shock as Chaeyoung pushes her back onto the bed, straddling her lap and losing track of time.

 

“Now I’m really mad that you didn’t tell me. We could have been doing this for years.” She gasps and whimpers when Jennie bites down on her shoulder.

 

Jennie pulls away and smirks at her work. She looks back up at Chaeyoung and laughs at the dazed look in the other girl’s eyes. The brunette snaps out of her daze and giggles along with Jennie she pushes her completely down onto her bed, resting against her chest, watching as the older girl's fingers move along her body whilst her wolf follows her touch..

 

“So, you come here often?” Jennie says out of nowhere.

 

“No but me and Hank, want to be here very often.”

 

“I’m sorry, Hank?”

 

“What? You didn’t name your tiger?”