And when you look like that it's a hit to the heart / Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: Very rushed and smol cute meet Chaennie story! If there is anything you'd like to see don't hesitate to leave me a prompt or an idea, I'll do by best to write a good one shot out of it!

 

Enjoy!

 

-------------------------------------

 

Jennie looks out the window of the chopper that picked her up from the airport, because “This is quicker Jennie, you know how holidays traffic can get.” Or so her mother said, though she has to admit she’s right. Holiday traffic was the worst.

 

She watches below her, seeing the skyscrapers of the big apple and the one big piece of green that was Central Park, and if she squints she can also see the New Year’s ball getting set up, she’s sure somewhere in a nearby building there’d be workers setting up the fireworks.

 

“Miss Kim, we’ll be arriving in about five minutes.”

 

She turns to the pilot and nods. “Thanks, Tae.” She’s about to turn back to the window when her phone buzzes in her lap. She can’t help the smile that comes over features at the name on the screen.

 

[Rosie <3]

 

Are you back yet?

 

[Rosie <3]

 

You are.

 

[Rosie <3]

 

Are we getting those drinks tonight? Someone made me promise to pay for them.

 

[Rosie <3]

 

Answer meeeeeeee.

 

[Jen Jen <3 <3]

 

I can tell someone missed me. Desperate much?

 

[Jen Jen <3 <3]

 

Also,’you are’? How do you know? How can you be sure?

 

[Rosie <3]

 

It’s my job to know things, Jennie.

 

Chaeyoung Park, the object of the brunette’s affection. Tall, blonde, with a hot body and the hottest Australian accent. That wasn’t all though, she was smart, funny, sweet and caring and okay Jennie had a crush on her and she’s sure Chaeyoung likes her too. They kinda sorta confessed to each other a while ago, at least Jennie hopes they did.

 

They were hanging out with the excuse that they both needed to study for their exams, and so they made plans to see each other at the park. The two were sitting down below a tree with sufficient shade for both, but Chaeyoung found herself distracted with how warm it was.

 

Jennie of course was noticing as the blonde girl kept fidgeting. “You are supposed to be studying.” She said, still looking at her notes.

 

Chaeyoung groans out of frustration and throws her head back. “I’m sorry, the weather is just not agreeing with me today.” She said with a frustrated sigh. “I mean it's not just me right? It’s really hot today.”

 

“You’re just hot.”

 

Chaeyoung blinks, the way she said it…

 

Jennie freezes on the spot, the girl stopped writing and was staring straight to her notebook. The worst part was she could feel the blood rushing to her face, maybe if she didn’t move Chaeyoung wouldn’t see her blush right?

 

Unfortunately for Jennie, the blonde did see her blushing, she internally calmed herself down as she turn to look to the other side, she’s sure her cheeks are just as pink as Jennie’s, and with after a deep breath she said…

 

“I think you’re hot too.”

 

A small squeak comes out of Jennie’s throat and her pen along with her books fall to the ground as she asks. “What?”

 

The blonde looks at her with a small lopsided smile. “Your face is all red, you must feel the hot weather too right?”

 

All Jennie has been thinking about since then was that moment, surely it was a confession right? She wasn’t imagining things.

 

The blonde girl was a student at Tisch and is majoring in music engineering, production and English. See? Her girl was smart.

 

Jennie was a student at Parsons, she was getting her BBA in Strategic Design and Management. Yes she loved fashion design but she was more interested in the management side of design and the design aspects of business. Her mother was owner of Revella, a luxury fashion brand standing amongst others like YSL, Channel, Celine etc… She grew up around fashion so it was only natural she’d go for it in college.

 

To this day Jennie still thanks Lisa (internally of course, never to her face) for convincing her to go to that dancing class with her a year ago. It’s the only reason she could find Chaeyoung after their first meeting.

 

“I just don’t get why you just don’t ask her out.” Jennie said as her and Lisa waited for the coffee orders.

 

“She might say no.”

 

Jennie gives her a look. “Dude, she’s the only one who finds you funny and they way she stares at you is just disgusting.”

 

“What do you mean the way she looks at me?” Lisa asks as she takes both of her coffees.

 

“You know like…umpf.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

She bumps into a girl, the girl in question is wearing an oversized black shirt with white baggy sweatpants and white sneakers. Her hair was long and she wore a black beanie.

 

Jennie’s first thought was hot, and then cute after seeing her apologetic smile.

 

The two lock eyes and only look away when Lisa calls for her. “Jen come one, we only have a few minutes.”

 

“R-right.” She said with one last look. “Let’s go.”

 

Imagine her surprise when she finds said girl half an hour later in the same dance class as them. She was friends with Lisa’s crush Jisoo so luckily for Jennie she didn’t have to find a way to approach the girl. Since the two have been hanging non-stop for the past couple of months.

 

She smiles at her screen as the helicopter touches ground as another text pops up.

 

[Rosie <3]

 

Jeeeennieeeeee are we going out or not?

 

[Jen Jen <3 <3]

 

You really want to go out today? Really? There’s people outside…

 

[Rosie <3]

 

Yes, Jennie, that’s what most people do on their holidays, they go out.

 

Jennie ponders for a long beat. She sighs, stupid adorable chipmunk cheeks.

 

[Jen Jen <3 <3]

 

Picking you up right now.

 

—-----------------------------------------

 

New Year’s Eve day arrives and Chaeyoung and Jennie decide to watch the ball drop from the roof of Kim's penthouse. Jisoo and Lisa were off with their families and so of course Jennie could not let the blonde spend it alone.

 

There were three fireplaces along with a small feast of food in process of being set up at the table. Jennie leans against the edge of the balcony and drinks her beer while her eyes glide after Chaeyoung’s every move. She watches as the blonde twist off the cap before taking a zip from the bottle and setting it aside. She then watches as the blonde restocks the wood piles at either side of the fireplace. She can tell the dancing and pilates classes where paying off.

 

Jennie feels a jolt run straight down her spine merely by surveying her and realizes how heated her body feels. She's much too far from the fire and she hasn't had enough to drink to be this hot.

 

Stupid crush.

 

—------------------------------

 

Five minutes to midnight and Jennie is restless. Because what happens at midnight? Are they hugging? The cheek kissing? What if Chaeyoung leans in to kiss her? What if she leans in and gets rejected? What if? What if? What if?

 

"...nie? Jennie? If I am that boring that you tune my voice out you should just say so."

 

"No. No! Sorry. No. Not you. I was just...yeah. Not you. Sorry. What were you saying?"

 

"That your mother offered me a lot of money to stay away from you and I should’ve taken it."

 

Oh yeah, how can she forget about that little incident.

 

"Very funny."

 

Jennie looks at the clock.

 

She grabs her beer and stands awkwardly near the edge of the rooftop balcony.

 

Chaeyoung chuckles ,kills her tequila shot, and stands next to the perfectly frozen Jennie.

 

Is 11:58 now and the brunette stands still, though she can feel Chaeyoung’s eyes on her from her periferal.

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” She asks softly.

 

The brunette looks down at the sea of people in the main square. “There’s a lot of thoughts in here.” She replies with a tiny smile.

 

“Is one of those things about what’s going to happen at midnight?” The blonde asks. “If so, we share the same thought.”

 

Jennie silently gasps and turns to look at the blonde, she can hear the countdown coming from below and notices how the blonde is leaning closer and closer…

 

And then Chaeyoung’s lips are touching hers. Jennie's hands fly to the side of Chaeyoung's face, the blonde's hands go around Jennie’s waist pulling her as close to her as she can Their tongues meet for a brief moment. They pour everything into it. Both letting out a sigh of content and relief. Both feel as if they are finally home.