Be My Valentine // Lisoo

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: I know ya'll want more Chaennie but let's give the other pairings a chance shall we?

Don't worry though I am planning another Chaennie fic so just wait with respect lol

-------------------------

10 days before Valentine's Day

 

Kim Jisoo, literature major extraordinaire was making her way up a set of stairs after walking all the way from her building to her friends. She was tired, she was hungry and just in a bad mood in general. Which is the reason why she made her way over here. Her friend always had a way of making her forget about the stress of a long day.

 

Lisa was a foreign student and she was here due to a scholarship so unlike Jisoo who had her own place a few blocks down the college, Lisa had to live in the dorms which were on the other side of the campus. She disliked the placement and the distance of it but she liked the place, her friend Chaeyoung lived in this building too, she was a music major and Lisa a dance major.

 

Really Lisa was the reason she met Chaeyoung and most of the creative major students as she had no reason to actually hang out with them, after all she read books for class while the creatives drew, danced, sang, acted etc… But Lisa was a social butterfly they met on induction day two years ago, Jisoo was debating on what club she wanted to join in when Lisa just came up stood besides her and started talking about the pros and cons of each, then they got lost together in campus and that was that, their friendship was born.

 

She remembers back then she started dating this girl Seulgi, another dance major, she loved her, she really did, but ultimately things went down the drain, they grew apart and Seulgi found someone else, one of Jisoo’s classmates no less. Jisoo understood but it didn’t mean it didn’t hurt…

 

“Here… they are super soft so your nose won’t get so red, you can cry as much as you want.”

 

Lisa sat next to Jisoo after coming back from class. Jisoo had a copy of her dorm door key, so she was already waiting for her when she came back. It was a sad view, her best friend sitting on the bed sniffling and Lisa pouted as soon as she walked in and saw it all.

 

“Really? That 's all? No, you were too good for her anyways, I’ll kill her for you… anything?”

 

“Well...no?”

 

“You are a terrible friend.”

 

“Meh… you’ll get over it.” Lisa said with a shrug. She then took a deep breath and turned to look at her. “But in all seriousness though you know I love you right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well… if you’re looking for a rebound… I’m here for you.”

 

Jisoo stared at Lisa for a second and ultimately shook her head and turned away from the thai girl.

 

“I’m good with just being friends.”

 

-------------------------


 

They have been friends for the past two years. At Jisoo's constant confirmation, not that Lisa stopped trying but Jisoo insisted they were better off as friends so Lisa would rather keep Jisoo in her life even if it wasn't the way she wanted to.

 

And it’s because of that, that she constantly finds herself listening to her friend about her relationship, complaining about her relationship, crying about her relationship because the idiot boyfriend cannot treat Jisoo as she deserves to be treated. The thai girl has had to hide her rolling eyes way more than she can count, not to mention she’s an expert now at hiding her general dislike about someone.

 

Lisa supposes that’s what you do for love.

 

Today Lisa sat on her bed playing with her switch while Chaeyoung drew on her sketchpad while sitting on the floor. Soft music played in the background as they each did their own thing, it was the best part of being roommates with your best friend, there was no need for awkward conversations, no need to worry about what you did, what you say or anything as both girls new each other well enough to work well as roommates.

 

A knock on their door has both girls looking up.

 

Chaeyoung looks at the clock and notices it is still early for her date with Jennie so it was most likely someone coming to see Lisa and her suspicions were correct when their door opened up and Jisoo came in. Her and Jennie had a bet of when would they get their together and actually start dating. Jennie said Lisa would snap first and Chaeyoung was giving Jisoo the benefit of a doubt, she said Jisoo would eventually come around and accept her feelings for Lisa and confess. Due date valentine’s day.

 

Lisa quickly leaves her switch aside and passes her hand through her hair hoping she looks presentable. “You look tired.” She said as Jisoo sat on her bed.

 

“Thanks.” Jisoo deadpanned.

 

“But still beautiful though.” Lisa said with a smirk.

 

“Shut up!” Jisoo said, slapping Lisa’s hand away.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. At this rate she was sure she’ll be losing the bet. Muttering a quick excuse the taller girl grabbed her stuff and left, she did not want to witness another trial of Lisa’s flirting and Jisoo’s obliviousness.

 

“So what's wrong?”

 

“Nothing, just…”, Jisoo sighs. “...V stuff.”

 

Lisa sighs and hides her rolling eyes. “So what did the idiot do this time?”

 

“His band got this gig on valentine's day and now all our plans are cancelled.” She says.

 

“Idiot.” Lisa mumbles.

 

“I mean he’s pursuing his dreams, I guess I can’t be mad about it right?”

 

“Yes you can.” Lisa says without hesitation. “He should be considerate of your feelings, don’t you think?” Lisa then fake stretches to place her arm around Jisoo and the other girl only rolls her eyes at the move but leans into her. “I don’t see you cancelling your plans to get your dream and God knows you have too much to read.”

 

“Mm… Do you think I’m needy?”

 

“Nope.” Lisa answers honestly. “You are asking for basic stuff, stuff that you shouldn’t even ask for. I mean if you were my girl I would go all out for the day.”

 

“Really?” Jisoo turns to look at Lisa. “What would you do?”

 

“Well, I’d start by waking you up with a silly song, a song that I just came up with on the spot, you know taking a page out of your own book, letting you know that as silly as they are, they are very much appreciated and cherished. Then you’d walk out of the room to find a tray of breakfast probably with chicken, and throughout the day you would be receiving messages, little gifts, until night time where we would be having our dinner date under the moonlight and I’d tell you how much I love you and vice versa.” The thai girl shrugged. “Or something of the sort.”

 

Jisoo looks genuinely surprised. Because Lisa didn’t seem to be joking or exaggerating as she usually did but actually sounded completely honest. “You’d really do that for me?”

 

“Yeah… you deserve that and more chu.” Lisa said looking at the window, trying to sound casual, as if her heart wasn’t about to jump out of her chest.

 

Jisoo smiles and takes a hold of Lisa’s hand. “You really are amazing, you know that?”

 

“Then how come you don’t want me?” Lisa frowns with a pout.

 

The korean girl sighs and Lisa takes her hand back, placing it inside the pocket of her hoodie, ‘Here we go.’ she thinks.

 

“Let’s not do this again, Please?” Jisoo asks. “Timing, fear of losing you, better off as friends, nothing has changed since the last time you asked.”

 

“Right.” Lisa nodded and just like always she hides how ty she feels incredibly well, she has gotten at that and she wonders just how much longer she would be able to do it. “Well… it’s kinda late.” She says, looking at her phone. “Let me go with you, it's too far and it’s getting dark. I don't want you going back alone.”

 

“Then you’d be the one walking back alone, dumb dumb.” Jisoo sais standing up.

 

“Bruh… I grew up on the streets… I’ll be fine.”

 

Jisoo only looks at her with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Fine, I’ll take an uber back. Happy?”

 

------------------------------------

 

Six days before Valentine's Day

 

Jisoo and V are walking through the quad after having lunch. He keeps going on and on about something his friend said and the shenanigans they got into last night. It’s been around an hour and half of them being together and Jisoo has barely said a word since, not like she usually says much around her boyfriend.

 

“... I swear I’ve never laughed so hard at a freaking DMV.”

 

Jisoo sighs and nods.

 

“Hey, you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine…” She says. “Just thinking about my paper, I have three books to read and analyze and then my mom wants me to…”

 

“Listen, babe… I know you’re dealing with a lot right now but I really need to take this call right now.” He says already turning away and answering his phone.

 

Probably talking to the band manager, Jisoo thinks. So she takes a seat at one of the benches. Across the quad, she spots Lisa and Chaeyoung, both of them laughing as they typed away on their laptops. Jisoo thinks about joining them when V comes back after his call.

 

“Sorry about that. Guess what? We are all set for that valentine’s gig.”

“Great.” Jisoo says dryly.

 

Clearly V wasn’t really paying attention otherwise he would’ve heard the dry tone and sarcastic way in which she said it, but instead of asking what was wrong the guy simply asked… “Hey we have a gig tonight. You coming?”

 

“Not in the mood.”

 

“You never are lately.”

 

Jisoo rolls her eyes and keeps walking, choosing to ignore him. From across the quad Lisa observes the two and sighs looking down at her laptop. Wandering once again just what exactly was she lacking? Was it really fear of losing her that kept Jisoo away or was it simply that she wasn’t good enough and didn’t want to break her heart?

 

----------------------------------

 

Later that day after V leaves for his gig Jisoo once again makes her way to Lisa’s. When she walked in the tall girl was looking through her phone after setting up her wireless speaker, clearly she was interrupting once of her dancing sessions. How can she do it in such a tiny room? Jisoo doesn’t know but that’s Lisa she could dance anywhere any time.

 

“You coming in the middle of the middle of the week? Literature majors must not be so good at conversations then.” Lisa says knowing today was meant for Jisoo’s book club meetings.

 

“What the hell is that smell?” The brunette asks as she sits down on the bed.

 

“Oh salmon, chipmunk and I found a microwavable recipe.” Lisa said, opening the window of the dorm. “We didn’t really think of the repercussions of cooking fish in a small room, but it was tasty though.”

 

“Eww…” Jisoo says with a grimace. “Next time you guys want to cook just come over, I’ll lend you my kitchen.”

 

“Noted, chu.”

 

“Ah.. this is it.” Lisa says then as she finally found the track she was looking for on her spotify playlist. When the music starts Lisa starts moving with it, clearly improvising the moves and simply feeling the song while Jisoo watches intently, watching the way she moves her arms, her torso, they way music just seemed to travel through her limbs it was like everytime Lisa danced nothing else existed in that moment.

 

At the look Jisoo was giving her, Lisa stops realizing she was not alone. So she lets the song keep playing while she sits next to Jisoo on the bed. “Hey, you okay?” Lisa asks taking her hand.

 

“What song is that?” Jisoo asks biting her lip.

 

“Um… I Love You So Bad by Lany.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Chu…” Lisa starts taking a deep breath. “Why do you keep putting up with these people who don’t deserve you?”

 

“Lisa.. don’t. Not again.”

 

“I’m sorry, chu. It’s just… there are other people out there… better people. The kind of people who know how to cheer you up, what your favorite food is…” She brushes her hand against Jisoo’s cheek. “How to not piss you off, who knows you actually do care about being spoiled on valentine’s day no matter how much you deny it… the kinda people whose loved you since forever.”

 

“I don’t like those people.” Jisoo says with a tiny sad smile.

 

“Right.” Lisa says brusquely. “Fear of losing me and all that…” She mumbles.

 

“Monkey…”

 

“Um… what kind of chicken do you want? Orange or Teriyaki?” Lisa gets ups from the bed and walks towards their small fridge taking out two leftover containers. “We have left over salmon too if you want.”

 

“What is happening?”

 

Lisa turns off the music and after heating up the kitchen she walks back to the bed and lays down on it patting her side so Jisoo could do the same. “I’m cheering you up.” She said as she opened up her laptop to look for a Disney movie to watch.

 

“This is really not…”

 

“Shh… I hate talking during movies.”

 

They end up falling asleep with Lisa spooning Jisoo from behind, it was odd it was usually the other way around but the thai girl was not going to complain. She wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. After last night she figures she has some thinking and deciding to do.

 

When she wakes up, she finds Chaeyoung looking at her with amusement as she struggled to get off the bed without waking up the other girl. Hiding her smile behind her toast.

 

“Are you making fun of me?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Mm…” Lisa squints her eyes. “Not sure I believe you.”

 

“Too bad then.” Chaeyoung shrugs still eating her toast. “But seriously though, just how long will you keep doing this to yourself?” She whispers, mindful of not waking up the other girl.

 

“Are you trying to win the bet?” Lisa whispers back sitting down next to Australian girl and taking a bite out of her toast.

 

“No, I actually had faith in Jisoo, you snapping first means I lose and Jennie wins, which I obviously don’t want.” The blonde says defending herself. “This is about my friend being a love sick puppy for my other friend who just keeps breaking said friend's heart even if she pretends not to notice.”

 

“You lost me at friend.”

 

Chaeyoung sighs. “Listen… I love Jisoo, I do but that doesn’t take away the fact that she knows exactly what it does to you when she says no, when she comes here to talk about her current relationship, what you have to endure while having lunch with her and V… I mean you talk a lot about how V has to be more considarate of her feelings right? Well I think she should be more considerate about yours.”

 

“It’s not her fault she doesn't like me.”

 

“Girl.” Chaeyoung shoots her a look. “Trust me when I say Jisoo saying no has nothing to do with not liking you that way. But regardless of that fact my question still stands, how long will you keep doing this to yourself?”

 

Lisa stays quiet as she looks at Jisoo. Chaeyoung had a point and it was a point she thought of herself last night. Just how long can she keep doing this? Pretending that Jisoo’s disregard for her feelings doesn’t hurt, doesn’t break her heart?

 

“Listen, Lis… I know you love her. But maybe try putting yourself first this time okay?” The blonde says softly, leaving a kiss to Lisa’s forehead before getting up and leaving for her early class.

 

Lisa takes her laptop and lets the older girl sleep. She has been staring at the same empty word document for an hour, before it all just gets to be too much and ends up waking Jisoo up. The faster she gets over and done with it the better.

 

“Hey… chu, time to wake up.” She nudges the brunette on the side and watches as the girl rolls on her back and wipes the sleep from her eyes. “What time is it?”

 

“Around nine.” Lisa said, taking out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. “Here, get changed and then meet me outside we’re going for breakfast.”

-----------------------------------

 

Jisoo takes a sip of her iced coffee and looks straight ahead. They are sitting on the ground below a tall bridge. There was no other sound other than the river running and the birds above them.

 

“You come here a lot?”

 

“Most days.” Lisa answers. “I come here to clear my head… to dance, take photos… it's like an escape I guess.”

 

“Oh yeah… is this your secret dating spot?” Jisoo jokes.

 

The thai girl laughs lightly and shakes her head. “Nah… There's only one girl good enough to share this with. Speaking of…”

 

“Of…”

 

Lisa takes a deep breath and turns to look at Jisoo. “Jisoo, do you want me to move on?”

 

“Move on…”

 

“Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about.” Lisa said, almost annoyed. “Move on from you? Do I move on? Is that what you want?”

 

Sadness clouds the older girl’s face. She always knew this day would come. The day when Lisa’s finally had enough of her excuses and apologies. The day she actually starts asking for answers instead of sweeping it under the carpet. In her opinion this day came way too soon.

 

“Well.. I guess I want you to…” She clears . “To do what makes you happy.”

 

“You make me happy. Does that mean I get to do you?”

 

“Monkey… I have V.”

 

“V is not here!” Lisa snaps. “He never is. Because he’s always too busy playing rockstar on a sketchy bar and never has one minute to ask about you. I’m your friend right, Jisoo?” Lisa asks after taking a few deep breaths calming herself. “I’m the friend who always takes care of you when you are sick, who you go shopping with, I’m the friend who walks you home every night, who dries your tears when you feel sad and I’m the friend who has been dreaming about you and loving you for the past two years and yet I get heartbroken every time.”

 

Jisoo feels tears pooling on her eyes and somehow manages to speak even with the lump forming in . “What are you saying?”

 

“I’m saying. I need answers, Jisoo. Because I know this isn’t about V or the fact that you don’t want to ruin our friendship… so why?”

 

“Lisa I…”

 

“It’s me, right?” Lisa asks quietly. “I’m not good enough, right?”

 

“It's not you.” Jisoo whispers.

 

“Well…” Lisa sighs. “I can’t do this anymore. I need some time to get it together and just move on from you.” She said standing up and dusting her jeans off.

 

“Lali…”

 

“See you around, Jisoo.”

 

------------------------------------

 

A day before Valentine’s Day

 

Jisoo is sitting on V’s coach for dinner and a movie. She agreed because this is his own way of making up for their ruined valentine’s day plans. And everything about this screamed Lisa, because she knows V and she knows he would never come up with this on his own. And so Jisoo was having a terrible time. Because V wasn’t Lisa.

 

And that’s the worst part of it. Because the person she wished she was with at this moment is the person she had rejected countless times in the past.

 

She tried to call a bunch of times, but either Jisoo would hang up like a coward or the thai just wouldn’t pick up. She tried texting her, but she figures Lisa deserves more than a text, she wants to see her, talk to her, but now Jisoo thinks it might be too late for that. And she hates herself for that because she always thought she’d had more time to be ready before Lisa got enough of it, except the day came way too soon and she wasn’t ready.

 

Jisoo.

 

She had called her Jisoo.

 

Not Chu, not unnie… but Jisoo.

 

Lisa never did that. Never called her by her name just like that, always Jisoo unnie, but never just Jisoo and she didn’t like it. She didn’t like the way her name came out of her lips, she’d always imagined hearing it in a different way.

 

“You okay?” V asks, breaking their kiss.

 

Jisoo blinks. “Yeah, just distracted.”

 

“Okay then.” V says, he then starts tugging at her shirt. “You okay with this?”

 

Jisoo nods.

 

“Um.. I kinda need verbal consent here, babe.’

 

Jisoo sighs then. “Actually, no I’m not okay.” She admits. “I’m not okay with this date you set up because let’s be honest you are not this kind of guy, the kind to be super keen on romantic details and that’s okay but maybe I just want to be swept off my feet every once in a while you know? I want the flowers, and the chicken breakfast and the romantic dinner date under the moonlight.”

 

Instead of getting upset like Jisoo expected V actually chuckles as if he was already expecting it. “It’s Lisa isn't it?”

 

“Yes.” Jisoo finally admits and she feels as if a ton of bricks had been removed from her shoulders. “It’s always been Lisa.”

 

“Well… then why are you here with me? Go get your girl!”

 

“Wait… why are you not upset about this?”

 

“I’m not blind, Jisoo.” V said with a smile. “I see the way you look at Lisa. Whenever she is in the near vicinity no one else exists for you.” He said with a sad smile. “I figured she didn’t like you back and that’s why you were with me, which I’m okay with btw… this past months were great.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Jisoo said sincerely.

 

“It 's fine.” He said waving her apology off. “There’s more hot girls on campus.” He shrugged. “Now please go get your girl, otherwise I’ll feel very bad at being dumped.”

 

Jisoo smiled. “Okay. Thanks V.”

 

Jisoo walks to Lisa’s building all while going through several speeches in her mind, she thought maybe she could send her a text, ask her to meet her somewhere but Lisa wasn't responding to any of her calls, texts, emails… nothing. Besides Lisa deserved so much more than a text and god did she hope she was not too late.

 

Arriving to her building she goes on and nervously heads up stairs, when she reaches the door she stands there for a moment gathering her courage and just when she’s about to turn back around the door opens.

 

“You have a key you know?” Chaeyoung asks after opening the door.

 

“I was…”

 

“You were?”

 

“Is Lisa in?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“What do you mean no?”

 

“I mean she’s not here… not ‘no’ as if she doesn’t want to see you but ‘no’ as in she’s actually not here.” Chaeyoung explained knowing her friend was probably thinking of the former.

 

“Oh.” Said Jisoo disappointed. “I’m sorry you lost the bet.” She said dejected.

 

Chaeyoung huffed. “Does everybody know about the bet?”

 

“Jennietoldme.” Jisoo said quickly. “But thanks for having faith in me. Sorry I disappointed you.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled softly. “The bet is nothing but fun, Chu. You had your own process, no one is blaming you nor disappointed.”

 

“Lisa is.”

 

“Yeah... ¨Chaeyoung took Jisoo’s hand and led her inside, where the girl immediately sat on the designated spot on Lisa’s bed, her hand unconsciously grabbing Lisa’s hoodie that was resting by the foot of the bed.

 

“I’m… scared.” Jisoo confessed.

 

“Scared? Of what?”

 

Jisoo bites her lip. “Of not being enough. It’s why I kept telling her no… she’s… well her and I’m well… me.”

 

“Oh come on now, unnie. You have a lot to offer.”

 

Jisoo chuckles. “I do?”

 

“Yeah!” Chaeyoung exclaims. “Did you know both me and Jennie wanted to date you at one point?”

 

“Really?”

 

“Oh yeah! But then we saw how you looked at Lisa and decided to just let that ship sail you know? And then we got paired together in class and well you know the rest…”

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter anyway… I’m too late.” Jisoo said sadly looking at the hoodie.

 

“No you are not.” Chaeyoung stated. “You can still fix it. Think, Chu… what would Lisa do in this situation?”

 

Jisoo bites her lip as she thinks. What would Lisa do? Her eyes lit up the moment an idea pops into her head. “I know! But Chaeyoungie I’m going to need your help!”

 

--------------------------

 

Valentine Day’s

 

Lisa wakes up at 9 in the morning by the sound of Chaeyoung playing her piano besides her, a cheeky smile on her face. She was wearing a headband with a note that said ‘From: The girl who has loved you for two years. PS No is not Chaeyoung.’

 

The Australian girl was sitting up and looking at LIsa as she played.

 

It was the beauty of you,

you never gave up until you saw me happy

And it's the most beautiful thing to know

that you've never failed me

 

Now I know it's easy to say that I forgot you

That what we had never existed, that I failed you

I feel that today I love you more than normal

 

So fall in love again

I want to remind you how beautiful it is to see it

all in a cloud the color of the sky

 

“What the…? Oh .” Lisa wakes up fully after she realizes what was happening, and at lighting speed she gets off the bed and walks to their door to open it and lo and behold outside their door was a tray with a plate of french fries and a plate of gamjatang. Besides the plate a small teddy bear with a note that read… ‘It’s not a silly song because Chaeyoung said you deserve more than that and she’s right…’

 

“I lost the bet.” Chaeyoung said after she was done. “You should’ve waited a bit longer before asking for space tbh.” She said jokingly.

 

“Shut up. We both know you are more than happy to be Jennie’s slave for a day, not like it’s any different than every other d… ow!” Lisa falls backwards on the bed when the blonde throws her an array of plushies one after the other throwing both girls into a laughing fit.

 

After the laughter starts dying down Lisa then falls quiet starting at the note. “She’s not doing this out of pity right?” She asked with a hint of insecurity.

 

“No.” Chaeyoung said softly. “Trust me, Lisa, this is her own way of making it up to you and finally showing you what she has felt all along.” The thai girl doesn’t answer but instead starts eating the french fries as Chaeyoung looked at her. “Just trust me on this, Lis, you won’t be disappointed.”

 

“Okay…”

 

-------

 

When Lisa finishes dance class, ready to hail herself and a backpack full of textbooks all the way to the other side of campus, she is met by Irene, Jisoo’s bookclub friend, she steps up and hands Lisa a rose.

 

“I was told not to entertain any questions.” Is all Irene says as she hands her a card. “Now have you seen my girlfriend?”

 

Lisa nods. “She’s changing, should be out in a sec.” She said smiling at the rose. “Are you sure you can’t tell me anything?”

 

“Nope. So just wait with respect. Have a nice day, Miss Manoban.”

 

Lisa is left with happy and fluttering feelings as she watches the english major leave with her bear of a girlfriend in hand.

 

Throughout the day just like Lisa had described she kept receiving little things. Maybe a chocolate or cookies delivered to her by “cupid” in each of her classes, or even text messages or little notes with silly puns…

 

“You are one in a melon.” One card said with a little illustration of a Melon in the corner.

 

One text was a photo of two stray cats together and Jisoo’s text read: “You’ve got me feline fine.”

 

During lunch she got delivered a pizza and the message in the box said: “You have stolen a pizza of my heart.”

 

Then she got a carrot of all things, a remembrance of their trip to Jeju Island with Jennie and Chaeyoung. She remembered she got a carrot as a gift in a carnival game. “I really carrot about you.”

There were silly notes and puns and the hassle of having people delivered must’ve been a drag but Lisa appreciated it all that silliness is what made Jisoo well… Jisoo and it didn’t fail to make Lisa’s heartbeat go crazy every time because yes Jisoo was silly, and could come up with the craziest songs, scenarios and random comments but she was just as honest and loving as her silly humor.

 

By the end of the day she gets a cat plushy resembling Louis, Lisa’s cat back home, with another note…

 

8:00

 

You’ll know where I am.

PS. Here’s a hint: you said you’d only share the place with one girl.

 

Lisa gets ready in no time and before she knows it she’s standing with trembling hands, crazy beating heart and fluttering butterflies at the start of the bridge, taking a deep breath before heading down the hills and under the bridge. She knew right away it was the right spot, not just because of the hint but because the way it was arranged.

 

Fairy lights, a blanket with a basket of what she assumes is food in it and in the middle of it all was Jisoo waiting for her with her characteristic smirk.

 

“You made it.” She said with a smile. “I was worried you wouldn’t get the hint.”

 

“Yeah… well I did.” Lisa responded a bit light headed as she couldn’t believe this was happening.

 

Jisoo then smiles shyly looking around. “I wanted to do something special… make this day special, um, I..I hope you like it.”

 

It was a sight to see, the usually confident Jisoo smiling shyly and stammering a bit. It made Lisa fall just that much more for her.

 

“It’s perfect.” She answered by easing the older girl's worries. “Um, what’s with the walkway made of hershey’s though?”

 

“I wanted to kiss the ground you walk on.”

 

Lisa chuckles. “Oh God.” She mumbled.

 

Jisoo chuckles too, but then sighs and gestures to Lisa to sit down doing the same as well, sitting next to her, knees to her chest. “I fell for you junior year.” She says looking up at the river in front of her, and the confession makes Lisa’s eyes widen and almost choke on her own spit. “I had my clubs, my books, my followers or whatever…” She rolled her eyes. “No one really understood me, but then you showed up” She said smiling at the memory. “You just came and stomped your way into my life and suddenly I had someone to talk to, someone to call, someone to ask how I was doing, someone who cared.”

 

“And I was just smitten.” She said simply. “But… I couldn’t tell you that because I was afraid you’d reject me, I mean, I was a girl who read a lot, who has a weird sense of humor like you were so out of my league. You were smart and witty and everyone wanted a shot with you. I never felt I was good enough for you.”

 

“Chu, come on…” Lisa says, taking a hold of Jisoo’s hand.

 

“No, monkey.” Jisoo adjusted herself to make sure she could at Lisa properly. “I need you to understand that I never rejected you because I felt you weren’t good enough. I did it because I was afraid I wasn’t good enough.” Jisoo smiled sadly. “And then you told me how you felt and even then I still felt lacking, like what can I really offer you? What am I supposed to do if you end up realizing I’m not really worth it?”

 

Lisa shakes her head in defiance. “Chu…” She said sitting closer to her, leaning her face closer to hers. “I love you, the way you are, with your silly puns, your silly songs, your random comments, your childlike ideas… just the way you’ve always been. You are more than enough, and I promise I’ll spend forever trying to change your mind.”

 

Jisoo places her hand on Lisa’s jaw and pulls in closing the distance in between them. The feeling was strange yet perfect.

 

“You make me so happy.” Lisa whispered, pulling away a bit and making Jisoo smile.

 

“I love you too."