Swiped // Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: Okayyyy, got a new laptop yay! So this is a collection of all the pinks parings right so it's time for the others to shine a bit.

Don't worry Chaennie shippers there still will be chaennie oneshot here. I am writing a multi-chapter chaennie fic which will take some time to post because again I have to start from zero  :) In the mean time here's a Channie shot, next time will probably be Lisoo.

 

Enjoy and thanks for being patient! 

----------------------------

 

“Just give it a month, Rosie. And if you don’t find anyone, then you can say this whole thing was a failure.”

 

Dating apps weren’t Chaeyoung’s thing. She has tried them all, Tinder, Bumble, Taimi, Litmatch and the conclusion is always the same… She doesn’t like them. She likes meeting people in person, by chance, not by what something in an app shows you, how is that realistic? How is she supposed to know that person is even what they say they are?

 

On the other hand she was a firefighter so going out on dates was kind of hard expecially when you are on call, and when she’s not all she wants to do is stay in bed, listening to music and drawing.

 

“How do I know the person I meet is not actually an axe murderer?”

 

Lisa rolled her eyes. “You are a firefighter and an army veteran and I’m sick of seeing you mope on the couch like you’ve been doing for the last month or so because Suzy broke your heart. I know she cheated on you, but you can’t just eat ice cream and watch shows where people get murdered all day.”

 

Okay so maybe listening to music wasn’t the only thing she did in her free time…

 

“That’s not true. I go to work whenever I’m on call, saving lives mind you, and I pay my share of the bills. Oh, not to mention, I’m closer than ever to solving the JonBenét Ramsey case,” Chaeyoung pointed out. “Is there still ice cream in the freezer?”

 

“No, because you ate it all, Roseanne.” Lisa said, throwing in the blonde’s full name to emphasize her point. “And before you ask, it’s not on our grocery list either. If you put it on there I’m not getting it. You gotta stop spending so much time with Ben and Jerry and spend time with someone that’s not ice cream.”

 

“At least Ben and Jerry won’t cheat on me. And I spend time with you and Jisoo when she’s here.” Chaeyoung sighed, slightly annoyed with her roommate for two reasons. The main one being Lisa not listening to her. The other one was Lisa not buying her any ice cream.

 

“Besides, didn’t you meet Jisoo through actual human contact?”

 

“I mean I met her through BamBam dragging her to a work event, but what’s your point?”

 

“My point is you didn’t need a dating app for you to meet your girlfriend.”

 

“And my point is, I’m tired of seeing you mopey…”

 

“And you’re also tired of having me as you and Jisoo’s third wheel?” Chaeyoung asked, sending Lisa a pointed glance.

 

“It’s not that we don´t mind having you around. Jisoo and I need our alone time, y’know. Do you remember last week when she stayed the night-?

 

“Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can still hear the headboard banging…”

 

"You being sad and mopey interferes with my girlfriend’s head being between my legs about to make me scream, I want to throttle Suzy even more for cheating on you.”

 

Chaeyoung sighed. “I’ll think about it.”

 

And that’s how three hours later during a slow shift she sat in one of the empty bunks, working on her profile. She uploaded a couple of pictures, in her uniform, with her dog… of her in civilian clothing and then with a push of a button she’s now one of the millions of people using tinder.

 

After that is done she heads to the cafeteria and sits down as she drinks some orange juice and with a sigh she begins to swipe left and right on potential matches. Honestly she feels as if it’s a game, she’s not desperate to find love or someone to date; but she supposes Lisa is right, there’s no harm in what she’s doing.

 

She keeps swiping until a girl really gathers her attention.

 

“Jennie…”

 

Jennie, 27

 

Doctor, photographer, part-time model

 

2 Miles Away

 

Peace or Adventure? Brains or Beauty?

Money or Love? And if you had to give up one

of the choices you just made, which one

would it be? __ Me? Swipe Right ;)

 

“Doctor, photographer and model? Huh, weird combo.” The blonde looked at her pictures.

 

A black and white picture of her, her hair up in a ponytail showing off her side profile.Profile picture worthy most definitely.



 

xH0vZ2fP5CEIONb0zWPV5LbN2Zm6D5UqGDiZCcVVfM0U8QmfktWE7yv4TB8iXZev9KZzZ1_a5u7P81Jn7JqTYMIMkicYO73Hx7ycnXbT8dKb8B4emuvh-9VLejTSoQ4doxC1GVnG2ou2svB0Lg

 

Next up was a very cute photo of her with her dogs, she was laying down on a black leather couch whilst her dogs rested on top of her arms as she held them with her free one.

 

“Puppys.. you can never go wrong with puppies.”

 

QwjL5jHePEniI4jIIwiIxkMB5zwwYkG3FCns9M3yW5WqTO43sMM_JdUQf5hsKTxh7l6dfxW6Lz-bY7JJFEqQYCbrzo_2uQ_NHU1IZE8893dwfkjjQmMoPNf9JhbBcaE02ntBMdUBgNsbNTHg4g

 

“Woah.” A professional model picture that captured her attention, she raised an eyebrow in delight, a smile twisting her lips upwards.

 

DfGwymg8UI97obREITrAq6a2PQC9qNoIBeCHJEtLVNLXOzVYf7MzAlUaIdkl8xemdSnuSev_2utR4vUY0ppian6mvMxTEtTjZjl5G_z2GJ-eDkXboSPaNaQXUDpITiEteCpt3LGUfxCYNdyoow

 

And finally the one that make her ing heart go whoosh, was one of her sitting down in a flower field, sun shining bright on her and the cutest smile she has ever seen.

 

UP1KbrdjhdsYVP5snlVIOqvJ3iC8oB8gJCQ2puhWnITlVWw5xm0sMncLNGED8IJfQByF-NJZa1EP8HYnIU6HL9_-LGsN6R1mmHw31FxTuqF6UPSWmznPcyiplz5EKAqrSVbQvKo0soDCZMLQXA

 

Her admiration gets interrupted by the station alarm going off, with the urgency she has the half mind to swipe before locking her phone and running from her office.

 

You Super Liked Jennie!

 

—-------------------------------------------------

 

Collective idiocy.

You gotta love when a group of stupid teenagers came together. It was like osmosis almost, just how they got together to form one big stupid brain. A brain who thinks pouring liquid nitrogen into a pool and then swimming in it would be a good idea.

 

“I regret ever persuading the Battalion Chief to ever let you in my station.” Hyeri complained, checking the blonde’s vitals and wrapping all of bed, bath and beyond’s towel aisle around her to fight the coldness of the stupid firefighter who jumped into the pool.

 

“It’s my job to save people at the expense of my own life, remember?”She manages to say while stuttering. “Even when they are incredibly stupid.” She says, louder than she should, clearly directing it to the panicking teenagers.

 

"You're talking a lot for someone who nearly suffocated,"

 

"I am a professional."

 

"You're a paramedic. You can't even do a surgery. Be quiet and let a proper doctor check you out."

 

“Fine.”

 

Once in the hospital, Chaeyoung forgets just how cold she is when the doctor taking care of her was the girl she saw on tinder, she looks down at the floor though she knows her eyes are betraying her as she keeps taking glances at the pretty doctor.

 

She’s sure if it wasn’t for the cold she would be blushing as the brunette doctor asked her to take off her shirt.

 

Honestly though in real life and up close she was ing beautiful.

 

“You look familiar. Have we met before?” The pretty doctor broke the silence once she finished listening to her lungs.

 

The blonde shook her head. “I don’t think so. I feel like I would remember if we did.” This time, the brunette blushed. Chaeyoung smiled internally, at least the liquid nitrogen didn’t leave her speechless and gameless.

 

The brunette smiles. “You are right, you would be hard to forget.” Aaand now Chaeyoung is blushing again, damn it.

 

“Lungs sound normal, so you should be fine to go home. Not the station but home.”

 

The blonde frowns at her.

 

“Your Captain told me to not let you be a stubborn firefighter and literally write you a prescription note on what to do.” She said waving the prescription notepad in front of her.

 

“Ah.”

No more was said after that, the pretty doctor was busy filling out her chart while Chaeyoung was tapping her fingers against the edge of the bed, gathering her courage and finally after what felt like forever she asked…

 

"Do you want to grab a drink later? If you're free obviously." Chaeyoung blurted out, listening to tinder was one thing, but wasn’t she preaching to Lisa about not needing an app to meet a potential girlfriend?

 

Honestly she’s taking this as a sign from the universe, what are the chances that the pretty girl she swiped right on tinder was the same pretty doctor who was attending to her right now? She might as well take her chance.

 

The doctor paused her writing and looked up at her. “Oh, I can’t, I’m sorry.” She said dejectly and with an apologetic look. “I have a… date.”

 

After a moment of awkward silence Chaeyoung replied. “That’s cool. Maybe another time.”

 

Before anything else could be said, Yeri was suddenly at the end of the bed,making them both jump as neither had noticed her come in.

 

“Hey, lieutenant. How you doing?”

 

“Good.” She replied, jumping off of the bed. “I think I’m pretty much done here, right?” Her voice was even, no longer as friendly and warm as before and she seemed in a hurry to get out of there as soon as possible.

 

“Uh- sure, your lungs are fine, just need to get the paperwork and you can go.”

 

“Great.” Chaeyoung pulled on her shirt and sat back on the bed, not looking at the brunette doctor in embarrassment.

 

“I’ll be five minutes.”

 

“Doctor’s hot!” Yeri said once the brunette walked away.

 

“She is.”

 

“You should ask her out.”

 

“I did, she said no.”

 

“She said no?!” She practically shouted, CHaeyoung shushed her and tried to put a hand over . “But, the way she was looking at you, why would she say no?”

 

“She already has a date” She sighed.

 

“Oh… sorry Lit.”

 

A pause.

 

“Hey, can you unswipe someone on tinder?”

 

—-----------------------------------

 

Jennie was hitting her head repeatedly against her forearm as she leaned forward on the table.

 

“You are an idiot.”

 

“I’m an idiot.”

 

“Who’s an idiot?”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“I am.”

 

Doctor Bae was standing at the door of the on-call room, her top doctor was burying her head in her arms while her other doctor was shaking her head at her in a disappointed manner.

 

“O-kay, why are you an idiot?”

 

Jennie sighed as she lifted her head. “A firefighter. I gave up on a date with a firefighter.”

 

“A hot firefighter.” Eunso said.

 

“A hot firefighter.” She repeated while groaning and going back to hitting her head.

 

Irene frowned and walked over to stop the girl from hitting her head. “Okay, explain.”

 

The brunette sighed. “You know the tinder date I had last night.”

 

“Terrible time.”

 

“Yes, terrible time” Jennie admitted. “It was terrible, it was boring, the girl was trying too hard! So yesterday morning this gorgeous and hot firefighter, a hot Australian firefighter!, came in and she asked me out and you know what I said?”

 

“You said…”

 

“I said I have a date.” She replied angrily. “I, the top doctor of this hospital rejected a hot firefighter–”

 

“A hot Australian firefighter!”

 

Jennie pointed at Eunso. “A hot Australian firefighter, over some stupid meanigless tinder date!”

 

“Ah, right… and if you thought she was hot why did you say no?”

 

“Because I had a date!”

 

“Because she had a date.” Eunso said matter of factly.

 

 

Now Irene was confused, Eunso and Jennie clearly knew what they were talking about and what the big deal was, but Irene for herself was still confused. If you don’t like someone, why say yes? And if you do like someone why say no over the someone you said yes to?

 

“I’m confused.”

 

Just then the person on the top bunk, a.k.a Doctor Shon, makes her appearance to clarify the situation to the poor confused Chief of surgery.

 

“Jennie said yes to the date because although she wasn’t interested, the girl seemed sweet and kept trying so she wanted to give her a chance, she said no to the hot firefighter–”

 

“Hot Australian firefighter”

 

“To the hot australian firefighter, because it didn’t felt right to agree to go on a date with her without rejecting the other girl properly beforehand but she feels like an idiot because instead of saying that to the hot australian firefighter she simply said 'No I have a date' and now she has no way of contacting her and she gave up at the very least a very hot pleasurable night with a firefighter because of a cute gamer dudette.”

 

Irene nodded, finally understanding the point. “I see, well if she’s a firefighter maybe you’ll be able to see her again right? They come regularly for patients so there’s still hope right?”

 

Jennie groaned and fell back on her chair.

 

Eunso shook her head and slided her phone towards her. “Might as well start swiping again, Jen.”

 

Jennie groaned again and took her phone dejectedly, unlocking it and heading to the app and starts swiping left and right until…

 

“Oh my God!”

 

“What?”

 

“Oh my God!”

 

“What? What?” Eunso said, taking the phone from Jennie. “Oh my God!”

 

“What?!” Irene and Wendy shouted at the same time.

 

“That’s her!” Jennie said, taking the phone and showing it to the other two. “The hot Australian firefighter!”

 

Just then all the girls walked and got around Jennie as they all looked at the profile.

 

(A/N Let’s all pretend this first picture is of her in her uniform okay? okay.)

 

atvrR1c_bG-DAz0lhxxQ6kJE2RY9jcj7xeRK0HV9feuxs02LrifPEMTX5EC09uM-0doG9q1DRpQYh8wgSP9lL7N0nl46TW2AcUYeTIkfBjd12Yv52VJDsfIrBsay8Vf9Ibh3CVQxg_U3H7VyLw


 

“Holy , Jennie, you are an idiot!” Wendy said after seeing her profile picture.

 

“Right?” Eunso said.

 

“I know!” Jennie complained.

 

“Everyone shut up, Jennie keep seeing the pictures.”

 

This next one caused Jennie to smile a bit, the blonde seemed to be on a boat with a guitar in her arms. ‘She plays the guitar… she looks so at peace.’

 

“She’s plays the guitar? Jen, she’s a creative soul like you.” Eunso said with a grin.

 

ad5fHc6m8jTbzM-ARSoss9vv1I_44eTRg0g_6hR15YTD3lBG8iifxg8GojquHQyQMAS072iaUYWyrv24VxvNh6TlhVazXU5a18FgUKEJeBVqSQkE1-FmtAFVNvIyl-x-TTRN0V2wEk29GmJkmQ


 

“Aww well that’s cute.” Irene said at the next picture.

 

It was a black and white photo of her, with her hair loose, comfy clothes, sitting on the sofa whilst holding a dog in her arms.

 

“Kuma and Kai will have a friend.”

 

AV8WWDI3vvbAZHMOXnuWt3zaa9bQEeiTAmrL6TrFmy_Q1CNwd-UxOhm8XQppttVKpjIdw0eTYU7c7FlmYhuFVMaSbeqi42cXO_4dq0cfXw28ZINxGj8r6R29giB-GEqTXWazNRe0ITQ0UqKOMA

 

And the last one, the last one is what makes everyone’s ovaries explode because holy hell this girl is hot.

 

A mirror selfie of her in a suit, a ing suit.

 

t5zM4N-FD-A2h10C_a9lbK-sjB7LDIvEwO3zhgkaA3Jo6WPwGRY0m80qF6yndnD8lyf9raChTBe_LShVmLdF3vMBO5h7mOOp5b7yf_uFjC-eJDx52tN17H6qnz5EByTtkcs5qAyQAHIzOviTxA

 

“Jennie Kim, I swear if you don’t swipe up right now I will go to every fire station there is in this city until I find her and ask her out myself.” Eunso threatened, not like Jennie needed it, oh she’ll swipe up alright.

 

You Super Liked Roseanne!

 

All the girls looked at the phone for a second until…

 

It’s a Match!

 

Cheers and many ‘you go girl’s are heard around the on-call room. Because Jennie Kim was an idiot, but an idiot who just got a second chance with a hot Australian firefighter!

 

“We matched!”

 

“You matched!”

 

“I have another chance!”

 

“With the hot firefighter!”

 

“The hot australian firefighter!”

 

—---------------------------------------

 

“Okay, what we got?” Wendy said as Yeri and Joy jumped out of the back of the aid car with the gurney.

 

“Lieutenant Roseanne Park. 27. Head lac. Possible gade 2 concus—”

 

“I am fine! I just need stitches!”

 

Wendy looked to the patient to see her holding a load of gauze over the right of her forehead, blood flowing down her face from underneath it.

 

Wendy turned to look at her resident. “Page Dr. Kim.” She whispered.

 

“But wh–”

 

“Did I stutter?” Wendy asked seriously. “Page her now.”

 

The scared resident did as she asked as they wheeled the blonde over to the bed. Said blonde wasn’t too keen on being here, especially not a day after her rejection, she kept looking around hoping to not see the pretty doctor.

 

Wendy tried to hide a smile knowing exactly what the blonde was doing. "Okay, Lt. Park–”

 

“Chaeyoung’s fine.”

 

“Okay, Chaeyoung, I'm Dr Shon, I'm going to check you out and then we’ll probably need to book you in for a CT."

 

The blonde groaned, swatting Joy’s and Yeri’s hands away as they tried to lift her on to the bed. “I can do it.” She swung her legs off the gurney and stood, swaying a little before almost falling if it wasn’t for Yeri catching her.

 

“Oop, yep, we are definitely booking you in for a CT.” Wendy said with a chuckle. “Right , let’s see.” She put some gloves on and peeled away the gauze, noticing a deep laceration on her eyebrow. “Jeez, what happened?”

 

“Drunk couple, they were arguing and the girlfriend threw a photo frame at him and well… Chae… got in the way.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah.” The blonde said. “You two can go.” She told the other two girls. “You are still on call, and I’ll probably be here a while.”

 

“You sure?” Joy asked.

 

“That’s an order.”

 

Yeri and Joy nodded, saluting at her. “Aye Aye Captain!” The two turn to walk away but not before Yeri leaned down by Chaeyoung’s ear and whispered. “Keep an eye out for your hot doctor.”

 

The blonde groaned.

 

“Okay, look at the light for me.” Wendy said and moved the light side to side then up and down. “Any nausea or dizziness?”

“A bit dizzy.”

 

"Okay." She put her light back in her pocket, "You definitely have a grade 2 concussion and as for—”

 

“It’s you!”

 

The two girls turned around to their left where a surprised Jennie was standing looking at the blonde, the blonde who she had rejected, the blonde who she matched with on tinder, the blonde who did respond to her message yesterday.

 

Now Jennie is an idiot with a chance. Thank you gay gods.

 

Oh this was not happening. The brunette stood there in her scrubs and her hair tied back, and wow did she look good.

 

But–wait…

 

“It’s me?” She question still very dizzy and confused.

 

“What happened?”Jennie asked walking over to stand next to Wendy, and Chaeyoung was confused as to what the pretty doctor was doing here and why did she look so relieved yet so concerned when she saw her.

 

“House fire and a very angry wife threw and photo frame at the husband but she got in the way.” Wendy explained. “Okay, she’s all yours to patch up. Gotta head to surgery now.” She said then leaning towards Jennie before walking away. “Still got a shot, don’t mess it up.”

 

The doctor walked away, leaving the two women looking at each other, once with embarrassment and the other with concern.

 

“Um–” Chaeyoung spoke up. “You said it’s me?” She asked, confused. “Um, it is me, but not sure why you are so surprised it’s me?”

 

“Uh–” Jennie bit her lip and finally drew the curtain around them. She got some gloves on and proceeded to wipe the blood away from Chaeyoung softly. “Close your eyes.” The blonde did so as the doctor gently cleaned the blood from her eyelid. “I was asked on a date yesterday.”

 

The blonde could only sigh as she said so. “I heard.” She replied. “How was it?”

 

"The thing is…" Jennie thought for a moment before continuing, "the morning before the date I met this woman and she kind of captured my attention."

 

“Oh really.”

 

“Mmhm.” Jennie removed the cloth and stood back waiting as the blonde opened her eyes to look at her. “Because she came in and she looked pretty and nice, and–” She bit her lip as she looked at the blonde up and down. “She was really hot, with a very hot Australian accent.” She smiled, noticing the way the blonde briefly looked away with a blush. “And then I couldn't stop thinking about her all day.”

 

“She sounds pretty awesome.” Chaeyoung grinned at her.

 

Jennie chuckled. “Yeah, so then I super swiped her on tinder thinking this was my second chance…”

 

Chaeyoung winced. “Ah… I’m guessing the girl didn’t respond to your message.”

 

“Yep.”

 

The blonde shrugged. “She probably deleted the app.” She said.

 

"That's a shame."

 

"Yes it is." Jennie watched Chaeyoung closely with a warm smile and they both lost themselves in each other's eyes. Until the curtain was ripped back once again and Dr Shon walked in.

 

“Okay. Time for your CT. You are welcome to join us, Dr. Kim.”

 

—-------------------------------


 

"How did you say no to her? She's a badass. She's hot–"

 

"So hot."

 

"She's kind of adorable. Like in a golden retriever kind of adorable.”

 

"I know." Jennie whined. "I didn't say no. I just said I couldn't do it that day because I had a date."

 

“Well that was dumb.”

 

“I know.”

 

“So are you going to ask her out?”

 

“Yes.” Jennie said. “I’m going to see if she wants to get a drink later this week.”

 

“You better. Because if you don’t I will.” Wendy said, looking at Chae’s scans. “Girlfriend be damned.”

 

“I will. Don’t you worry.”

 

—-----------------------

 

It’s been a week since the two met once again. Since both of their schedules had been hectic they haven’t had a chance to go on a proper date yet. But they had been making time to see one another. Chaeyoung would always make sure to say hi to her if she was in the ambulance during one of her calls. If not she would at least make sure to ask one of her friends to give her a note.

 

Jennie would always make sure to text her good morning and ‘be safe’ everyday. She would make sure to call her when she was free and there were times when Jennie was just finishing as the blonde arrived with a patient, those times the blonde would always walk her out and to her car.

 

They started getting to know each other by text pretty much, and right now their relationship could be considered a friendship even if they both knew they wanted more.

 

Chaeyoung feels a hand grab hers as they walk towards Jennie’s car, the blonde looks down at the intertwined hands then up at a smiling Jennie.

 

“Is this okay?” Jennie asks. “I mean… we are kind of dating right? Like we haven’t gone on a date just yet but we’re dating right?”

 

“Yeah, I like to think we are” Chaeyoung looks down and smiles to herself because this entire thing just feels so right.

 

“Can I tell you something? It’s a funny story. I didn’t like tinder, never understood it. But then one day a friend of mine convinced me to try it, I swiped left constantly but then this girl showed up.” She said with a smile. “I looked at your pictures and all,and I super liked you…”

 

Chaeyoung let out a laugh at the silly story, the story that basically started it all. “You said this girl is really great? You like her a lot?” Jennie steps forward and takes Chaeyoung’s hand in hers, never breaking eye contact.

 

“I like her a lot”

 

“I like you a lot too” Jennie runs her hand up and cups Chaeyoung’s jaw, the brunette leans in and kisses the blonde’s cheek. “I don’t kiss before the first date”

 

“You just did”

 

“I mean on the lips”

 

“Are you free tomorrow? No, today? Are you free right now? Dinner, I can take you to dinner, good first date right?” The blonde asked eagerly.

 

And the brunette could laugh freely at the dork in front of her. “Thanks to the gay Gods for you getting in the way of a photo frame.”