The Parks / Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

Snippets of Chaennie's married life.

Based on several tik toks because apparently I've reached that level of boredom during this pandemic and I either play videogames or watch tik toks in my free time, productive time? Idk her. That project I started a few months ago? Don't even know what you talking about.

----------------------------------

Park Chaeyoung and Jennie Kim got married five and a half years ago. Everybody saw it coming. It was only logical they would, the moment their eyes crossed each girl knew they were done, their heart belonged to the other.

 

They went to the same high school but don’t get mistaken this wasn’t a childhood best friend love story no, because the two actually started a year after their HS graduation, they hanged out within the same friend circle and their best friends were dating each other so it was only natural that they would meet.

 

They met one faithfull night in January during Jisoo’s birthday celebration, they talked the whole night, exchanged numbers and the rest as they say is history. Three months later Jennie found out she was pregnant with their first kid, it was scary and she thought she made a mistake but Chaeyoung proved her otherwise and stepped up in every possible way. a year later the two were getting married in the courthouse while a latin couple waited behind them, and that’s how their official wedding song became Mayores by Becky G.

 

They didn’t mind, it made for a good laugh. And it was always worthy with how Chaeyoung didn’t hesitate to pull Jennie into her arms to goofily dance with her when they heard the song on the street, or a restaurant. It was what made them well… them.

 

Now as mentioned they went to the same high school together but seeing as Jennie is older than Chaeyoung they didn’t know each other during that time… or did they?

 

“Do you think you and I would’ve dated in high school?” Jennie asked one day as they are driving to pick up their kid from her parent’s place.

 

Chaeyoung drives as she thinks about for a second, remembering her high school self and chuckling. “Yes, absolutely.”

 

“You do?”

 

“Absolutely.” She said with a firm nod. “Yes, oh my gosh.” She said as her eyes looked at the side mirror before she turned. “I was a weirdo, you wouldn’t have dated me but I would’ve dated you.” She says, still smiling.

 

“Well you don’t know that, because we never met each other.” Jennie reasons. “I was older than you.” She said as she frowned at the way Chaeyoung was laughing knowingly. “We never knew each other. Right?”

 

“Oh, I knew you… I did. Are you kidding me?”

 

“What?”

 

“Of course I knew you.”

 

“But you said…”

 

“I totally crushed on you.” Chaeyoung admitted with a slight blush. “I saw you in the hallways, you were so beautiful.”

 

Jennie’s jaw dropped and her right hand reached out to hold Chaeyoung's wrist in absolute surprise. “Shut up.”

 

“Yes! Again I was weird so I would’ve dated you, but you would’ve never dated me!”

 

“But I asked you..” Jennie asked, still finding it hard to get over this new info. “I asked you if you knew me from high school and you said no!”

 

“Well I lied.”

 

“Wait what?! You knew me!”

 

Chaeyoung laughed. “Well I didn’t know you… I knew who you were.”

 

Jennie gasped. “And then you got me pregnant?”

 

“On purpose…. OW! I’m driving!”

 

------------------------

 

Jennie Kim was a jealous person and possessive.

 

Said woman says she only loves passionately but no it wasn’t jealousy, not at all.

 

But everyone around her knew the truth and most of all they knew her “passion” came out to the fullest when it came to her very own wife, even Lisa, Chaeyoung’s best friend, who was very touchy had to reel in her touching when Jennie was around, she liked being alive.

 

Don’t believe it? Here are some examples of said “passion”:

 

Exhibit A:

 

That time Chaeyoung had to sleep in the living room because she made a very terrible mistake while she was half asleep.

 

Jennie was sitting on the couch, some rerun of her favorite show playing on TV while she scrolled through her instagram. She suddenly feels a warm body behind her and soft lips on her forehead.

 

Looking up she shows her, her phone screen.

 

“Hey, you like?”

 

Chaeyoung looks at the screen for a second and nods. “I’d go out with her.”

 

If looks could kill, the australian was sure she’d be a mountain of dust right now.

 

“I meant the shirt.”

 

Chaeyoung realizes her mistake right then and there. “Um, should I take my things and go?”

 

“Before I chop off your balls, yes.”

 

Suffice to say, Chaeyoung slept in the living room with no blanket, no pillow, just her own winter coat and yes, with one eye open as she did not trust her wife to not kill her in her sleep.

 

Chaeyoung had to make so many trips to Target that month to make up for it; her wallet was still in pain.

 

Exhibit B:

 

That time someone decided to leave a flirty note on Chaeyoung’s car window while she was out with Jennie.

 

“What 's that?” Jennie asked after getting in the car, pointing at the windshield.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Did you run a red light again?”

 

“It was only once!”

 

“No, my love. It has been three times.” Jennie said as she got out of the car to take the piece of paper.

 

“Huh.” The brunette says once she got back in the car, a frown on her face.

 

“What?”

 

“Couldn’t keep my eyes off you.” She began to read with a high pitched voice. “Thought I shoot my shot, here’s my number call me, handsome.”

 

“Oooh, that’s for me?” Chaeyoung asked looking around mostly to warn whoever left the note to run away as fast as they could.

 

Her wife on the other side kept staring at the note with a scowl. “I don’t understand I’ve literally been beside you the whole time.”

 

“That was bold.” Chaeyoung said, looking at her wife.

 

“Does she think I’m your sister?!” Jennie snaps looking at her, hand throwing the paper away and left hand running through her hair and Chaeyoung loses it in that moment, nothing funnier than her wife’s jealousy. “Does she think we are related?!” She continued looking around for the girl. “Is that what you think?!”

 

“Babe…”

 

“What the hell is wrong with her?” Jennie continued to ramble angrily, ignoring her wife “Cuz obviously you were with a woman with a RING.” She screams the last word out the window.

 

“Yeah, and what did I do?” Chaeyoung asked, not defending herself but kinda doing so. “I didn’t do anything.”

 

“Who KNOWS what you did! WHO KNOWS!”

 

“I’m just chillin’ lookin’ handsome.” Chaeyoung said, looking away with a smile.

 

Jennie chuckles then, her wife’s comment thankfully breaking the tension, she takes a deep breath still looking at the window. “Come on girls…” She said calmly and Chaeyoung thought she was done but boy was she wrong. “WE’RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE EACH OTHER BACKS!”

 

Exhibit C:

 

Chaeyoung had brought Jennie to one of her favorite places on earth, Target, she brought her here to buy some things for the house, but as per usual the brunette got distracted on the makeup aisle, leaving her wife to wonder alone through the store as she pushed the cart and scrolled on her phone as she waited.

 

And well she has waited for 20 minutes, she’s hungry, she’s tired and she just wants to go home now.

 

She has enough experience to know that there is nothing that can get her woman out of that aisle, well nothing except for one thing, a little something she likes to call ‘How do you get your wife to leave the makeup aisle at Target.’

 

Step one, choose an aisle besides the make up one where women like to be. Chaeyoung’s choice is the pillow aisle.

 

Step two, send a text:

 

[Hubby <3 5:27 P.M.]

 

SOS some girl is hitting on me by the pillow aisle.

 

[Hubby <3 5:27 P.M.]

 

I keep telling her no and showing off my ring but she keeps getting closer

 

Step three, wait.

 

Next thing you know you’ll hear someone running and if you reeeeally focused you could probably hear Jennie’s ‘Stay away from my woman.’ battle cry.

 

Suffice to say, Jennie arrives panting while Chaeyoung laughs at her.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” She manages to say.

 

“You were kidding?!” Jennie asks leaning on her knees. “Do you know how fast I just ran here?” She said standing up straight and walking towards her wife. “I thought you were serious!”

 

“Nooo.” Chaeyoung responds between laughs.

 

“I’m so embarrassed!” The brunette said looking around. “I said…’STAY AWAY FROM MY WOMAN.’”

 

“I know, I heard.”

 

“I GOTTA PEE ON HER.”

 

That got Chaeyoung to stop laughing. “You gotta pee on me?”

 

“Well yeah, like mark my territory.”

 

“Yeah, I get it you little weirdo.”

 

“Your little weirdo.”

 

“My little weirdo.”

 

-------------------------------

 

Here’s the thing, kids are great, they really are. Especially when you have them with the love of your life. Chaeyoung and Jennie had a little Jennie and a little Chaeyoung of their own, a 5 and 2 year old to be exact. But at the same time when both their parents are creative people makes it really hard to watch a toddler make a school project filled with uncoordinated colors, materials and just a mess.

 

Chaeyoung could handle it, she called it creative freedom, she believed the kids would acquire their own style of creativity as they grew up plus the kids where less than 10 of course their projects would be a mess, so she just let it happen and patiently helped the kids.

 

Her wife on the other hand… she was art director in a very big entertainment company, and at times...ejem… always that side of her came out when her 5 year-old would work on a project and more than once she had ended up doing her kids project.

 

It was Thursday afternoon and while her wife cooked dinner Jennie stood behind her daughter with a frown, hand on trying very hard to not take over her little Olivia’s project.

 

Jennie watched as her daughter reached for a grey color, and her eyes widened because grey did not go with that shade of red, opened and closed several times her hand coming and going, really struggling to keep it together.

 

“I think…” She begins casually. “Maybe… that color would be better.” She said, pointing at a darker shade of red.

 

“Mmm, this one?” Olivia asked, pointing at a horrible bright pink.

 

“Mmno… that one.”

 

“This one?”

 

‘Mmm no, no… that... that one….” She gently pushed the color towards her daughter's hand.

 

“So this one?”

 

Jennie shook her head as her kid pointed at a yellow color. “Nooo.”

 

“Don’t do her project for her again.” Chaeyoung said coming in from the kitchen.

 

“I’m not!” Jennie exclaims. “I’m really not!”

 

Her two year old looked between her two moms curiously and deeming the whole thing boring she went back to play with her zippy cup.

 

“This one?” Her daughter asks again this time pointing at the same red color that she planned to use from the beginning.

 

“Mmhmm.” Jennie forced herself to nod as she watched Chaeyoung walk back into the kitchen. “Yeah great job sweetie...okay she’s gone, here’s what you gonna do.”

 

“But mommy said…”

 

“Tsk, tsk… not a word, baby okay?” She whispered, choosing the correct colors. “Mama wants an A”

 

And if Olivia’s teacher had a serious talk to Jennie about letting her kid do her own thing in order to grow well that’s a story for another time.

 

And CHaeyoung, Oh that little chipmunk has the patience of a saint, even when her eldest kid interrupts her night of drinking beer and watching netflix after a very stressful day at work with something silly…

Jennie was out having a girls night with Irene, Solar and Nayeon, a weekly girls night to destress and complain about their kids and respective partners, very valid and necessary or so they say. Either way Chaeyoung likes that she has those nights, because she gets to have the house to herself to watch whatever she wants on TV, drink some beers and order take out while her kids sleep. It was her own girls night so to speak.

 

So Chaeyoung was opening up her favorite drink when she felt something or rather someone pulling on her pant leg.

 

“What the…”

 

“Hi there mommy.”

 

Chaeyoung frowns and looks at her watch. “Honey, it’s 10 p.m. you got a Frozen themed rave you heading off to? Why are you up?” She asks gently and hoping her kid could get on with it quickly as there’s a disney marathon she has to get to.

 

“I was in my room.”

 

Chaeyoung takes a drink of her beer. “Why are you breathing so hard, sweetie?”

 

Her kid looks down then up at her. “I was practicing dance, can I show you?”

 

A look at her watch and one more zip to her drink. “Alright, go ahead.”

 

Her kid then proceeds to do some random movements with her arms and leg and Chaeyounh does her best to look impressed though her eyes still go her watch noticing she’s now three minutes late to her disney marathon.

 

“That’s pretty good.” She tells Olivia once the kid was looking up at her with a proud look on her face.” Um, but where’s the music? Why don’t you have any music??

 

“I was using your phone but then it fell and it stopped working.”

 

Chaeyoung blinks a couple of times and takes a deep breath, taking a long zip from her beer.

 

“Go to bed.”

 

-------------------------------

 

If there is one thing that makes Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung is the way she loves, she loves wholeheartedly with her heart on her sleeve and when it comes to her wife she goes above and beyond to make her happy and that includes spoiling her every once in a while…

 

Jennie was doing her makeup in the bathroom when Chaeyoung comes up behind her with a proud smile.

 

“Hey babe.”

 

“Hey.” She answers putting on her mascara.

 

“How are ya?”

 

“Good.”

 

“Great, you wanna go shopping today?”

 

Jennie scuffs and side eyes her while still doing her makeup. “We can’t go shopping, we have a baby.”

 

“Nope, your mom is coming to pick them up in thirty minutes, we have a babysitter all lined up, we are going to go to Home Goods.” Jennie pauses. “Then we are going to go to Target.” Jennie turns to look at her. “Sounds good? So far? Yeah?” Jennie nods, a little smile forming on her face.

 

“Then we’re going to get some mani and pedi’s, drink some champagne while we do so.”

 

“What?” Jennie asks, still in shock, her hands still holding the mascara bottle and wand.

 

“Yeah!”

 

Jennie gasps and makes a show of closing off the mascara.

 

“Oh! Mascara is getting put down, things are serious.” Chaeyoung teases.

 

“What?” Jennie asks again, still not believing it.

 

“Then we’ll go to get brunch, you want brunch?”

 

“Mimosas.” Jennie whispers.

 

“Yeah, get some pancakes.” Jennie gasps. “Some bisquets.” Another gasp.

 

“And then?” Jennie asked, excited.

 

“Then whatever you wanna do.” Another gasp. “Then maybe some lunch, or some ice cream.”

 

“Milk ice cream?!” She asks in an excited high pitched voice.

 

Chaeyoung chuckles. “Yeah, milk ice cream.”

 

“Wait, really?!”

 

“Yeah, you ready?”

“Yeah!” Jennies leaves her makeup display in the bathroom and that’s when you know things are serious, she then proceeds to head out of the bathroom with an excited ‘yeah’ while jumping up and down and her wife watching her with a goofy loving smile.

 

“God, I love that woman.”

 

xxxxx

 

Another thing Chaeyoung likes to do is compliment her wife on something she knows she’s low key insecure about and at times is nothing serious, could be a silly thing but she likes making her wife feel good…

 

“Baby…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Your looks juicy.”

 

“My what?” Jennie turns to look at her after putting on her seatbelt.

 

“Your .” Chaeyoung repeats with a flirty look.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, I was watching you get in the car and I was like daaaamn that’s a juicy . You’ve been working out haven’t you?”

 

“Wait… really?” Jennie asked with a smile, and leaning back.

 

“Yeah, pilates have been paying off.” She tells her with a wink.

 

“Wait...what?!” Jennie asks in a high pitched voice, hand touching Chaeyoung’s thigh in shock.

 

“Yeaaah!”

 

“You can see a difference?!” Jennie asks, almost adjusting in her seat. “How much bigger do you think my is?”

 

Chaeyoung looks at it one more time and then at her wife. “Like a solid 75% for sure.”

 

“SEVENTY FII… baby I have been squatting soo…” She turns a bit more to see her own with a smile. “Really?!”

 

“Oh yeah.”

 

“Oh, baby, you are so getting laid tonight.”

 

------------------------------

 

Jennie met Chaeyoung on a January night, she fell in love that same night, three months later she found out she was pregnant and she was scared, scared that she had make a mistake, that she was throwing her life away for someone she barely knew, but Chaeyoung stepped up in every way possible, told her they would take it one day at a time, she was there for every doctor’s appointment staying at Jennie’s apartment when she was feeling down or tired, always making her a priority.

 

She shows Jennie a love that she never knew was possible and a year later they were blessed with the most beautiful baby and they both took another step officially getting married on a Monday afternoon at the courthouse, while Mayores played in the background, they bought a small apartment near college campus and so their new life began.

 

It wasn’t easy, they started having arguments for every little thing, almost got a divorce because of it, Jennie didn’t know she was battling postpartum depression. But she got the help she needed along with the most patient and caring person in the world, they both put in the work and they both discovered the wonders of parenthood and married life together as a team, always as a team.

 

So yeah, it was hard and it was unexpected but if you ask them both they wouldn’t change a single thing, they would do it all over again,