And I'll Run To You (Chaennie)

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N, originally wrote this for another pairing, so I just changed the names and adjusted the story a bit.

--------

Jennie sighed as a trail of smoke escaped her lips, her eyes looking up to the darkened sky above her that she failed to notice before.

The world was silent, compared to the chaos that was inside the building, everyone freaking out about makeup and wings, and not falling on the runway, it was too noisy for her she needed the peace and quiet, the chaos did nothing but interrupt the model’s thought of process. Everyone thought she was nervous about the show, they could tell by the furrowed eyebrows and continuous muttering under her breath. Or at least, that’s what they thought, little did they know she was more worried about the musical guest.

Her mind went to back to a three days ago, a party, specially the events that happened afterwards. Hoping to avoid confrontations, she had left the apartment of a very talented, very attractive blonde musician before the first rays of sunlight could peek in through the window, summoning her to what she dreaded.It wasn’t the first time it had happened, they been doing it for the past three months, three months of the singer waiting for Jennie to stay, only to have her gone in the morning, Jennie was surprised as to why Chaeyoung kept going back to her, if she was her, she would’ve given up already, and that’s what Jennie was afraid of, in fact she was pretty sure that had happened already.

In reality if there was one thing in the world, that the model was afraid of, it had to be love. All her past relationships had, in a way, left her broken-hearted, which she thought of as strings to her heart and she knew that those strings were never meant to be handed over to anyone, not at any cost because she knew her heart wouldn’t be able to handle the heartbreak again, but since meeting the beautiful singer, she felt herself slowly lose control of those strings, which is why she kept leaving, because staying… staying meant giving up control of that and she was sure that’s not what she wanted… but then again, she didn’t want to lose Chaeyoung….

Not only had Jennie slept with Chaeyoung after promising her she wasn't leaving again and then broke her promise, but she had gone to another model’s house and spent the night there though nothing happened, she wanted to talk to someone about what she was feeling, she needed someone to give her a push so she could take the leap, problem is photos of her leaving said models house the next day wearing the same clothes had gotten out, and the chances of Chaeyoung not seeing them was next to none, and judging by the text she got this morning from said brown eyed girl, she had already saw them. And what did the text say, well It was pretty short and simple really…“I'm done”

You see Jennie had a reputation. And Chaeyoung got to experience several times what that meant, but she always kept coming back, though Jennie never said anything but she hadn't slept with someone since her third night with the blonde two months ago, when she finally opened up to her and she felt… safe, even if she kept treating her as nothing more than a hot body to spend the night with, as if she was any other girl Jennie slept with..because…well… she's an idiot really… and now she has to face the consequences.

So now here she is dreading going inside that building, and seeing those brown eyes look at her with nothing but hatred, Jennie hopes this will be like all the other times, Chaeyoung will get angry but after a while of Jennie being all cutesy it'll be like nothing happened, but something told Jennie this would be different and if she was being honest, she was terrified that was the case.

“Jennie they need you inside” a voice coming from the door behind her interrupted her thoughts. Time to face the music.

Walking inside she walked towards the group of people surrounding the guy in charge of the show, everyone is listening intently at him, models are all on the robes ready for showtime, producers, make up artists, and everyone else involved in the show, paying attention to all the changes that had been made in the show, and as much as Jennie would like to say she was paying attention, her mind was preoccupied with the blonde girl on the other side of the room…

Chaeyoung was doing an interview, and the brunette walked closer hoping she could talk to the girl before the show..

“So Chaeyoung, you and VS angel Jennie, had been spotted several times together, but never really confirmed anything, what do you have to say about the recent photos of Jennie and fellow model Jisoo? Chaeyoung´s eyes hardened after hearing about the photos, to everyone else she may look normal but for the brunette standing close by, she looked pissed, and Jennie wasn't sure if the talk she wanted to have would actually happen.

“Well you said it yourself, we never confirmed anything and that's because nothing happened between us. We are nothing more than friends.” Jennie’s heart contracted painfully after hearing that, she ed up… “And regarding about your other question well... Jennie is a grown woman and she can do with her life whatever she wants, and that's none of my business”

“I guess you're right about that Chaeyoung, now you were supposed to sing your most recent single ‘On My Way’ but now I'm being told you will be singing a new song…” Wait what? a new song? Jennie is opening that segment, why was she not informed of this?

“Yeah you know I got struck by 2:00 am writing inspiration and um.. I thought this song went better with the segment and it works better with the outfits so.. me and the band pulled an all nighter talked to the producers and now I'm singing the song” Oh so that's why she hadn't been informed, because she was the cause of the change… wonderful… now she has to walk out of the runway to a song she hadn't even heard which is being sung by a person who hates her, just great, her thoughts were interrupted by someone calling her name

“Jennie, hey!” Chaeyoung snapped her fingers, the last thing she wanted to do was talk to the brunette. Jennie immediately looked at Chaeyoung, her heart fluttering by the sight of the girl's eyes…

“I'm sorry what?” why was Chaeyoung talking to her?, is she not pissed at her?

“You're stepping on my mic pack, please move” Jennie looked down and yes she was in fact stepping on her mic pack, she removed her foot and looked at the shorter girl

“I..I´m sorry” she said hoping the other girl would understand the depth of her words.

“Yeah whatever is fine, you didn't see it” Chaeyoung said while picking up her mic pack.

“No I...I mean for everything”

The younger girl froze for a moment, before anger took over her and turned to look at the model “A little too late for that don’t you think?” the singer said, before turning around and walking away.

She had to fix this, she didn't know how but she needed to fix this, she needed Chaeyoung to know she didn't walk away because she didn't care but because she did, she needed to tell Chaeyoung to give her another chance.

“Rosie… wait!” Jennie followed the girl hoping to at least explained herself.

“Jennie you´re need in five… Chaeyoung position please…”

‘Guess this will have to wait’ thought Jennie…’Hopefully it's not too late.’

Chaeyoung took her spot at the stage while Jennie got the final adjustments to her wings, as the lights dimmed down, Jennie took her place at the start of the runway as trumpets started to sound, Chaeyoung started to sing,

Oh you broke my heart

I told you I was weak for love

But then you went around

And did what you wanted to do

And now I'm crying, crying

‘Oh she's pissed, she's definitely pissed’ Thought Jennie as she turned towards the runway to start her walk she noticed Chaeyoung was looking right at her as she sang, nothing but anger and hurt in her eyes.

Ooh it seemed like everything was going fine

I found the love that I thought was gonna last

Then I accidentally saw a few things in your cell

I even LOL'd man I should've known

Jennie could do nothing but pretend everything was fine and dandy, putting on the smile she was known for and continued her strut, she slowed down a bit hoping Chaeyoung would at least interact with her for the sake of the show but she doesnt… at least not with Jennie.

Once the show is done and Jennie gets backstage she quickly removes her outfit and dresses in a pair of joggers and a shirt and runs towards Chaeyoung’s dressing room hoping to get there before the other girl finishes with her interviews and pictures, otherwise she was pretty sure Chaeyoung would close the door on her face. Luckily it was empty, the brunette girl pacing around the room for what felt like ages until the girl she loves opens the door.

“What are you doing here?” Chaeyoung asked, no expression on her face, tone equally as cold. “Did you not hear the song? Because it was for you, I mean you did say you always liked my songs”

“Chaeyoung…” Jennie stared at Chaeyoung pleadingly.

“Should I repeat the lyrics to you? I mean is not that hard to remember, two letters… one is F and the other one’s U because what you need to do is leave this ing room”

“Chae please...just let me...” Jennie took a few steps closer to Chaeyoung, only for the shorter girl to take a few steps back

“What? Jennie” Chaeyoung turned to look at the taller girl, her heartbreak being clouded by anger “Just what?, let you explain?” Pausing for a second but knowing Jennie wasn't going to answer “I know what you are going to say, ‘oh it didn´t mean anything, she's not you, this is the last time, I promise’ yet it never is, is it?” Taking a breath she continues , while Jennie can do nothing but see the damage she's done to the woman “Look we’ve been here, in the same scene before...and honestly I'm tired, Jen, I’m tired because I kept chasing you and waiting for you, I kept believing you, I gave as much as I could while my heart was barely surviving, so just… do whatever you want but please just leave me alone okay? Keep running like you always do and don't look back, you’ve done it before shouldn’t be too hard to do it again”

With that Chaeyoung turned around and opened the door waiting for the brunette woman to get out of her room, Jennie could do nothing but stare at her, she was too late, Chaeyoung was not only angry but most of all she sounded defeated as if she had given up on Jennie, the brunette’s heart heavy with the guilt and the knowledge that’s she ed up the one good thing in her life, she pushed away the one person that was nothing but patient with her, who would listen to her when she was upset or angry, who would simply open the door whenever she needed her.

Closing her eyes Jennie made a choice… to stop running from fear and start running towards happiness. “No”

“I’m sorry what?” Chaeyoung asked, leaning her head forward in case she heard wrong.

“I said no” The brunette woman opened her eyes looking straight at Chaeyoung and then walking a few steps to close the door “Im not running and I'm most certainly not leaving you… not again.” Turning to look at Chaeyoung she continued “Nothing happened between me and Jisoo despite what the pictures might look like, I just needed someone to talk to, someone to help get my feelings and thoughts in check. Look I know how much I hurt you, but I...I don't want to do that anymore, I can't deal with you being done with me, because I can't deal with not seeing you, not touching you or kissing you”

Chaeyoung did nothing but stare at Jennie, her arms crossed protecting herself, Jennie sees this, of course, but she will not let that stop her from fixing the mess she created. The brunette girl started pacing

“Look I haven't had the best relationships okay...I put up with you wouldn't believe, I got hurt by people who were supposed to love me and I made excuses for them and...and they did damage alright? So I locked my heart, I figured if I don't let anyone in, I wont get hurt, so I’ve spent the last few years breaking hearts before they got to breaking mine… no strings, no emotions, like I was paralyzed, like my heart was paralyzed” Jennie stopped pacing and turned to look at Chaeyoung, the blonde could only stare at Jennie, and like the amazing girl that she is, she was listening, because the thing about Chaeyoung was that no matter what if she cared about you she will always listen and be there for you, so Jennie kept talking.

“But then you came along, you with your bright hair, your bright smile, your selfness, your adorable quirks that made me smile like until my cheeks hurt.” Chaeyoung can’t help but let our a small grin at this, and Jennie notices “You came along and suddenly it was like my heart was on fire, in a good way, and I was terrified, I thought I was gonna break again and I knew I couldn't stop it so I tried to slow it down, that's why I stopped calling, why I pushed you away but you were so persistent, and always managed to pulled me back in and I always wanted to stay… I still do” Jennie got closer to Chaeyoung… taking her hand and feeling thankful the other girl didn’t take it back, she placed it on top of heart, holding on to her.

“Jen…” Chaeyoung exhaled feeling Jennie’s heat going a thousand miles per minute, much like hers was.

“I’m done running, because I… I love you Roseanne Park, God do I love you” Jennie leaned closer to Chaeyoung, foreheads almost touching “All I want is you Rosie, I want to give up control to you, you can be my steering wheeling and I'll gladly hold onto you”

“Jen…” Chaeyoung sighed, her forehead against the taller brunette’s closing her eyes and feeling the closeness. She pulled away slightly putting space between her and Jennie.

“You get one more shot, if you break my heart again I swear to God Jennie, I’m not coming back”

The brunette’s heart can help but leap out of her chest, her smile lighting up the room.

“I won’t. From now on I run to you, and you only.”