TWENTY SIX

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is my resume," Yewon uttered as she handed a green folded that held her papers with two hands. "If you need anything else, then tell me. I'll gladly email it to you."

 

Byul averted her gaze and set the folder down, a soft laugh sounding from her lips. "Yewon, you do understand that I don't need to look over your resume, right?"

 

Yewon was confused. "I don't understand... You gave me your card just in case I needed a job, so I'm here to be interviewed, but you're not going to look at my resume?"

 

"Why would I?" Byul shrugged, her slacks smooth over her slim legs. "I saw what you made during the event, and ever since then, I've wanted you to work for me. I'm hiring you on the spot."

 

The other was in disbelief, but still, she felt thankful. "You have no idea how much this means to me, Miss Byul... I didn't expect to get a job so fast. When will I start as your assistant?"
 

"Assistant?" Byul scoffed. "You will be no assistant of mine. I'm making you a personal stylist to a lot of our famous clients."

 

"W-Wait, what?" Yewon smiled nervously, unsure of what else to say. Too many surprises were hitting her and soon enough, she was overwhelmed. "Isn't that position a bit too high, Miss Byul? I'm fine as a member of the design department."

 

"Please," the older continued, "Just call me Byul. And you'll be a personal stylist, so take it or leave it. I saw what you can design, and I'm sure our celebrity clients would pay a lot of money to wear your clothes."

 

Yewon looked down at her lap, her right knee bouncing anxiously. She wasn't sure what was holding her back from accepting the offer. Was it doubt? Perhaps she was scared that Byul was just making her head bigger than needed, but she needed a job and she needed one fast. "I..." She trailed off, having to think for another moment. "I'll accept the offer."

 

Byul's smile reached the outer corner of her eyes. She was delighted to have Yewon on her team. "Welcome to the Moon Light company. It's an honor to have you here. You'll start next Monday, and make sure to bring your new sketches to work, okay?"

 

"Y-Yes, Miss— I mean, Byul! Thank you again." Yewon quickly stood, bowing deeply in front of her new boss before jogging downstairs where Eunha was waiting in her car.

 

"So!" The older squealed as Yewon slid into the passenger seat. "How did it go? You think you got in?"

 

"Uhm..." Yewon swallowed thickly, still in disbelief. "I start next Monday as a personal stylist for celebrities."

 

"Wow!" Eunha gasped while lightly stepping on the gas to take them home. 
"We need to celebrate your new job. How about tomorrow night?"

 

"Sure..." Yewon nodded slowly, her fingertips grazing over her soft skin. She could still feel the goosebumps rising on her skin. 

 

 

12 AM.

 

Eunha glanced at the time that was blinking on the radio screen of her car. Hours after dropping Yewon off to their now shared home, she couldn't shake off the thought of what Sojung did for Mrs. Kwon. Never in a million years did she expect her ex-girlfriend to help anyone in need. Could you blame her especially if they ended on such a bad note?

 

"God, I must look like a creep," Eunha muttered. She was parked in front of the gates of Sojung's home, unsure of what to do. "It's midnight... I think I should just come back tomorrow morning."

 

Before Eunha could head off anywhere, Sojung's range rover rolled into view at the end of the street, parking just beside Eunha's tesla.

 

Sojung didn't feel like she was in danger, knowing who exact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter