TWO

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even with one month in, things still haven't gone any easier for Yewon. Every day there was something new to do or her project from the day before wasn't finished. She'd think that being an assistant wouldn't be so bad since all you did was assist (it's in the name), but no. She had her ideas about personal workers wrong and vowed to always appreciate any other assistant she met along the way. Yet the part that pissed her off the most was her boss not remembering her name. She understood that Eunbi had a handful of employees under her wing, but since they saw each other every day, and her cubicle was just one foot away, she'd guess maybe that Eunbi would be spouting her name instead of yelling out "you" or "assistant." She wanted to complain, but to who? Her boss? The person she had a problem with in the first place? That would simply just be a recipe for disaster.

 

"Am I overreacting?" Yewon asked, seated across from her coworker in their break lounge. "I swear I feel like I am."

 

"No, you're not," Joy, the head of the visual department responded with a smile. "I was like that too, honestly. It took her a year to even recognize me."
 

"Weird," the assistant murmured, unwrapping her lunch box with her fingertips. Yewon never spent money in the cafeteria the company offered, not because what they served wasn't good - it was the opposite of that - but because since what they serve is such high quality, it was way out of reach for her budget. Eggs and rice, for now, would do. 

 

"I mean," Joy continued, "If you have such a big problem with it, why don't you try and force her to learn your name?"

 

"What?!"

 

"What!"

 

"If I force her to learn my name, I might get fired," Yewon frowned. "I need this job."

 

"No," Joy laughed softly. "Just try and make her remember your name. Don't do anything too aggressive, though I doubt you can," she murmured while eyeing Yewon from head to toe. "Take it slow. Leave notes on papers."

 

"I just wish I wasn't so bothered by it," Yewon exhaled softly. 

 

"I don't blame you," Joy shrugged. "But boss lady has always been like this. She doesn't know how to socialize."

 

Joy was correct. Eunbi had always been enclosed to herself with the exception of family and her two friends. Without proper exposure to the public from fear of being targeted for money (rich kid problems, right?), Eunbi never had the chance to socialize. Sojung and Yerin were brought with their parents on trips and business meetings, but Eunbi's parents had different ideas. They never allowed Eunbi to even leave their gated yard and the only friend she had were her servers. Eunbi herself was annoyed at the fact that she couldn't talk to people properly, but knew how to act like a boss since all she did was tell her parents' employees what to do. And truthfully, she did want more friends and she wanted to express how thankful she was to her employees, but she didn't know how. Buying them pastries once a week probably wasn't enough.

 

 

"I hope Yewon's doing okay," Eunha muttered as she twirled her noodles in the piece of meat she just grilled with Yuna. "I know it's still hard for her."

 

 

"Eh," Yuna shrugged while blowing on her piece. "Yewon's the strongest compared to the both of us."

 

 

Yuna was cut off once she heard her song playing over the speakers in the restaurant they resided. Slowly, her gaze landed on Eunha and covered her face with the palm of her hands. Even though no one knew it was her who was singing, Yuna still felt embarrassed whenever she heard her voice in public. 

 

 

“Eunha..”

 

 

“Surprise?” The older smiled innocently. “While I was looking for somewhere to eat, this restaurant’s website had a playlist they play every day. And all of your songs are the most played!”

 

 

“You did this on purpose,” the singer frowned. “You know I hate hearing my songs when I’m in public.”

 

 

“Which is weird,” Eunha glared. “Why do you hate it? You have a lot of talent, Yuna.”

 

 

“Please,” Yuna lowered her voice down to a whisper. “Can we not talk about this in public? I don’t want anyone knowing..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter