NINE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, Hwang Eunbi, you can do this. Just ask her. It's as simple as that." Eunbi spoke to herself as she fixed the collar of her blazer, using it as some sort of distraction to push away her nervousness. "How hard can it be? Just ask."

 

The young business owner brushed strands of hair from her face, ignoring the several emails that popped up along the right side of her computer screen. Another month had passed and this time, she knew she wanted to get closer to her assistant. She wasn't sure why, but maybe it was simply because of how Yewon was as a person. Her employee was sweet, caring, and knew she wasn't after money (she learned that the hard way).

 

"Why are you so nervous?" She groaned."It's just a question, and if she says no, then it's a no."

 

Eunbi folded her arms from frustration. Why was it so hard to ask Yewon a question? Just one.

 

"Kim Yewon," she whispered to herself. "Will you-"

 

"Miss Hwang?" Yewon suddenly interrupted, causing Eunbi to jump up from her seat in surprise.

 

"How long were you in here?"

 

"I knocked," Yewon blinked rapidly. "Was I interrupting you?"

 

"No, you weren't." Eunbi looked away to hide her burning cheeks. "How much did you hear?"

 

Yewon shrugged, placing a file folder of Eunbi's upcoming projects on her glass desk. "I didn't hear anything. Anyways, is there anything else you needed, boss?"

 

Eunbi stared at her fingers instead and shook her head slowly. "No... I don't think so."

 

Yewon nodded in understanding, flashing her boss a sweet smile before turning to make her way out and back into her cubicle.

 

"Wait!" Eunbi suddenly called out, her fingernails quickly tapping on her glass desk nervously.

 

Her assistant quickly turned around, her signature confused expression on her face. "What is it, boss?"

 

Eunbi exhaled, using her palm to rub the back of her neck in hopes of calming her nerves. This was her time, when else could she ask?

 

"My friend is hosting this thing tonight... I don't know what she calls it, but a lot of different acts will be showcasing their talents." Eunbi glanced at Yewon quickly. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me? But if you don't want to, I totally understand. It must feel weird going with your boss."

 

Yewon felt her pulse quicken as she focused on the other with a sheepish gaze. She knew just from her stance that her boss was nervous, and in all honesty, she found it adorable. The big boss seemed more like a kitten than a tiger when it came to her presence.

 

"I'd love to..." Yewon smiled shyly.

 

Eunbi immediately perked up, a glimpse of hope showing in her eyes. "Really?"

 

"But I can't," Yewon muttered sadly. "My friend actually has a performance tonight. Weird timing, right? I promised that I'd go and show support. She really needs me."

 

Eunbi felt a bit of sadness after hearing her assistant's words, but she understood. She did make a promise after all. "No worries," she hummed. "Thanks for considering it at least."

 

"Well," Yewon shrugged again. "If it was any other time, I would've went. Maybe next time?"

 

Eunbi felt at ease when Yewon spoke up again and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, next time. Definitely."

 

 

"Has it really been a month already?" Yuna exhaled, nervousness evident in her tone. "I'm scared."

 

Eunha couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's words. Today was the day of Yuna's performance and all the poor girl wanted to do was hurl. She was scared, but she signed up for this.

 

"Can I back out?" Yuna asked. "I don't think I can do it."

 

Eunha soon sighed and turned to squeeze her shoulders to calm her down. "Yuna, you've been practicing Speechless for weeks now. You've got it down. You'll be okay, I promise."

 

Yuna threw her head back and swallowed massive gulps of water. Standing behind the stage hours before the performance made her even more scared. She really was there. Taking a moment to look around, she found the other acts practicing. A handful of them sang, a few others danced, and the rest were random performances like magic tricks or stand up comedy, but she kept her eyes on the singers. They were talented and her nerves got even worst.

 

"I can't," was the singer's response, her chest rising and falling heavily. "I really can't. I can't do it."

 

"Whoa," Eunha held her steady. "Stop looking at others and think of yourself first, Yuna. You're the most talented person in this room, okay?"

 

"You have to say that. You're my friend."

 

"No," the shorter girl frowned. "I'm saying that because I know you. Why do you think you went viral so many times? Or why people have been after your alter ego for so long? They want you, Yuju!"

 

"Keep it down," Yuna murmured desperately. "Okay.. Okay. I'll keep warming up. Where's Yewon?"

 

"I'll call her," Eunha smiled. "Go on. Get back to practicing."

 

 

"There you are!" Eunha exclaimed in relief. "I was getting nervous that you wouldn't show up. Cute dress."

 

"Thanks," Yewon giggled. "Made it myself. How's Yuna?"

 

"She's backstage. Been practicing non-stop. I'd let you see her, but no guests are allowed backstage anymore."

 

"Understandable," Yewon shrugged in response, her hands keeping a tight hold on the boquet of red roses she purchased for Yuna. "I'll just give this to her later." 

 

"Cool—oh! Yerin!" Eunha quickly waved towards the restaurant owner.

 

"Hey!" Yerin grinned. There was never a moment where Yerin wasn't happy. "I'm glad to see you here. Supporting Yuna, I assume?"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter