EIGHT

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna stared at the business card that was stored in the back of her phone case. A week had already passed and today was her last day to sign up to perform. Her hands were shaking almost violently at the thought of performing for a restaurant crowd. She wanted to so badly, to get over her fear of standing on stage, but it was easier said than done. She's had too many experiences in the past, especially during her days in high school, where if she stood before an audience, she felt like vomiting. An odd, heavy, and overwhelming feeling always crowded the pit of her stomach. She knew herself that she was an amazing singer, but she hated that she couldn't do what she wanted to do the most; to sing for everyone.

 

"Hello?" Eunha exclaimed, waving her chopsticks in front of the latter. "Ramen's ready. Are you hungry or are you just gonna keep dozing off on me?"

 

"Sorry," Yuna immediately apologized. "Just a lot to think about.."

 

A bowl was pushed towards the singer with Eunha ladling the noodle soup. They both ate, silence filling the air as they sniffled now and then due to the spice overtaking their senses.

 

"You're not telling me something," Eunha suddenly murmured, her tongue away the broth that stuck to her lips. "What's going on?"

 

Yuna sighed, her fingers grasping her metal chopsticks tightly. "I.. Well.." She swallowed thickly, her lips stinging since the noodles they were eating had more of a kick to it than they expected. "Do you remember that restaurant you showed me? The one where they play my songs every day?"

 

 "Yeah," Eunha quickly nodded. "The one with the sweet owner?"

 

"Mm.." Yuna hummed, signifying some sort of agreement. "I saw she had a flyer posted beside the door about an open mic and she gave me her business card, said to text her when I'm ready so she can sign me up. Today's the last day I can sign up, but, you know.."

 

Eunha gasped, almost dropping her chopsticks to the ground, but yet she somehow caught them at the right time. "Oh my goodness, Yuna! This is your chance! Take it!"

 

The singer grasped her hands tightly, rubbing them together out of nervousness. It wasn't her plan to tell any of her friends because she knew they'd get too excited about the idea, and if she didn't go through with it, then she'd just disappoint them all. "I really don't know, Eunha. I don't want to embarrass myself, especially not in front of the owner."

 

The other rose her eyebrow, a soft scoff passing her lips when she heard her friend's reasoning. "Not wanting to embarrass yourself in front of the owner? Why? You think she's cute, huh?" She smirked.

 

Yuna blushed, swallowing thickly when her friend . "Whatever... I'm gonna wash the dishes."

 

"Yuna..." The older sighed, her eyes following the singer's figure as she stood. "I think you should go for it. Yewon and I will be there to support you, I promise. The world deserves to know who you are."

 

 

"I really need your help, Yewon."

 

Sojung and Yewon both remained seated in the company's break room, mugs of coffee in their hands as the taller nervously bounced her right leg. Ever since bumping into Eunha after seven years without contact, she was the only thing on her mind. All she wanted to do was make things right and apologize for her past mistakes.

 

"Miss Kim-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter