TWENTY TWO

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello!" Eunha called out as she stepped through the doors of the pizza parlor. The same old woman who she met the day before stood in shock, a few folded rags in her hands. Eunha stepped closer, holding a pile of documents in her hands with a wide grin, guiding the woman to sit down. "I didn't mean to startle you, Miss..?"

 

"Mrs. Kwon," the older woman muttered, her hands shaking as she sat herself down. "What are you doing here, sweetheart? We're closed. I guess I forgot to lock the door."

 

Of course, Eunha thought. She was the wife of the original owner, Mr. Kwon.

 

"I kept thinking about what you told me last night," Eunha continued, opening the file of thick paperwork. "I couldn't let this place close just because you couldn't pay the rent, so... I bought the property."

 

Mrs. Kwon tightened her hold on the rags she had in her hands. Burying her face against her palms, Mrs. Kwon began crying quietly. Eunha quickly took the other's hands in her own, giving them a firm squeeze to try and calm her down.

 

"If my husband was still alive, he would be running around like crazy even if he suffered from arthritis..." Mrs. Kwon managed to joke around during a serious conversation, her hands shaking even more from being overwhelmed. "You bought the whole building just for the business?"

 

Eunha nodded, her smile growing widely as her thumbs ran over the other's knuckles. "Yes, and I even sorted through the paperwork so you wouldn't have to read it. But I made you a copy just in case you did."

 

Mrs. Kwon stared down at the papers as Eunha explained every page, signing a few lines now and then. She swore she felt like her heart was going to burst. Who knew she'd meet such an angel like Eunha?

 

"I'm so thankful, I am, yet I still have no clue what your name is." Mrs. Kwon placed her pen down, her only employee watching from the back as she wiped her tears away from happiness.

 

"Oh I'm so sorry," Eunha laughed. "My name is Eunha. I actually used to go to this same exact parlor about eleven or twelve years ago, so the thought of it getting shut down broke my heart." Looking down at the paperwork once they were finished, Eunha held Mrs. Kwon's hands again. "I decided to buy the whole property so it's all yours, madame. Even if you don't want to be the owner of a pizza parlor, you can turn it into anything you want or even rent it out if you need money."

 

Mrs. Kwon began to cry again, pushing her gray hair away from her face. "You truly are an angel... I'm so happy. We were in the middle of packing everything and I expected to get kicked out by the end of the day. Now we own the building...?"

 

"That's right," Eunha nodded, soon being engulfed in the older woman's arms. Tightening her hold, Eunha giggled as she swayed both of them from side to side. "You deserve this, Mrs. Kwon. You and your husband deserve nothing but success. You have no idea how many students you've made happy because of your affordable pizza."

 

Finally pulling back, Eunha handed Mrs. Kwon a napkin. Happiness and warmth radiated through her body and mind. She knew this was the reason she was blessed with so much money; to help those who need it most.

 

"Hello?" A voice called out from the entrance.

 

"Sojung?" Eunha gasped in surprise as Mrs. Kwon finally fixed herself so she'd stop crying. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Uh..." Sojung stepped forward, holding a file folder in her hand as well. "I should be asking you the same thing."

 

"I asked first," Eunha pouted.

 

Sojung scratched the back of her head. She wasn't expecting to see Eunha today and was hoping what she was doing could be kept as a secret, but fate always had a way to bring them together.

 

"Madame," Sojung stepped forward again, handing her a laminated certificate and the other documents needed. "I couldn't let myself sleep last night after you told us that you were shutting down, so I got some work done. I bought you a new building

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter