TWENTY NINE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's about time you showed up."

 

Eunbi's eyes rolled out of habit after hearing her mother's words. Coming back from Japan only last night, Mrs. Hwang quickly texted Eunbi to visit her the next day. Eunbi, of course, didn't have much of a choice considering how much power her mother had over her (which she hated).

 

Mrs. Hwang approached her daughter, her well manicured nails running thoroughly through Eunbi's jet black hair. Eunbi simply stood still, avoiding eye contact with her mom. Today was her and Yewon's real anniversary, so she was too upset to say much.

 

"Alright, come on," Mrs. Hwang whispered. "We have guests in the tea room."

 

"You didn't tell me there would be other people," Eunbi murmured in a sour tone. "I want to go home so just tell me what you need."

 

Mrs. Hwang grasped her daughter's forearm, pulling her towards the next room where two men and one woman were seated beside each other. Eunbi kept her lips sealed shut as she was guided to sit next to her mother.

 

"I apologize for my daughter's tardiness, she does have a habit of running on her own time." Mrs. Hwang cleared , feeling slightly embarrassed. "But as promised, she's here. Eunbi, sit up. This is the Bin family."

 

Eunbi nodded as a hello, her eyes still downcast before stuffing with a cookie. She wanted nothing more but to leave and be with Yewon. She felt this was just a waste of her time.

 

"Eunbi, it's a pleasure to meet you," Mrs. Bin smiled, reaching out to shake the latter's hand. "Your mother was right. You're gorgeous. She'll make a beautiful wife, don't you think, Moon?"

 

Having to hold her neck, Eunbi immediately started to cough from what she heard out of Mrs. Bin's mouth. "Excuse me?"

 

Mrs. Hwang grasped Eunbi's arm firmly to silence her before smiling again. "I'm glad you agree. Our children getting married will make both of our companies stronger."

 

"Moon," Mr. Bin nudged. "Go on. Say something."

 

"Right," Moon, better known as Moonbin, exhaled nervously. "Uhm... I'm looking forward to our time together."

 

Eunbi clenched her jaw from annoyance. How can her own mother do this to her knowing she had no interest in men?

 

"Eunbi," Mrs. Hwang whispered, tightening her grip on her daughter's arm. "Say something back."

 

"I'm not going to marry your son," Eunbi spoke up angrily. "I apologize in advance, but my mother didn't warn me I was going to be married to a guy I've never met before. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to work. Have a good day."

 

"Eunbi!" Mrs. Hwang after her daughter as she stormed off, her face burying in her hand.

 

"If that's the case," Mrs. Bin chipped in, "maybe we should head out."

 

"No," Mrs. Hwang sighed while shaking her head slowly. "I've already informed the press. I promise you they'll marry for the sake of their future and our companies. My daughter is just a tough case to work with."

 

"I see," Mr. Bin muttered this time. "We'll go ahead and contact the wedding planner then. I hope we can get them married before the year ends."

 

"They will," Mrs. Hwang reassured. "My husband and I wouldn't want it any other way."

 

 

"Hey," Moonbyul exclaimed as she knocked on Yewon's open office door, a soft smile on her lips. "Bought you lunch."

 

Yewon looked up from her seat once she heard her boss. A wide smile grew on her lips when she realized that she bought her a sandwich. Having worked for Moonbyul for a little over two months now, she felt more comfortable than ever before.

 

"Thank you, but you shouldn't have, Byul." Yewon happily took the brown bag from the other's hand so they could sit and eat together.

 

"Your most recent client was satisfied with the red carpet dress you made her," Byul hummed. "So I think you deserve a treat. Sorry it isn't a fancy lunch. We're all busy."

 

"No need to apologize," Yewon laughed. "This is enough for me. And I'm glad Miss Solar liked her dress. She was a sweet client."

 

Byul smiled to herself once she heard the mention of Solar, which Yewon notic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter