SIX

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past weeks between Eunbi and Yewon consisted of small smiles, shy talks, and random glances now and then. Eunbi wasn't sure why she was so intrigued by her new assistant. Ever since Yewon proved that she wasn't after Eunbi's money and was just working to gain experience allowed her to trust her with ease. She might even trust her more than her older employees. Though she will admit one thing; her assistant was cute. Anyone with eyesight could see that.

 

 

"Good afternoon, Miss Hwang." Just in time, Yewon entered with a cheerful tone, Eunbi's usual iced americano in her hand and a late lunch sandwich in the other. "They had your favorite sandwich so I got it fresh for you

 

 

"Thank you." Eunbi cleared , watching her assistant place the items down on her desk. A few weeks may seem like a while, but it wasn't enough for Eunbi to form a proper conversation with Yewon. She wanted to know more about what she's been doing or how she was, but the conversation always lead to a command. She couldn't figure out how to stop playing boss. 

 

 

"Is there anything else, boss?" Yewon quirked an eyebrow curiously as she stepped further towards the door, her hand on the doorknob. Her gaze followed Eunbi's as she stared down at her computer intently.

 

 

"Wait," Eunbi scrolled through her schedule and shook her head. "You made a mistake."

 

 

"Huh?" Yewon walked back to where her boss was sitting and stood beside her leather chair. She lowered herself down so that she could get a closer look at the computer screen. Their proximity flustered Eunbi. She could smell Yewon's light perfume, smelling of petals and soft aromatics. Eunbi was practically getting reeled in; she wanted to be closer. Slyly, she pulled herself forward so they were both looking at the screen, their faces just side by side. "No," Yewon continued. "I'm not mistaken. You have a half-day just like the rest of us."

 

 

"No," Eunbi laughed in amusement as she looked at Yewon again; she remained close. "Bosses don't take half days."

 

 

"But bosses are also supposed to take days off but you don't do that," Yewon pouted. The sight completely melted Eunbi's heart, but she didn't show it.

 

 

"Fix my schedule, Yewon. I have a lot to work on."

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Excuse me?" Eunbi rose her eyebrow this time from disbelief. "I'm your boss, you need to do what I say."

 

 

"You're my boss and I care about your health," Yewon argued. "Ever since I started working here, you haven't taken a day off. Even during weekends!"

 

 

Eunbi was taken aback. Never did she expect an employee, especially an assistant, to care about her unhealthy, workaholic habits. She was surprised Yewon even noticed the absurd amount of days she worked. "I can't," Eunbi shook her head. "I have a lot of stuff to work on."

 

 

Yewon buried her face against her palms out of fru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter