TWENTY THREE

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With several receipt books spread over the table, Yerin counted her money from the cash register she used for her restaurant. It's been a month since the last time she's spoken to Yuna and she missed her dearly. Sure her friends visited her and hung out with her when they could, but she felt like she still was missing an important piece, which was Yuna. All she wanted to know was if she was eating right and sleeping well.

 

Writing down her total sales in her logbook and her spreadsheet, Yerin began placing all of her items away so she could finally head home. As much as she enjoyed running several restaurants, she felt too exhausted at times and wished she had a sibling that could take over her position even just for a few days, but she was alone.

 

Standing to grab her bag, Yerin stopped in her tracks upon hearing her cellphone buzz. She grabbed the ringing device, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the sight of an unknown number.

 

"Hello?" She greeted. "Who's this?"

 

"Yerin, it's me, Yuna!" 

 

Yerin's eyes widened from surprise, almost falling back but was lucky enough to trip in a chair instead. went dry. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Yuna..?"

 

"God, it's been so long," the singer sighed from the other end. Yuna was seated in her lower bunk bed. Being a trainee meant you had to live in their provided dorm, abide by their rules, and share more common spaces than before. It wasn't something Yuna was used to, but if it meant she could officially be under the agency of her choice, then she was willing to go through anything.

 

"It has..." Yerin whispered in disbelief. "I can't believe it. It's been a month... I missed you so much."

 

"I missed you too." Yuna was smiling widely. She missed her friends (especially Yerin), and trying to build a bond with the other trainees proved to be difficult. A lot of the trainees she got close to eventually left after a week or so. "They finally installed a house phone for the dorm I'm in, but I'm only allowed two calls per night. And sometimes I can't even use those calls because we train until like... 3 in the morning."

 

Yerin frowned. Her worries about Yuna were coming true. "They're really overworking you, huh?"

 

"I guess you can say that," Yuna murmured, but she knew Yerin had every right to be worried. She expected life as a trainee to be difficult, but she didn't expect it to be so tiresome. Even in just the span of a month, she wanted to get up and leave, but she worked too hard to get to where she was now. SM Entertainment was one of the biggest agencies in South Korea. She would look like a fool to pass up the opportunity to make it bigger than she already was now. "Don't worry though, okay? I'm not the only one suffering. It's normal. Besides... I need to work on my dancing anyway, so practice is good for me."

 

Yerin held back a sigh. As much as she worried about Yuna, she didn't want to push the subject any further and possibly upset her. "Okay, well... I'll try not to worry as much, but you know how I am. Are you eating well though? And- And drinking enough water?" Yerin spoke as if Yuna was going to hangup any second. She missed her a lot and she didn't want their conversation to end, but she also wanted to let Yuna know she only thought about her health while they remained apart.

 

"Yes," Yuna chuckled. "I am. I promise. I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't hydrate or eat well." Yuna laid back now, glancing up once she heard her dormmate's voice.

 

"Yuna! I made some ramen," her roommate popped in. "Want some?"

 

"Yeah! I'll be there soon," Yuna spoke in a soft tone, not wanting to speak too loudly in fear of waking up the other tenants in the building.

 

The sound of a woman's voice startled Yerin. She felt her pulse raising faster. Yerin knew Yuna would ultimately room with someone else, but the reality of another girl being able to sleep in the same room as Yuna and see her every day made her jealous. "Who was that?"

 

"That was my dormmate Seulgi. She's been training for about a few months." Yuna shifted in her bed, her eyes closing as she kept the phone to her ear. "She's super talented and she's pretty too. I guess that's why she was scouted so fast. Also, she's really good at dancing. She's been helping me practice and I think I've gotten a lot better because of her."

 

Yerin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter