SEVENTEEN

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm surprised you lasted this long in the design department. Too bad that's only how far you're going to get."

 

Yewon rolled her eyes upon hearing Eunseo's words as she stepped inside of her office with a red folder, slamming it down on her desk.

 

"Miss Hwang said that's for you."

 

"Thanks." Yewon pulled herself closer to her table, her fingers typing away on her keyboard to log herself in.

 

At least three months have passed ever since the day Eunbi placed Yewon in the design department. Within those three months, Yewon showed her true skills that impressed her coworkers and even earned herself her own private office (not because Eunbi was head over heels for her, but because she simply deserved it). Yewon still hadn't had the chance to allow her creations come to life; mostly because she wasn't sure how. She was still learning after all. 

 

Yewon helped the others by pointing out flaws, possible wardrobe malfunctions, and clashing colors, but her team also had to help her create clothes instead of just sketching them. The design department was steady and most importantly, there was no drama. She and her coworkers knew they were just there for work and a handful of possible friendships.

 

"Nice office." Eunseo clicked her tongue against the roof of , her arms folding across her chest firmly. "What'd you do to get it? our boss?"

 

Yewon's jaw clenched. Was Eunseo here to purposely get on her nerves? "And what if I did?" Yewon's words were monotone, completely unfazed from what the other was saying. "You'd be jealous, right?"

 

Eunseo sneered, her steps heavy as she walked around Yewon's office to try and brush off her thoughts. "Why would I be? I'm in a higher position than you even after what I've done. Don't you think Miss Hwang is holding onto me for a reason? She wants me."

 

Yewon couldn't help but laugh. "She wants you? Keep dreaming," she muttered. "I'm learning as I go, yet I already got promoted without even working here for a year. I'll catch up to you soon."

 

Eunseo turned herself around slowly, her face expressing annoyance and anger. "If you think you'll take my spot so easily, then you're wrong." Eunseo placed her hands on top of Yewon's desk, Yewon standing soon after so they were face to face. "I worked my off to get to where I am today. You aren't taking that away from me. I'm not afraid of you."

 

"You should be. I'm not here to play around, Eunseo. I will take your position if you continue to push me." Yewon smiled innocently. 

 

"Was that a threat?" Eunseo scoffed.

 

"Nope," Yewon simply shook her head, handing Eunseo the red folder again once she finished signing the paperwork. "It was a promise. So if you're finished trying to get on my nerves, then you can go. You're on the clock, by the way."

 

"We're not done yet," Eunseo yanked the folder away. "But I'll go back to my office above your own."

 

Yewon blew the other an annoying kiss, a soft sigh passing her lips as she shook her head once Eunseo was gone. She sincerely hated having problems with people she worked with, but she's had enough of being thrown around by Eunseo. Even the quietest people had their limits.

 

 

"Eunbi." Yewon's lips formed upward upon seeing her boss standing in her office doorway.

 

"I've missed you," the older sighed, walking towards her assistant to engulf her in a tight hug. "I'm sorry we haven't been able to spend much time together lately. I get pretty busy during the summer season." Eunbi tightened the hug even more, a gentle smile on her lips as she lifted her hand that held a small plastic bag. "Sandwich?"

 

"You got me one?" Yewon smiled even wider, her chin nuzzling against Eunbi's collarbone, her eyes full of love while her boss nodded. "Thank you."

 

Eunbi locked the door behind her so they could have privacy, both of them sitting across from each other as they ate.

 

"How come you're s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter