FOUR

Easily.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sight of Yewon breaking her heel made Eunbi worry immediately. She was ready to run and help her but was taken aback when coffee spilled all over her client’s outfit. A soft smirk graced over her lips and stared as he tried to brush off the piping hot liquid. 

 

 

“You better make that assistant apologize,” he yelled. “Or else.”

 

 

“Or else what?” Eunbi rose her eyebrow challengingly. “The last time I checked you needed my assets.”

 

 

“You’re going to regret this,” he snarled, standing up this time to grab his items. “You’re going to lose a regular client. Your father knows us and I’m sure he’ll be upset to find out that—“

 

 

“Well I’m not my father, am I?” Eunbi interrupted as she remained sitting down in her leather chair. “I’m not my father. I’m his daughter and I’m the woman he passed this company down to. He trusts me and I’m sure he’ll be happy to know we removed scum from our lists of partnerships.”

 

 

All of them were in shock, even Eunbi’s employees. They’ve never seen their boss react like this. Her clients walked out angrily, but she didn’t care. She knew that the company being tied with a business lacking diversity in its products wouldn’t end up the way she wanted to. 

 

 

“Where’s my assistant?” Eunbi asked, a bit distracted with her pen as she left a few notes in her book. 

 

 

“I escorted her out,” Joy responded. “She’s in her cubicle.”

 

 

“Wrap it up. Make sure they never come back,” Eunbi sighed while speaking, standing from her seat so she could head out. 

 

 

Upon arriving at Yewon’s cubicle, she was confused as to why her assistant was gathering her items off of her desk. 

 

 

“What’re you doing?” Eunbi asked, obviously confused.

 

 

Yewon stopped her movements once she heard her boss's words and swallowed thickly. She remained frozen as she kept her hands firm on the box that held her things. “I.. I asked Joy if I was going to get fired and she said most likely, so I started packing my items and—“

 

 

“Stop,” Eunbi pressed her fingertips above her eyebrows to massage the ongoing headache she’s had since this morning. “Joy isn’t your boss. You’re not fired unless I say you are. Now put your things back and grab your bag.”

 

 

“My bag?” Yewon blinked in confusion as she placed the box down. “Why—“

 

 

“I’ll be down in the garage in my car. I’m giving you five minutes.”

 

 

“But—“

 

 

Eunbi left before Yewon could say anything else. The assistant stumbled back again and looked down at her items in utter confusion. She swore she was going to get fired. What happened?

 

 

As Eunbi requested, Yewon was downstairs in less than five minutes. Eunbi stood beside the passenger door of her car while her phone pressed against her ear, casually opening the door for Yewon.

 

 

“Uhm..” Yewon cleared . “What’re we doing?”

 

 

“Stop asking questions,” Eunbi muttered. “Just get in. And make sure I have nothing else to do today.”

 

 

Quickly nodding, Yewon slid into the passenger seat of her boss’s car. The interior screamed Eunbi; clean leather, minimal, and high tech. 

 

 

The whole car ride was silent with the occasional hum of the radio in the background. Neither wanted to say anything, mostly because Yewon was confused as to why her boss would make her stop working in the middle of a busy day. 

 

 

“We’re here,” Eunbi said as she parked her vehicle in front of the building. 

 

 

Yewon looked up and froze at the sight. They were in the city’s biggest luxury mall which required you to have a membership to even purchase anything. 

 

 

“Come on,” Eunbi blinked. Yewon wouldn’t move out of her seat. “Hello?”

 

 

“O-Oh,” Yewon finally nodded. “Sorry, I just— wow.”

 

 

The pair walked together and as always, Eunbi’s personal guards lurked at a distance for her safety. 

 

 

“Miss Hwang, what are you buying here?” Yewon questioned her boss. Like a curious yet lost puppy, she stuck closely behind Eunbi while carrying her purse with two hands. 

 

 

Eunbi didn’t answer as Yewon continued to babble her ear off from behind. A small smirk formed on her lips, but lasting short enough so that Yewon didn’t notice as she lead her into a shoe store. 

 

 

“Miss Hwang,” a sales representative exclaimed in an excited tone. “We haven’t seen you in a while. How can we help you?”

 

 

“I’m not here for me,” Eunbi looked around while speaking. “Find her two flats and three stilettos. Also two sneakers. What’s your size?”

 

 

Yewon stood like a statue. She wasn’t sure what to do as her purse dropped to her feet from shock. 

 

 

“W-What?” She stuttered nervously. “Miss Hwang, no, I can’t. That’s too much.”

 

 

“I’m not asking you if you want it or not. I’m asking what your size is,” Eunbi scoffed. 

 

 

“It’s six and a half

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter